Arboreal Ponds Golf Club nearly ready to publish

• 4 Replies

Sandsaver

• If I had anything better to do I would be doing it
« on: April 01, 2019, 09:50:17 AM »
I am a relative newby to TGC 2019, but I spent years using the Course Architect in Tiger Woods 08.  I mainly did RCRs for PGAX (changed to CGAX after the PGA issued a cease and desist order), but I also did some "fantasy" courses for fun.  I was using a computer, with 10 meter DEMs and Google Earth overlays, so it was no where near as accurate as the LIDAR of today.
Long story short, I am now using a PS4 for design and play, so will leave the RCRs to you computer folks with LIDAR.  I find the TGC 2019 Course Designer in general not near as flexible as the Course Architect in TW08, especially with the ability to design your own textures and such, but it is what it is.
After playing  quite a few of the user designed courses (not you guys I am sure) and finding them to be one star or less, I decided to try my hand at a "realistic" but not real course, and have nearly finished Arboreal Ponds Golf Club.  No autogen anything, used the terrain and plantings from the Theme with obvious changes to allow a playable layout, I hope I have designed a course of at least average quality. We shall see if anyone plays it ;D. I may also publish a Tournament version with crowds and stands afterward.
I am happy to try be a part of this community and will probably start on a new course with a more "deserty" theme next.

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2019, 10:38:00 PM »
Did you release this yet?
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming.
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2X Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB m2 RAID level 0
EVGA GTX 1080 SC. Windows 10 64 Bit
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

Sandsaver

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2019, 09:57:32 AM »
Yes Dan, I have published it a few days ago.  I should have waited a while, since after I released it I found some course-building Guidelines over at TCG Tours that I could have used to improve the course, but I will use them in my next effort.

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2019, 12:03:59 PM »
Wouldn’t it really be great if HB allowed us to go back and edit our own courses?  That’s the one thing that has always aggravated me since the Original TGC. 
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming.
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2X Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB m2 RAID level 0
EVGA GTX 1080 SC. Windows 10 64 Bit
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

Sandsaver

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2019, 04:16:19 PM »
I completely agree.  Or if they would allow to delete the ones you wish you had not published.  That way you could copy the published one into the Designer, fix it, then give it the same name.  I may rework and improve Arboreal Ponds, also adding crowds and Tournament doodads and publish it as "Arboreal Ponds GC Tour Ed."

space-cash