Flop shot

• 2 Replies

UrsusArctos

• Golf-Teacher EGTF
    • GrizzlyGolfAcademy
« on: May 31, 2014, 09:43:05 AM »
"Definition: A flop shot, also known as a lob shot, is a short pitch shot played with a very high-lofted wedge in order to create maximum height on the ball's trajectory. The intention is to send the golf ball on a high-arcing trajectory, steeply up and steeply down, so that when it lands on the green it stops quickly, with very little roll." Brent Kelly

"Der FLob ist ein kurzer Schlag mit extrem steiler Flugkurve. Der Ball soll nach der Landung sofort liegen bleiben, anstatt wie beim Pitch noch ein wenig zu rollen." wikipedia Translation: "The FLOB shot is a short shot with extremly high trajoctory. After landing the ball should immediately come to a rest, instead like after a pitch still have a little roll."

Question: How comes that using a flob-shot with a lob wedge the ball flyies about half as high as when using a normal shot with the same lobwedge for the same distance? is there still something bugged with up-/delofting clubs?
In general i have the impression up-/delofting is a bit overdone in the game. I konw rarely any player who manages to handle more then +/- maybe 15° of loft.
Chris
Steam: UrsinaArctica
Courses released: some ....

AdamV HB

• GroupMember
  • Physics / Camera Engineer
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 10:44:52 AM »
Our flop shot preset is not a full swing.  The purpose of it is to make shots around the green like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5ophbTUY7s.  It gets up and down real steep, real quick. and lands softly.

Adding loft to the normal setting and a full swing would be used to achieve a shot like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GA2-DEEkU9M.

I'd also like to point out that with the normal preset, any shot type in the game is achievable using the shot shaper and varying swing speeds.  Although trying to chip this way would be extremely difficult haha.

UrsusArctos

• Golf-Teacher EGTF
    • GrizzlyGolfAcademy
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 02:49:00 PM »
I realised that its not a full shot. But still in my opinion its going to low.

But what i realy would love is to be abple to preset my shots for myself (discussed allready in another thread). Guess you also saw the proposal for golfball and clubhead for shot adjustement  :)
Chris
Steam: UrsinaArctica
Courses released: some ....

space-cash