Distances WAY off on TGC with Skytrak

• 3 Replies

JacobM21

« on: January 26, 2019, 09:29:50 PM »
What's up guys, I just purchased a SkyTrak Launch Monitor and also invested in the TGC software to play some sim golf.

I see so many people post here about how they're distances are way off compared to real life results so please hear me out on this. I've read a lot of people talk about the indoor swing syndrome, testing outdoors, etc. I'm at a breaking point and am really looking for some help, tips, ideas, etc. While playing TGC, my distances are WAY off. I can live with small differences, but as you can see below, i'm off anywhere between 20-30 yards on most clubs.

I'd like to rule out the indoor swing being the issue as I've been swinging indoor for weeks now and I've gotten to the point to where i'm trying to absolutely kill the ball now and still can't get the results I'm accustomed to.

I also see that when selecting a club while playing, it gives you a carry distance for that club. Does anyone know where these numbers come from and if there is a way to modify them to be more accurate to your swing results? I remember reading that in order to play online tournaments, we can only boost up to 5 in our TGC settings, so I want to find a solution while still leaving the opportunity to compete online open.

My normal approximate distances vs. TGC distance with my clubs are as follows:

Normal                                TGC
    PW        140                        105
    9            150                        130
    8            162                        140
    7            175                        150-160
    6            188                        170
    5            200                        180
    4            210                        190
    3Hybrid 240-250                  210 
    Driver    275-300                  240-250

I'm also posting this on the golfsimulator forum in search of any and all help.

Thank You,

Jake

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2019, 09:54:51 PM »
What's up guys, I just purchased a SkyTrak Launch Monitor and also invested in the TGC software to play some sim golf.

I see so many people post here about how they're distances are way off compared to real life results so please hear me out on this. I've read a lot of people talk about the indoor swing syndrome, testing outdoors, etc. I'm at a breaking point and am really looking for some help, tips, ideas, etc. While playing TGC, my distances are WAY off. I can live with small differences, but as you can see below, i'm off anywhere between 20-30 yards on most clubs.

I'd like to rule out the indoor swing being the issue as I've been swinging indoor for weeks now and I've gotten to the point to where i'm trying to absolutely kill the ball now and still can't get the results I'm accustomed to.

I also see that when selecting a club while playing, it gives you a carry distance for that club. Does anyone know where these numbers come from and if there is a way to modify them to be more accurate to your swing results? I remember reading that in order to play online tournaments, we can only boost up to 5 in our TGC settings, so I want to find a solution while still leaving the opportunity to compete online open.

My normal approximate distances vs. TGC distance with my clubs are as follows:

Normal                                TGC
    PW        140                        105
    9            150                        130
    8            162                        140
    7            175                        150-160
    6            188                        170
    5            200                        180
    4            210                        190
    3Hybrid 240-250                  210 
    Driver    275-300                  240-250

I'm also posting this on the golfsimulator forum in search of any and all help.

Thank You,

Jake

Driver swingspeed readings?

JacobM21

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2019, 02:22:56 PM »
Hi McBogga,

I attached a shot chart from my last practice session on the SkyTrak. Not sure how to pull this information from TGC, but i'd have to say these numbers are a little high compared to what i'm seeing in TGC.

If the file is unable to open, average of my drive speed is 108 mph with 244 carry. 5 iron is avg. 84 mph with 167 carry.

Thanks again!

JacobM21

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2019, 05:15:13 PM »
I placed the ball back behind the laser and got some results that look a more normal to me. (accuracy is still something i struggle with) Not sure whether to do this with all clubs. On my driver, I placed it about 3 inches behind the laser and that seemed to work ok. Now, when selecting clubs in TGC, do I select the club I'm actually using or do I select the club that gives me that carry distance shown on the club?

Example :

150 yard shot. do I select the 9 iron i would use, or do i select the 7 iron that shows that distance?

space-cash