Matchplay scoring is all screwed up

• 2 Replies

neilwilkes

« on: March 29, 2019, 12:06:11 PM »
This is nasty, as it completely ruins handicaps.
Just played a matchplay round against a transatlantic friend.
I won, (6 & 4) but the shocker was his handicap was utterly ruined because of the following:
Every time I won a hole and he had a tap-in for par it scored this as a bogey.
Every time I won a hole & he carded a bogey, it scored triple.
This is utter nonsense and seems very broken to me.
It has certainly put me right off matchplay.

moneyman273

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2019, 12:14:29 PM »
I'm sure administration and developers at HB will be in touch soon.  Unfortunately, I submitted numerous bug reports in December (ghost balls in private alt shot, hitting off of a half buried golf ball instead of a tee, etc) and I'm not sure if they were ever even noticed. (I bump the bug report thread once in a while) I do wish you the best of luck in getting your answer as I'm still patiently waiting for a response to my issues and hope they'll be fixed in a future patch. 

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

neilwilkes

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2019, 12:35:02 PM »
I know what you mean about Private Alt Shot - saw that for the first time yesterday in a 4-way match.
Most disconcerting, as it looks like something is terribly wrong and takes quite a bit of getting used to - especially on the greens.

The ones that still really "bug" me are the broken chipping mechanic, the broken part swing mechanic (where it is impossible to get anything apart from a fast backswing) and the stupid "power fade" mechanic where perfect/slow goes much further than perfect/perfect (by over 10 yards off the tee) and the way a slow downswing pushes the ball way right as opposed to what it should do - go less distance. I have shown this to several golfers and they all agree it is just wrong.

Today I had a doozie though - flop shot, delofted. Went over the hill, onto the downslope, then span back up the freaking hill where on a different hole it checked up after one bounce & stopped dead on a yellow downslope!!
If I screw up a shot I can live with it, but a broken mechanic that HB refuse to even acknowledge just annoys me.

space-cash