Latest Tunings make zero sense to me - many problems

• 37 Replies

leslie.sangster

« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2019, 04:49:31 AM »
I like your idea. I'm agreeing with you .

I really hope we get a real overswing in the next game. You know the old the harder you swing the further the ball goes concept.

I don't know about you guys but I don't swing 100 %  every swing when I play golf . I'm about 80 to 90 % . 80 mostly with longer clubs 90 % with irons. I only go 100 % when I have a reason for it. Like a wide open fairway or a buried lie.

A 100% swing should be very risky not the preferred shot.
I’m the same Paul in real golf I hit about 90% with irons but I still have a tendency to try and hit driver as hard as I can.
I’m sure in the last TW golf I played you could swing a bit slower and take a little off but in this game a slower swing gives you extra yards you don’t want. I’m cool with it giving you a fade but not the extra distance. I think draw and fade should be based on how far out of the blue strip you are not fast or slow downswing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2019, 11:34:37 AM »
I like your idea. I'm agreeing with you .

I really hope we get a real overswing in the next game. You know the old the harder you swing the further the ball goes concept.

I don't know about you guys but I don't swing 100 %  every swing when I play golf . I'm about 80 to 90 % . 80 mostly with longer clubs 90 % with irons. I only go 100 % when I have a reason for it. Like a wide open fairway or a buried lie.

A 100% swing should be very risky not the preferred shot.

Depends on what 100% means. Normally in video games 100% is defined as the “perfect” level before going into overswing. This is maybe easier to understand.

Similar in real golf really even if maybe not mathematically correct. The fastest swing you can execute in control sort of is your 100% even if you can get a couple of mph more by overswinging...

The overswing idea is a great mechanic, preferably without any rubber banding at 100%. Player needs to groove their own swing.

But I would take more realistic conditions and lies over swing changes. A gustiness component to the wind would be huge. As would realistic rough conditions that could be adjusted as part of a tournament set up.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 11:36:30 AM by McBogga »

jeffbdvs

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2019, 09:21:54 AM »
In before lock!
How did I make a twelve on a par five hole? It's simple - I missed a four foot putt for an eleven.
 - Arnold Palmer

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2019, 03:44:23 AM »
In before lock!

Lock?

For that HB needs to actually care about the thread...

jeffbdvs

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2019, 01:50:11 PM »
In before lock!

Lock?

Sorry, Robert. The post to which I was referring has mysteriously disappeared. The tone and content seemed very much like a previously banned member.
How did I make a twelve on a par five hole? It's simple - I missed a four foot putt for an eleven.
 - Arnold Palmer

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2019, 03:03:10 PM »
In before lock!

Lock?

Sorry, Robert. The post to which I was referring has mysteriously disappeared. The tone and content seemed very much like a previously banned member.

Oh, the disappearing post thing...

FRSTDWN

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2019, 07:28:24 PM »
In before lock!

Lock?

Lol...

RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED!

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TGC 2019 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

neilwilkes

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2019, 08:05:43 AM »
Here is another great example of the nonsense I am talking about.
LW Flop Shot. FLAT green, no wind. No bad lie, everything was perfect - I set it up on purpose on chipping green to prove my point.
Perfect-Perfect got me 28 yards
Perfect-Slow went 36 yards - this is absolute BS, especially given the following factors:
1 - The slow was so marginally slow I could not see the edge of the Blue Band in shot feedback.
2 - If this is supposed to be a power fade, then WTAF is going on with power fade rules on a blasted Flop Shot?

Sorry, but a slow downswing - which is absolutely what it is telling me in shot feedback - simply should never, ever go further than a perfect downswing.
I had not set up any shaping & both shots were almost ruler straight in feedback (it took me several tries to get the numbers but they are absolutely accurate)
This is just plain broken and it is ruining the game for me because I now have to deliberately hobble my swing to gain distance. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2019, 04:17:12 PM »
A slow flop seems best represented by hitting the ball high on the face with too much of an open face or backwards shaft lean. Pops up and slightly right with low spin and ends up short right of target.

neilwilkes

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2019, 10:25:19 AM »
A slow flop seems best represented by hitting the ball high on the face with too much of an open face or backwards shaft lean. Pops up and slightly right with low spin and ends up short right of target.

But this is not what happens.
You get the so-called "Power Fade" mechanic, and a perfect backswing followed by a slow downswing goes to the right but also goes a LOT further than a Perfect/Perfect swing.
The same happens when chipping with the LW as well - indeed, I can now get it to travel way, way further than it should be deliberately doing this - the result is similar to dropping the club onto the ball, result = Very Slow downswing yet the ball flies - when what I was trying to do is how I play a chip around a real green - a slower downswing makes the clubhead speed lower & the ball does not go as far - this is not what happens since the last patch.
This mechanic is completely broken - there is no other word for it except "BUG".
I can just about buy it off the tee, but even then a lower clubhead speed (slow downswing) should make the ball go less distance, not more. The way to get it to go a shorter distance is a slow backswing - and a perfect downswing.
This is totally backwards.

HB need to address this as it is nonsensical.

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2019, 12:12:31 PM »

But this is not what happens.
You get the so-called "Power Fade" mechanic, and a perfect backswing followed by a slow downswing goes to the right but also goes a LOT further than a Perfect/Perfect swing.
The same happens when chipping with the LW as well - indeed, I can now get it to travel way, way further than it should be deliberately doing this - the result is similar to dropping the club onto the ball, result = Very Slow downswing yet the ball flies - when what I was trying to do is how I play a chip around a real green - a slower downswing makes the clubhead speed lower & the ball does not go as far - this is not what happens since the last patch.
This mechanic is completely broken - there is no other word for it except "BUG".
I can just about buy it off the tee, but even then a lower clubhead speed (slow downswing) should make the ball go less distance, not more. The way to get it to go a shorter distance is a slow backswing - and a perfect downswing.
This is totally backwards.

HB need to address this as it is nonsensical.

It is completely nonsensical and has no place in “simulation sports” - as HB and 2K choose to brand this game.

Andrew Hobson

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2019, 10:16:53 PM »
LW Flop Shot. FLAT green, no wind. No bad lie, everything was perfect - I set it up on purpose on chipping green to prove my point.
Perfect-Slow went 36 yards - this is absolute BS, especially given the following factors:
1 - The slow was so marginally slow I could not see the edge of the Blue Band in shot feedback.
2 - If this is supposed to be a power fade, then WTAF is going on with power fade rules on a blasted Flop Shot?

Sorry, but a slow downswing - which is absolutely what it is telling me in shot feedback - simply should never, ever go further than a perfect downswing.
I had not set up any shaping & both shots were almost ruler straight in feedback (it took me several tries to get the numbers but they are absolutely accurate)
This is just plain broken and it is ruining the game for me because I now have to deliberately hobble my swing to gain distance. Stupid, stupid, stupid.
Totally agree Neil. Its ruining the game for everyone.
If hb want to create a sim game then the fade and draw should be about the swing plane because you are hitting the ball with an open or closed clubface irl, not the tempo of the swing.
At least before the dec patch this corrupt swing system at least was manageable. Bring back the tgc2 swing system. You can hit masters clubs all day long with that one.

neilwilkes

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2019, 06:50:56 AM »

If hb want to create a sim game then the fade and draw should be about the swing plane because you are hitting the ball with an open or closed clubface irl, not the tempo of the swing.
At least before the dec patch this corrupt swing system at least was manageable. Bring back the tgc2 swing system. You can hit masters clubs all day long with that one.

I agree that the TGC2 system was far superior.
This is so broken it's not funny, and HB do not respond to bug reports about it either.
I think it is utter madness that someone hitting perfect/slow off the tee hits the ball further than me on perfect/perfect, both shots ruler straight. Off the tee you could argue power fade - if that was set up in shot shaping - but never, ever on chips, pitches & flops - who hits power fade off a freaking chip shot?
Playing in any tournament now is a matter of luck, not any skill - the difference between slow - perfect - fast is negligible too.
It has turned into arcade golf.

Andrew Hobson

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2019, 06:41:59 PM »

I agree that the TGC2 system was far superior.
This is so broken it's not funny, and HB do not respond to bug reports about it either.
I think it is utter madness that someone hitting perfect/slow off the tee hits the ball further than me on perfect/perfect, both shots ruler straight. Off the tee you could argue power fade - if that was set up in shot shaping - but never, ever on chips, pitches & flops - who hits power fade off a freaking chip shot?
Playing in any tournament now is a matter of luck, not any skill - the difference between slow - perfect - fast is negligible too.
It has turned into arcade golf.

Hear, hear.

Yet in those mortal words of hb " nothing wrong with the game".

neilwilkes

« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2019, 11:27:22 AM »
I hear you - but there is a serious design flaw here.
Slow downswing should not cause a slice and should absolutely not out-drive a perfect-perfect drive.
Neither should a fast downswing cause a hook.
Does not happen in the real world - it is all about clubface.
But of course we have no way to control that - the shot setup is supposed to set draw & fade I thought, otherwise what is the point of it?

space-cash