Course plays not updating.

• 7 Replies

Andrew Hobson

« on: March 17, 2019, 01:08:37 PM »
Why aren't the course plays updating?
I have courses with over 300 plays yet the plays counter only says a lot less plays. I have friends on Xbox with the same issue.
Enough is enough hb, fix this god damn game. Bet you won't though, you'll just ban me instead.

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2019, 02:37:34 PM »
2014 this post from me... (and many since in next 2 games)

http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.php/topic,7699.msg79434.html#msg79434

Only thing if i was you i would name some of the courses here not updating (gamertag/system),and just hope HB see this (they read every post) and hopefully they might look into it or reset the server...One of mine changed last week thought it might have been fixed for everybody.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 02:45:58 PM by Yeltzman »

Andrew Hobson

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019, 08:54:02 PM »
2014 this post from me... (and many since in next 2 games)

http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.php/topic,7699.msg79434.html#msg79434

Only thing if i was you i would name some of the courses here not updating (gamertag/system),and just hope HB see this (they read every post) and hopefully they might look into it or reset the server...One of mine changed last week thought it might have been fixed for everybody.
I have Moat Lakes Golf Course for one. It has over 350 plays yet the plays counter says 62, and it has been used in several societies on Xbox.
I have a good friend, Demonondalinks who also has the same problem.

Yeltzman

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2019, 08:11:56 AM »
Hope HB get's it sorted for you,only real shame for you the HCP rated courses get ranked by release date,so if it does update be lost in the HCP rated courses section.

savagegolf70

• PS4: "WRETCHED6170" - KFG Tour on FB and PS4 Comm.
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2019, 01:13:58 PM »
It seems to me after the 2nd update they had, that's when all the numbers stopped for any courses you had published before then. I have like 20-30 between the 2 of my accounts that I brought over from TGC 2. At least 5 of them should be in HCP mode by now with the likes of Hog's Breath, Red Rose and other societies having a good many members. Tanelorn and Waterscape were doing good until that 2nd update and then I made the Trinitarian Par 3 +1 and recently Eagles Pass, low and behold those numbers working despite Trinitarian is low in numbers, it's not a cup of tea for beginners clubs players, so obviously it's not going to get the plays (I didn't care either lol - it was made for the challenge).

All that aside, whatever they did on that 2nd update is what screwed all those courses up that were published before it. The ones published now seem to work as far as play numbers - I would assume it's not recognizing some string of code because the courses have "old" code and they tweaked with adding stuff to the object library as well - so not sure if stuff is conflicting all around, I'm not a guru in this field lol - it is frustrating for us designers though - I don't care what caliber designer you are as I know I just like to do it, I'm not a Picasso at it but making playable, enjoyable courses nonetheless and having this glitch really sucks.
New TGC 2019 Releases:

Chichester Expanse
Serenade Valley GCC
Paladin Reef GC
Solaris Trace Golf Club
Windermere Cove
Saxonvale Pointe (3)
TSO's Wizards of Winter
Waterscape Lodge & CC
Tanelorn
Trinitarian (Par 3 + 1)
Eagles Pass Country Club
Scarlet Island GC
The Glen @ Rochelle Arbor

Bro-Grim

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2019, 11:49:21 PM »
I doubt this will ever get fixed. I've got a bunch of friends whose course totals won't update. Even when they just published them in the last few weeks. We've come up with theories as to why (such as the course name being too long), so I guess we'll see.
2019 Courses:
Citi Links @ Indianola Reserve

speakingstones

• Paint the sun green
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2019, 07:10:27 PM »
I complained about 2 courses I have that didnt update after update2 even though societies had played them, nothing changed for about a month and then bang. The counts are now updating again this week.
I hope they fixed a server issue to sort it.
*Enjoy my designs*

TGC2019:
C64 - Leaderboard Golf #1  (Classic 80s remake)
SS's - Dystopian Valley       (Bladerunner inspired)
SS's - Dystopian (Tour)
SS's - Drifting Rock Ranch   (Popular Design)

PS4: SpeakingStones

Yeltzman

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2019, 03:01:29 PM »
Last of the bug's cleared up now then...... :) ;D ;D

Glad it's been sorted for you,i know its a little thing to many,but its good for it to work.

space-cash