Course Designer CRAHSING - doing Elevations!

• 2 Replies

slick60

« on: March 13, 2019, 09:01:10 AM »
For anyone who is designing and especially new people working with the course designer BE AWARE that this program on PS4 crashes like crazy while you are sculpting multiple elevations on a course. Especially if you are trying to doing a hilly terrain for an RCR course. I am frustrated to no end with the continual crashing of the software unless I save every 10 to 15 minutes. IS THERE ANYONE out there who knows how to get your work back after the crash warning? I have just lost 45 minutes of sculpting terrain for my course that I have been working on for over two months. Is it my system? Could HB respond please to let me know if there is something I am not doing correctly or anyone else who may be able to offer suggestions. This is one of the finest and poorest pieces of software that I have ever worked with all built into one. An angel of ability and a Devil of disability working against each other. Perhaps the programmers are in two different rooms and they should communicate. I do not know. All I do is foolishly vent my frustrations on this forum to HB and whomever then go about it and do the same work over and over again. I am getting old and don't know if I will live long enough to finish this course.
HELP someone, please.

slick60
Courses:
Deerhurst Highlands GCRCR
Wardsville Golf Club
Wardsvile's Theodore 9 hole
Wardsville Falls G.C.
The Links of Beckon Ridge

Efbomb

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 11:51:59 AM »
For anyone who is designing and especially new people working with the course designer BE AWARE that this program on PS4 crashes like crazy while you are sculpting multiple elevations on a course. Especially if you are trying to doing a hilly terrain for an RCR course. I am frustrated to no end with the continual crashing of the software unless I save every 10 to 15 minutes. IS THERE ANYONE out there who knows how to get your work back after the crash warning? I have just lost 45 minutes of sculpting terrain for my course that I have been working on for over two months. Is it my system? Could HB respond please to let me know if there is something I am not doing correctly or anyone else who may be able to offer suggestions. This is one of the finest and poorest pieces of software that I have ever worked with all built into one. An angel of ability and a Devil of disability working against each other. Perhaps the programmers are in two different rooms and they should communicate. I do not know. All I do is foolishly vent my frustrations on this forum to HB and whomever then go about it and do the same work over and over again. I am getting old and don't know if I will live long enough to finish this course.
HELP someone, please.

slick60

I don’t have any suggestions other than to constantly save your progress, which you already knew.

I’m really just responding to the thread to second the fact the the PS4 crashes multiple times in the designer. Especially when raising or lowering land in large amounts.

You really need to save often during a drastic sculpt.

Also, you should definitely save before you’re about to change or add something.

Is the designer perfect? No. The themes and assets are becoming old and stale, and an upgrade/overhaul should be considered for future games, but it’s all we’ve got for now.

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2019, 07:16:29 PM »
I totally gave up designing on the PS4 because of this.....  PC is much more stable.... but you still need to save periodically.  I usually do all of the major elevation stuff in the beginning of a design.
Little tweaks here and there later on to avoid this.  Don’t let it get you too down.... it happens to all of us.

space-cash