For what it's worth here is my take on tgc 19

• 4 Replies

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« on: January 19, 2019, 09:09:36 PM »
people know that I'm one of the biggest cheerleaders for the game,  and I'm sure many have noticed I'm not around much on the forums and I haven't touched the game in many months...

Anyway,  my # 1 thing is multiplayer,  and live.  HB,  finally got that right,  and it was a pleasure to be able to actually play live.  However,  during Beta or early access I told them that the game setup for private matches was way too confusing and it needed to be simplified.  This wasn't just for my purposes but newbies as well.  It has to be one of the most confusing interfaces I've ever witnessed and this is a bad thing.

I found that having create a room and then exit,  create a game and invite was way too many steps.  It ended up being a feature that I never used because it was just too many hoops.  This lead me to matchmaking!  This was what I was really excited about but because of the issue with being paired up the cheesers most of the time it was a disaster.  I know that HB did an update which I never even tried because I heard it wasn't much better.  Anyway,  the long and the short of it is I got incredibly frustrated not with the gameplay but the multiplayer interface.  This is what drove me away.  I actually enjoyed career mode but that was going to split time with live matchmaking.  Once I got frustrated with Hb's lack of improvement in that area I just left well alone.

What could bring me back?  Next game needs improved graphics and look,  I think we can all agree that it needs to take a leap,  it should not look worse than rory and it does.  The engine and graphics need to be overhauled and a lobby needs to be added to avoid all the confusing steps. If this isn't done,  I'm definitely finished with tgc.   I love my golf games,  but I just don't feel HB has enough resources to make the game that needs to be made.
My Courses:
Nitro 9 Bedrock
Devils Rain (updated)
Throat of Saint Blaise V.1
Our Lady Of Guadalupe V 0.9
Texoma's 9 Hole On The Green
Opulent Peaks CC
Margaret Thatchers Fields Of Pleasure (joke course)

Cathalos1991

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2019, 06:24:03 PM »
people know that I'm one of the biggest cheerleaders for the game,  and I'm sure many have noticed I'm not around much on the forums and I haven't touched the game in many months...

Anyway,  my # 1 thing is multiplayer,  and live.  HB,  finally got that right,  and it was a pleasure to be able to actually play live.  However,  during Beta or early access I told them that the game setup for private matches was way too confusing and it needed to be simplified.  This wasn't just for my purposes but newbies as well.  It has to be one of the most confusing interfaces I've ever witnessed and this is a bad thing.

I found that having create a room and then exit,  create a game and invite was way too many steps.  It ended up being a feature that I never used because it was just too many hoops.  This lead me to matchmaking!  This was what I was really excited about but because of the issue with being paired up the cheesers most of the time it was a disaster.  I know that HB did an update which I never even tried because I heard it wasn't much better.  Anyway,  the long and the short of it is I got incredibly frustrated not with the gameplay but the multiplayer interface.  This is what drove me away.  I actually enjoyed career mode but that was going to split time with live matchmaking.  Once I got frustrated with Hb's lack of improvement in that area I just left well alone.

What could bring me back?  Next game needs improved graphics and look,  I think we can all agree that it needs to take a leap,  it should not look worse than rory and it does.  The engine and graphics need to be overhauled and a lobby needs to be added to avoid all the confusing steps. If this isn't done,  I'm definitely finished with tgc.   I love my golf games,  but I just don't feel HB has enough resources to make the game that needs to be made.
I agree, I mostly play for the designer and have a few out of society matchplay tournaments going strong but other than that I can honestly say it's actually been a bit of a let down. TGC2 got way more out of me than this game, I used to literally eat sleep, drink the game. TGC2019 was too overhyped in my honest opinion.

It definitely has its positives, but I really felt a little stung by the price considering what they actually presented us with and continue to do. Rory Mcilroy was released in July 2015 and still looks better. Rory gameplay was a crock, but man it had some really sweet visuals. Surely there's something that can be done to create anything that can compare with it.

I don't really play societies due to time commitment, having to play a specific amount of rounds within a certain time doesn't suit me, but I do like the changes they made. Yes it could've been made a little simpler but overall I'm impressed.

Designer got a good overhaul, but the amount of space trees now use on the plant meter due to the new Speed Tree Tech was a downer for me. Had to rip half a course apart just to be able to port it over.

Sponsor clothing etc - I thought there would be more than there was but it was still a really nice addition.

Like I said above somewhere, the game surely has advanced but not enough. Here's hoping TGC2020 or whatever comes next takes the step that's needed.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Course Designer
- Old Head Golf Links
- Old Course @ Ballybunion
- The Emirates Golf Club
- The Celtic Manor Resort
- Wentworth
- Killeen Castle Golf Club
- Highgarden Golf Resort
- Druids Glen Golf Resort
- Cill Mhuire Na nGall
- Royal County Down
- Crans-sur-Sierre

superaces

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2019, 07:55:58 PM »
Just to counter argue, I love the game and the designer and multiplayer was never on my lists of must haves because tgctours is plenty of fun and competition for myself. I agree private lobbies/matches are confusing and I do wish it was easier. The gameplay is honestly great as of now and graphically is still pretty good. Now, saying that though there's always room for improvement. What I'm worried about is that they will release a 2020 and it'll be marginal. I'd rather see a 2 year cycle and have more leaps game to game then just tweaks.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Leadbelly

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2019, 09:07:21 PM »
The three platforms is what holds this game back in the feature department. Pick any platform you would like and if that's all they had to deal with, you all would have just about every feature you could think of. But when there are three to deal with all at the same time, compromises must be made.  Golf games 20 years ago had all the features people are asking for in this game and more, but those games only had one platform to deal with.

Thrangar

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2019, 01:46:43 PM »
The three platforms is what holds this game back in the feature department. Pick any platform you would like and if that's all they had to deal with, you all would have just about every feature you could think of. But when there are three to deal with all at the same time, compromises must be made.  Golf games 20 years ago had all the features people are asking for in this game and more, but those games only had one platform to deal with.

Do you think this could be overcome with a larger developement team and more money in the bank to start with?

This last year has taught me that cross platform and Unity are going to dissapoint me...this includes other games I obtained not just  this one only, however they were all small or very small dev teams
Proud Member of the sub par club at McKee McGrodo (black Widow)

space-cash