Still need the following functionality, please HB. IMPORTANT!

• 8 Replies

neilwilkes

« on: January 29, 2019, 08:00:44 AM »
Sorry to be grumbling yet again but the only reason I grump so much is because I care, and because this has such serious potential.
We really do need the following additions though, and I will justify each one. These are in no particular order, as I feel they are all equally important. I would welcomme anyone else chipping in here (pun totally intentional) so am leaving gaps to do this.

So without further ado, #1 - A Proper Bunker Shot option please.
Simply having to use chip, pitch or flop from greenside bunkers is crap. What is needed to my mind is a dedicated Bunker Shot option, where I choose not only the loft of the club but where the ball is in my stance, and how much sand I want to take - this is particularly important. Please. Now, if not sooner.

#2. Adjustable placement for tee shots.
Desperately important. Most golfists I know would never automatically place their tee right in the middle, and when half the tee box is blocked out by overhanging trees (this is common) I want the option to move my tee. Also important depending on wind direction with a hole going in either direction - adjusting tee box position really helps.

#3 - Position Ball in Stance more forward or further back.
I cannot understand why this is not in the game. It just should be. The loft box is not the same thing, if I am understanding it correctly. Or does not seem to be anyway.

#4 - Adjust face of club more open/closed.
Again, a simple enough thing.

#5 - A Lobby for online matchmaking please.
Putting everyone on the same tee is a start, but still not good enough. I want to know what I am getting into in advance, as I simply do not like getting dumped into a 9-hole cheeser setup.

Martbloke

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 12:46:11 PM »
+1 on all the above :D

mebby

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2019, 12:49:41 PM »
The greenside bunker shot that's in the game is perfectly fine IMHO.  I wouldn't change the execution or the physics.  I think it simply needs to be renamed to Bunker Shot or Blast Shot or something.  If you select chip or flop or anything else it needs to be next to impossible to execute.
Steam Name - Turnerm05
Xbox Live - Turnerm05

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2019, 01:58:33 PM »
Chipping out of bunkers as s go to option is really silly.

neilwilkes

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2019, 09:55:02 AM »

So is a flop shot!
I want to be able to decide how much sand I take.

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2019, 11:23:40 AM »

So is a flop shot!

Nah, flops and green side bunker shots are very close in terms of mechanics. Pretty much only strike point that is different.

mebby

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2019, 09:57:53 PM »

So is a flop shot!

Just curious.  Can you explain in detail what changes you'd like to see for greenside bunker shots?
Steam Name - Turnerm05
Xbox Live - Turnerm05

neilwilkes

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2019, 05:34:35 AM »

So is a flop shot!

Nah, flops and green side bunker shots are very close in terms of mechanics. Pretty much only strike point that is different.

Exactly!
The Strike Point is indeed different. This is what I would like to see changed - this mechanic was in a PS3 version of one of the EA TW series so it should be possible for the Unity engine to handle this.

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2019, 08:42:27 PM »

So is a flop shot!

Exactly!
The Strike Point is indeed different. This is what I would like to see changed - this mechanic was in a PS3 version of one of the EA TW series so it should be possible for the Unity engine to handle this.

Has nothing to do with the game engine - just design choices from the developers.

space-cash