Latest Tunings make zero sense to me - many problems

• 37 Replies

Lancers

« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2019, 02:32:28 PM »
The swing path from 2 and tempo from this game could work if combined properly. Path equals direction which should include intentional draws and fades. Tempo should regulate distance. Slow is short and fast is long. The current setup only makes sense in an arcade video golf world. They ain't far off but changes need to be made.

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2019, 03:17:08 PM »
I hear you - but there is a serious design flaw here.
Slow downswing should not cause a slice and should absolutely not out-drive a perfect-perfect drive.
Neither should a fast downswing cause a hook.
Does not happen in the real world - it is all about clubface.
But of course we have no way to control that - the shot setup is supposed to set draw & fade I thought, otherwise what is the point of it?

Correction - its all about face to path...

neilwilkes

« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2019, 04:53:09 AM »
Slow downswing should not cause a slice and should absolutely not out-drive a perfect-perfect drive.
But of course we have no way to control that - the shot setup is supposed to set draw & fade I thought, otherwise what is the point of it?

Correction appreciated.
It is still utterly insane though. Again, yesterday I was playing in a private game with a friend and time after time this kept coming up. I hit perfect/perfect in a straight line, my friend hits perfect/slow and out drives me by as much as 15 yards.
Madness.

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2019, 10:14:12 AM »

Correction appreciated.
It is still utterly insane though. Again, yesterday I was playing in a private game with a friend and time after time this kept coming up. I hit perfect/perfect in a straight line, my friend hits perfect/slow and out drives me by as much as 15 yards.
Madness.

Fully agree, as a game mechanic it is a bit backwards.

The Fast makes more sense as it can produce a sling draw that should travel a bit further. It was good as it was when they released the game, then it has gone backwards.

neilwilkes

« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2019, 08:44:05 AM »

Correction appreciated.
Madness.

Fully agree, as a game mechanic it is a bit backwards.

The Fast makes more sense as it can produce a sling draw that should travel a bit further. It was good as it was when they released the game, then it has gone backwards.

I agree with you - every patch has made the gameplay worse, not better.
This is the stupidest of all though, with the insane so-called power fade.
Who ever heard of a power fade on a pitch, chip, flop or a short iron?
And perfect/slow going way further than perfect/perfect is just daft.

Thou Shalt Not Criticize HB" though.

neilwilkes

« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2019, 10:58:41 AM »
And bitten yet again, ruining a perfectly good round when a flop shot was slightly on the slow side, and with a gap wedge (carry 36 yards flat lies etc) went 50 yards and almost 45 degrees to the right, leaving me in no-mans land with a double wrecking everything.
This from a slightly slow downswing that should - if anything - have gone less distance & certainly not wildly right at 50 yards.

I know I keep complaining, but the game is so close - yet so far away at the same time.

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2019, 06:54:55 AM »
Let’s use Augusta 12th as an example of how they made the swing mechanics worse.

That green is not only shallow, it’s also on an insidious angle with left side closer to the tee than the right side. Why did MacKenzie and Jones build it like that? - Because it is age old golf knowledge, and known by anyone with any sort of right handed golf swing, that balls going right of target also usually travels shorter and vice versa. A number of impact factors conspire to make it so.

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2019, 05:16:25 AM »
Yup it's flawed. Before the last patch the swing made more sense as far as results from tempo. Perfect slow was a cut or you could do fast slow with some loft and do a high cut.  Fast fast produced a pretty power draw with a nice risk reward to it . Now it's all been nerfed but they decided to make a slow downswing be a power fade to make up for the fact that you can't manually fade the ball and get extra yards. Which a lot of pros do .

I've said a hundred times but swing path should be independent of tempo. If you wanted to swing out to in 5 to 11 with a perfect perfect tempo it should produce a fade. If you wanted a power fade it should be 5 to 11 perfect fast or ff. Tempo should also increase spin. If you hit a fast fast LW from the fairway onto the green it should spin way more on the green.   As of now I can spin the ball more with my wedges than on the game.

Imop the whole swing needs to be redone with the emphasis on total control with swing plane then tempo either enhaces your shot or has a negative impact on it.

Who knows what they will do. They don't talk or communicate much anymore. It is what it is though. This is all we got for a our golf fix 😁

I agree completely with this analysis then add an overseeing area and for god sakes,  don't nerf any of the tempo or cone challenge away.  Actually you need another club set with a bit smaller tempo window as an option.
Created RCR Courses: 
Links at Lighthouse Sound
nicknamed "The Pebble Beach of the East"

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

War Admiral at GlenRiddle
2017 top 40 places to play in Maryland

Legends- Moorland Course
#37 Toughest Course in U.S.- Golf Digest
Americas top courses '03 & '09

space-cash