Drops from OOB are badly broken - Drop Zones required

• 5 Replies

neilwilkes

« on: February 08, 2019, 05:51:07 AM »
This is something that desperately needs fixing, and in future I will write down all examples I come across to help in this one.
I am getting really bored with the drop location choices that the system sometimes makes - happened yesterday in a custom match (my playing partner will remember the course) and I got a bad bounce approaching a green (foolish pin to attack but hey, that's a different story) and ended up wet.
My drop zone was 110 yards away in a cart path on the opposite side of the lake. Say WHAT?

On greens like this, can we start to see the inclusion of Drop Zones, maybe - or at least have the available line in the same general hole?
As I say this is a little vague right now but I will start to take notes and also posting now in the hope this is not just happening to me & that others will jump in (for what it seems to be worth these days, as I never seem to get any response at all from bug reports these days)

speakingstones

• Paint the sun green
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2019, 12:31:32 PM »
I would love to see drop zones. Even something simple that you can alternate through drop zones no closer to the hole etc when you hit the water. Making courses that are unique is tricky to get a fair drop zone.

Also the new golf rules now only have penalty areas, if you could just make anywhere a penalty area not just water that would make it a lot easier to make cool courses.

cheers
*Enjoy my designs*

TGC2019:
SS's - Volcanic Cliffs           (Adrenaline Rush Golf)     
SS's - Dystopian (Tour)       (Bladerunner inspired)
SS's - Drifting Rock Ranch   (Popular Design)
C64 - Leaderboard Golf #1  (Classic 80s remake)
SS's - Volcanic Skye /9\     

PS4: SpeakingStones

ChadGolf

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2019, 10:13:36 PM »
+1 to all of this.

Only implementing stroke and distance or on-the-line drops is painful.  From Unplayable lies, to water, the 2 club drop as well as drop zones would be welcome editions.  I know this is MUCH more difficult to implement than the others, but it hurts the implementation of the rules.

It's especially painful for those using simulators where we are forced over and over to hit that 170 yard water carry.

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2019, 02:30:38 PM »
There is only one place to drop after an OOB - where the previous shot was played from. HB actually got that one right, amazingly enough.

Fully agree that proper options for penalty areas are needed as well as the possibility for designers to define penalty areas.

neilwilkes

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2019, 08:41:54 AM »
There is only one place to drop after an OOB - where the previous shot was played from. HB actually got that one right, amazingly enough.

Fully agree that proper options for penalty areas are needed as well as the possibility for designers to define penalty areas.

On an OOB yes - absolutely.
Not talking about OOB, talking about yet another stupid mechanic in this game.

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2019, 11:09:43 AM »

On an OOB yes - absolutely.
Not talking about OOB, talking about yet another stupid mechanic in this game.

Fully agree on other drops.

space-cash