Match Plan and Skins Mashup

• 1 Replies

Kelson

« on: March 22, 2019, 02:10:18 AM »
I was playing a guy in a skins game a couple of days ago and something strange happened.

We were neck and neck for the first few holes. Then he won 5 skins when he made a really great shot from about 50 yards out. The next two holes were carried over, then he won the 8th hole. Here is where it got strange.

After he holed out on the 8th hole, I clicked to proceed, but the between-hole clock went to zero and he had not clicked yet. It didn't automatically go to the next hole, it just sat there. After a couple of minutes I messaged the guy and asked him if he was frozen on his screen. He said yes. So we chatted a bit while we waited for the game to engage, but it never did.

Finally, I told him that I was just going to close out the game to see if he could proceed. He agreed, so I shut down the game. He informed that it worked, and he was now on the next hole. I told him that I was happy, because he deserved the skins he won.

He replied, "Skins? We are playing Match Play".

I am 100% sure we were playing skins, because his accumulated skins on the scorecard was a constant reminder of how badly he was smoking me! Ultimately, however, he was in Match play. So when he won the 8th hole . . on his end he had won the game . . . but on my end I was trying to advance to the 9th hole because I was in skins, but it would not let him because HIS game was over.

In short, the game placed a Match Play gamer vs a Skins game gamer. I never saw that happen before.
Designer Status: Unpublished
Reason: A Horse is a Horse of Course, of Course Course is not a valid name.

moneyman273

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2019, 11:56:16 AM »
They won't even address ghost balls left on the green or having to hit off a ball dug halfway into the ground instead of a tee....a bug submitted in December and occurring on Alt Shot matches.  I hope you get your answer though.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

space-cash