Payment to design simulator courses, anyone?

• 8 Replies

72solstice

« on: February 07, 2019, 01:04:21 AM »
Looking to usher in the talented creators I've seen, to commission =( pay) for some Simulator friendly =(widened fairways, easier approaches, distances 5900-6900)

We can't use these beautiful courses, you're ob or in trees whole time when  using golf clubs.

@ Valley Shrew | XJ Jagman
 Any help?!?

friendBOMBER

• GroupMember
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 11:51:29 AM »
I have built some courses for protee users. PM me and let me know what you are interested in making.
Check out all my course's, listed in the OP of my "friendBOMBER's course catalog" thread in TGC2019 completed courses:

http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.php?topic=29412.msg351275#msg351275

Follow me on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/friendBOMBER1

MRose

• I like you Betty.
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2019, 07:30:26 PM »
I have sent one as well.
Salt Creek Club • Maple Glen • El Vinedo • Casa Verde • Pinelands • Diamond Creek Reservoir • The Snack Nine • Macedon Ranges • Canyon Trail • Parkland Municipal • Monterey Highlands • Black Spruce

Colinmafia

• Maker of Enjoyable Easy to play RCR look-a-likies
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2019, 04:51:12 AM »
All mine are player friendly and free of charge try Dundonald Links Ayrshire

Han

• GroupMember
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2019, 03:33:27 PM »
If you are interested in playing an RCR (Real Course Recreation) then both my versions of The Belfry Brabazon have the three sets of tees the same as the actual course which play at 6497, 6938 and 7322 respectively. I know those yardages aren't quite as short as you requested but in terms of fairway width etc it should be fine seeing as it's a real course to be begin with  :)

If you are interested in playing it then the names of both versions can be seen in my sig below, the only difference between the two is the "The Belfry - Brabazon RC" is the "Ryder Cup" version which has all the grandstands and crowds etc but please be aware that even though the stands will all be there (albeit empty) whatever type of round you play, the crowds will only show up if it is set up as a society event and unless you are going to do that I would recommend playing the "The Belfry - The Brabazon" version as personally I think that without all the crowds being there the RC version just looks a bit odd with all the stands being empty (however if you do set it up as an event playing up the 9th and 18th holes with the greens surrounded by crowds of people does look pretty cool I have to say  :D )

The Belfry - The Brabazon view from 18th fairway

The same view on The Belfry - Brabazon RC

I also have a couple of other courses coming soon that will play shorter from the front tees (more like the shorter yardage you wanted) but they aren't ready just yet
TGC 2019 Courses :
Real Club Valderrama
The Belfry - The Brabazon
The Belfry - Brabazon RC
Valle de los Reyes (Ballesteros) - with Scarpacci
TGC1/TGC2 Courses created :
Oakmere Golf Club
Rivington Hall Golf Club
Dunholme Manor Golf & CC
Douro Valley Par 3
Douro Valley Resort
Herons' Reach Golf Links

72solstice

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2019, 08:31:15 AM »
If you are interested in playing an RCR (Real Course Recreation) then both my versions of The Belfry Brabazon have the three sets of tees the same as the actual course which play at 6497, 6938 and 7322 respectively. I know those yardages aren't quite as short as you requested but in terms of fairway width etc it should be fine seeing as it's a real course to be begin with  :)

If you are interested in playing it then the names of both versions can be seen in my sig below, the only difference between the two is the "The Belfry - Brabazon RC" is the "Ryder Cup" version which has all the grandstands and crowds etc but please be aware that even though the stands will all be there (albeit empty) whatever type of round you play, the crowds will only show up if it is set up as a society event and unless you are going to do that I would recommend playing the "The Belfry - The Brabazon" version as personally I think that without all the crowds being there the RC version just looks a bit odd with all the stands being empty (however if you do set it up as an event playing up the 9th and 18th holes with the greens surrounded by crowds of people does look pretty cool I have to say  :D )

The Belfry - The Brabazon view from 18th fairway

The same view on The Belfry - Brabazon RC

I also have a couple of other courses coming soon that will play shorter from the front tees (more like the shorter yardage you wanted) but they aren't ready just yet
Sorry I missed this.  I liked the Brabazon in TGC1. Let me check these out.

72solstice

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2019, 08:33:00 AM »
All mine are player friendly and free of charge try Dundonald Links Ayrshire

Will check out that course above, sorry I missed it. 

Ariel Atom

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2019, 12:47:41 PM »
Consider trying some of the easier LiDAR courses out there. Musket Ridge, Lookaway, etc. are good choices and most of them have the IRL yardage options, so you're not stuck playing a 7000+yd course with 30yds between OB left and OB right. I have played Musket IRL, it has a couple tight-ish tee shots but if you pick tees that aren't pushing it for you distance-wise you can hit less than driver on most of those holes.

Lookaway has really wide fairways by video game standards (it was more of a 'second shot course' iirc).

I recently punished an unfinished beta for Engineers Country Club: Engineers CC Beta (L), the fairways I actually made a little bit too wide (by 1-2yds) and many of those tricky mid length par 4s are short enough for less than driver. Since it is unfinished it's not 'perfect' yet but it's worth a go. Just don't set the green speed above Moderate if you want to avoid cursing at the screen, I'd recommend you stick with the default speed. It's a pretty punitive course on a lot of the approach shots (and the beta doesn't have OB yet) but that's in exchange for holes that play <375yds from the back tees. The Black tees probably work best for average driving distance of 250-275, Blue for 230-250, and White for 210-230 or something like that.

I have some more courses coming relatively soon that could work well for sim users, and I also thought about making Chester Valley (originally a Perry Maxwell course not too far from Philadelphia) which would be a tad short for typical video game play but great for simulator.

TL:DR A lot of the RCRs out there are simulator-viable, just pick a tee set that matches your club distances well to get a full spectrum of shot variety and approach distances into greens.

slick60

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2019, 05:47:37 PM »
Looking to usher in the talented creators I've seen, to commission =( pay) for some Simulator friendly =(widened fairways, easier approaches, distances 5900-6900)

We can't use these beautiful courses, you're ob or in trees whole time when  using golf clubs.

@ Valley Shrew | XJ Jagman
 Any help?!?
72Solstice - interesting your request. says my sentiments while trying to hit the Pro clubs. My first course I made was my home course and is an RCR  as straight forward as it gets with wide fairways and easy putting greens. For what is being designed these days the greens are huge. My course has reasonable sized greens and are like they exist. Actual blue marker yardage is the true yardage on the course 6,212 yards. For the PS4 and ease of playing the game I added a 4th set of tees 10% longer than the blues and yardage is 7,015 yards. Played it yesterday and still enjoy it a bunch. I have tried to let people know that if they are trying to switch up to the longer clubs then give this course a go. At least you can stay in play. Deerhurst is another RCR course with wide fairways.

slick60
Courses:
Devil's Pulpit RCR
Deerhurst Highlands GCRCR
Wardsville Falls G.C.
The Links of Beckon Ridge
Wardsville Golf Club
Wardsvile's Theodore 9 hole

space-cash