Real Club Valderrama (Lidar)

• 116 Replies

Vital Spark

« Reply #105 on: June 07, 2020, 08:03:30 AM »
I think i am the only tgc 2019 player which goes in area's which should be Out of bounds,Got to say not my style of course i enjoy with small greens and small landing area's but that water feature the side of the 4th hole one of the best things i have seen in TGC 2019. Also the game at the moment playing awful for me with tempo not sure what as changed but really not enjoying the game.
I’m going to purchase a new wired controller today, as I’m also struggling even starting my back swing, never mind keeping the ball straight! I’ve tried everything else and if this doesn’t work, then it’s ‘adios’ for me regarding the TGC games.

Haven’t tried the Valderrama course yet but looking forward to playing, hopefully with a swing that works.

I was a little concerned about the lighting in the beta version, but hopefully the full version has been improved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 08:10:11 AM by Vital Spark »

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #106 on: June 07, 2020, 08:11:25 AM »
Interesting you mention a controller its the only game TGC where my controller moves the menu's without touching it,When i have the odd game of Rainbow six vegas.or F1 2019 or anything else nothing moves,At times i think its my controller but to me its something to do with the game or the server.

Vital Spark

« Reply #107 on: June 07, 2020, 08:24:47 AM »
« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 08:38:57 AM by Vital Spark »

Lions67

« Reply #108 on: June 07, 2020, 09:55:37 PM »
Fantastic course Hans!!!
Def worth the wait. Just beautiful.
I though the Belfry was tough..lol
This is something else!
Thank you very much for this.

Vital Spark

« Reply #109 on: December 27, 2020, 07:49:29 PM »
Any news on this and Belfry yet?

Han

• GroupMember
« Reply #110 on: December 27, 2020, 08:50:29 PM »

Valderrama is currently on hold until I hear back from the HB devs about the 3D grass texture issue. I spoke to Keith about it a few days ago but he hasn't heard anything back from them yet and currently they aren't working with it being the xmas holidays.
I have done some changes on it already but for now I don't want to spend any more time on updating it further until I know if the grass issue can be resolved / fixed etc. If it can't it will be a real shame because the 3D grass (especially the dark green heavy rough) is just perfect for the course and makes it look so much better, but anyway we shall have to wait and see.

The Belfry is what I am currently working on instead. I have started to change many of the trees and other planting etc so they are more accurate to the real ones. Because of the extra distance we can now hit in game I have also added some optional (fictional) back tees on certain holes so that some of the hazards are more in play off the tee.....my thinking being that they should play more like they were originally designed to.

What I am currently attempting to do right now is trying to get the 10th hole green area better than it was before, mainly in terms of adjusting the heights of the retaining wall(s) etc to either get rid of or at worst smooth out the jagged bit there is down the back left edge of the green itself. Unfortunately it is turning into a much bigger job than I originally thought it would and to be honest I am tempted to just not bother at all. Luckily I made a backup copy of the file before I started so I can revert back to that if required.

I'm also playing around with the green speed / firmness to see what plays best with the changes that have been made to those settings from 2019. I have a couple of other designers / players helping me out with playtesting that to try and find the correct "sweet spot", but as was expected some holes play better than others on the same settings so atm it's just a case of finding a nice balanced default that works for the majority of holes whilst trying to retain how they play on the real course.   

I've been meaning to post some WIP pics of things I have changed but I've been busy with xmas etc over the last week that I haven't had time, so I'll try and do that over the next couple of days maybe
« Last Edit: December 27, 2020, 09:15:34 PM by Han »
TGC 2019 Courses :
Real Club Valderrama
The Belfry - The Brabazon
The Belfry - Brabazon RC
Valle de los Reyes (Ballesteros) - with Scarpacci
TGC1/TGC2 Courses created :
Oakmere Golf Club
Rivington Hall Golf Club
Dunholme Manor Golf & CC
Douro Valley Par 3
Douro Valley Resort
Herons' Reach Golf Links

Vital Spark

« Reply #111 on: December 28, 2020, 05:52:41 AM »

Valderrama is currently on hold until I hear back from the HB devs about the 3D grass texture issue. I spoke to Keith about it a few days ago but he hasn't heard anything back from them yet and currently they aren't working with it being the xmas holidays.
I have done some changes on it already but for now I don't want to spend any more time on updating it further until I know if the grass issue can be resolved / fixed etc. If it can't it will be a real shame because the 3D grass (especially the dark green heavy rough) is just perfect for the course and makes it look so much better, but anyway we shall have to wait and see.

The Belfry is what I am currently working on instead. I have started to change many of the trees and other planting etc so they are more accurate to the real ones. Because of the extra distance we can now hit in game I have also added some optional (fictional) back tees on certain holes so that some of the hazards are more in play off the tee.....my thinking being that they should play more like they were originally designed to.

What I am currently attempting to do right now is trying to get the 10th hole green area better than it was before, mainly in terms of adjusting the heights of the retaining wall(s) etc to either get rid of or at worst smooth out the jagged bit there is down the back left edge of the green itself. Unfortunately it is turning into a much bigger job than I originally thought it would and to be honest I am tempted to just not bother at all. Luckily I made a backup copy of the file before I started so I can revert back to that if required.

I'm also playing around with the green speed / firmness to see what plays best with the changes that have been made to those settings from 2019. I have a couple of other designers / players helping me out with playtesting that to try and find the correct "sweet spot", but as was expected some holes play better than others on the same settings so atm it's just a case of finding a nice balanced default that works for the majority of holes whilst trying to retain how they play on the real course.   

I've been meaning to post some WIP pics of things I have changed but I've been busy with xmas etc over the last week that I haven't had time, so I'll try and do that over the next couple of days maybe
Thanks for the update.

Han

• GroupMember
« Reply #112 on: December 28, 2020, 04:40:10 PM »
One thing I forgot to mention about the new tees I am trying out for all the RCR "purists" who want to play a course as it would in real life (myself being one of them) - I didn't particularly want to change the way the holes play by doing anything major like creating new angles and adding an extra 50 yds etc. so none of the extra tees are significantly different than the real back tees. Most are only approx. 10-15 yds further back on the same line or at most < 5yds to the side of it just so some of the hazards off the tee are more in play. On certain holes (#4 for example) the 2 fairway bunkers can be easily flown even with the shortest driver off the back tee, so just adding that extra 15 yds makes it play more like it would have done when it was originally designed and just makes you consider your drive a bit more when stood on the tee rather than just booming a driver straight over them without a second thought.
TGC 2019 Courses :
Real Club Valderrama
The Belfry - Brabazon RC
Oakmere Golf Club
Rivington Hall Golf Club
Dunholme Manor Golf & CC
Douro Valley Par 3
Douro Valley Resort
Herons' Reach Golf Links

Yeltzman

« Reply #113 on: December 29, 2020, 07:51:15 AM »
With a few of the local Lidar's in the north west i added a few tees just for a few of the bunkers to come into play,Still kept the course and Tees how they are,its just i think a great addition to make the course play better in 2k21.Saying that i thought valderrama was tough enough already for me in tgc 2019.look forward to trying in 2k21.

Han

• GroupMember
« Reply #114 on: December 30, 2020, 03:10:28 PM »
With a few of the local Lidar's in the north west i added a few tees just for a few of the bunkers to come into play,Still kept the course and Tees how they are,its just i think a great addition to make the course play better in 2k21.Saying that i thought valderrama was tough enough already for me in tgc 2019.look forward to trying in 2k21.

The new tees are on The Belfry, and yes I agree Valderrama certainly doesn't need making any tougher  ;D
TGC 2019 Courses :
Real Club Valderrama
The Belfry - Brabazon RC
Oakmere Golf Club
Rivington Hall Golf Club
Dunholme Manor Golf & CC
Douro Valley Par 3
Douro Valley Resort
Herons' Reach Golf Links

Yeltzman

« Reply #115 on: December 30, 2020, 03:24:21 PM »
The British Masters is at the Belfry in 2021 will be interesting if they have made any course changes for the event.

Vital Spark

« Reply #116 on: January 01, 2021, 07:44:40 AM »
The British Masters is at the Belfry in 2021 will be interesting if they have made any course changes for the event.
Hopefully we’ll be in a position to actually go and watch some live golf.

space-cash