Snooker 19:

• 10 Replies

Jimgem

• GroupMember
« on: April 24, 2019, 07:56:08 AM »
My first video for the game' Srry for fist five mins or so commentators vol a bit too loud' will be sorted next vid' and i'l also be bumping it up to pro aiming as this was me just carrying on from whn i first started' i'l be starting a new career' Since Ronnie is a bit tired haha..Hope you enjoy' a bit long but it's the full finl of the six reds world championship Vs Judd Trump..
Pretty good game but i do think it was rushed out to coincide with the world championship' needs a few additions like create you're own character, and certainly a practice/training mode..

https://youtu.be/ODcU4J9AER0
i7 4790k 4.40Ghz
MSI GTX 1080ti
H100i (AIO)
MSI GD65 gaming m-board
16Gb Corsair Vengeance Ram
Corsair Scimitar Mouse
Xbox 360 Controller
Corsair K70 Lux RGB keyboard
Youtube TGC 2019 playlist- https://goo.gl/P2Xdxc

bigtee

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2019, 08:46:05 AM »
Jim what's your opinion on how the game feels. It's hard to gauge if it's a good game or not going by uk xbox store comments. One guy even said he prefers the pure pool snooker dlc.

Jimgem

• GroupMember
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2019, 09:57:07 AM »
I like the game' is it worth £30 Hmm'Cheaper on consoles i believe' if they keep updating and end up adding extras like character creation' which someone in my comment section said it's apparantly being worked on' Could do with a practice/Training mode for me is the biggest thing i would like to see.It has alot of potential and i just keep going back to it' as i realy enjoy the game.

The physics are good for the most part but with some wrong commentary some clipping' lack of anti ailising.If you're not a big snooker fan i'd wait for updates to see where it goes.If you like snooker and snooker games then i'd say yeah it is worth it' for me with a few more updates it's probably the best one iv'e played.Now that sounds like alot of negatives iv'e just said but it is a very enjoyable game.
i7 4790k 4.40Ghz
MSI GTX 1080ti
H100i (AIO)
MSI GD65 gaming m-board
Corsair Scimitar Mouse
Xbox 360 Controller

stan_solo

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2019, 01:09:29 PM »
hey jim   .... play with no aids     ;)

bigtee

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2019, 07:53:13 PM »
Thanks Jim. Hopefully the updates make the game better.

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2019, 12:35:05 PM »
Was going to pick this up until i saw some of the AI shots and then the publisher on the box.....Love snooker might wait till after world championship might find it in the bargain bin.I wonder how many patches this snooker game will get.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 12:40:20 PM by Yeltzman »

ClassAct147

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2019, 01:50:08 PM »
The A.I has improved with a patch since the game was released.  Some good safety battles now.  Yes there are things which still need adjusting but it's on the right road.

Jimgem

• GroupMember
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2019, 08:59:22 PM »
Does need alot but i'm still enjoying it' i think stephen hendry's snooker is out some time this year not seen much about it though' it says on steam published by ripstone though not maximum crappy games...
i7 4790k 4.40Ghz
MSI GTX 1080ti
H100i (AIO)
MSI GD65 gaming m-board
Corsair Scimitar Mouse
Xbox 360 Controller

bigtee

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2019, 12:04:24 PM »
If you like snooker it's worth 30 quid. It plays like a good snooker game. I'm wondering what you guys want patched in/out.

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2019, 01:09:24 PM »
If you like snooker it's worth 30 quid. It plays like a good snooker game. I'm wondering what you guys want patched in/out.

Spoke about this on twitter the other day,It's always been a problem with Snooker games is the AI of the shots.Snooker really all about planning and position of shots to me the AI just make there breaks as they go along.Plus not being able to create a Player to play against Pro's massive mistake and have your own career major Boo-boo.

Trouble with Niche games like snooker and Cricket (maybe Golf these days) Not really enough paying public to make the game a real success.Ashes Cricket 19 at nearly £50 really is just a joke of a price.

bigtee

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2019, 07:23:41 AM »

Spoke about this on twitter the other day,It's always been a problem with Snooker games is the AI of the shots.Snooker really all about planning and position of shots to me the AI just make there breaks as they go along.Plus not being able to create a Player to play against Pro's massive mistake and have your own career major Boo-boo.

Trouble with Niche games like snooker and Cricket (maybe Golf these days) Not really enough paying public to make the game a real success.Ashes Cricket 19 at nearly £50 really is just a joke of a price.

Fair enough, although i'd say if the game had more it would've cost more. After about a week the game had more user reviews in the uk xbox store than tgc2019 did before it became a 'game with gold'. I think it'll do alright sales wise. With the budget they had i'd say they got it right.

space-cash