Welcome to The CGC - Casuals Golf Club

• 204 Replies

Chelsea Saint

« on: May 09, 2019, 02:46:18 PM »
THE CASUALS | ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW

WE NEED MORE DIVISIONS - PLEASE SUPPORT OUR REQUEST!

We're now through 5.9K members on 4, maintaining a rate of 100+ new per week. Huge thanks - big welcome all! Appropriate then to present our updated 'all you need to know' brief - so our many new players know precisely how we operate.

Overview

With a history dating back to the original game in 2014 - we've welcomed over 5,900 members to our PS4 TGC 2019 Society in just 12 months. And are the number one Indie - on any format - in the world! We host two skill based (HCP free/ALL Clubs welcome) tournament divisions (on 4) - with multiple exciting promotions and demotions in every single event. CGE = Casuals Golf Elite - Top 100 Ranked. And UCG = Ultra Casuals Golf - 101 and below ranked. We endeavour to provide a leisurely, sporting and non time constrictive golfing agenda for both the skilled golfer; and the more casual player - all aids on/generally 'friendly' courses/circa 7000 yds tees. This while warmly embracing the lesser skilled and the ever increasing band of TGC novices.

Venue Selection

We pride ourself on our event course selections - and visit some of the most beautiful venues in the game. Our new Course Review Committee rates all new courses - providing us with a rich resource of the very best venues. We've also developed collaborative partnerships with many talented designers, who create custom courses for the CGC.

Season Schedule & Purses

One Season = 12 Weeks. Three Majors per season - THE OPEN in W4 - US OPEN W8 - Plus our season ending and defining Fed Ex Cup modelled Super 12s 'Champion of Champions' Series in week 12. We also host three big Championship events with a midweek qualifier in weeks 2, 6 and 10 - including our popular Super 6 World Series in week 6. Which means we host a thrilling and lucrative 'box office' event every fortnight from week 2, to season end! Prize money is big, often maxed out! With at least 95%, VERY often 100% Purses. And our Bonus Prize Funds (BPF's) are also very generous.

Weekly Format & LOW Fees

Mon-Weds - 2X (CGE & UCG) Challenger Series | 36 Holes 2 Days | Premier Level Course

Weds-Fri - 2X (CGE & UCG) Valiance Tour | 36 Holes 2 Days | PLC

Fri-Mon - 2X (CGE & UCG) The Big Week-Ender | 54 Holes 3 Days | PLC

Initial Club Membership Fee 150. Tournament Entry Fee 250. Big Week-Ender Entry Fee 275. Major Entry Fee 300. Our fees are amongst the lowest out there; and for good reason. Because we want new TGC owners whose coin count will be low, to be able to afford to enter our events.

Casuals Respect

We have a zero tolerance on abusive language on our Clubhouse board. ANY defamatory or derogatory comments about CGC or your fellow members - will result in a life ban. Life's tough enough - we're here to have fun!

Casuals TV

Check out our growing unmonetised YouTube Channel - CASUALS TV | GREAT COURSES - IN AN INSTANT

Thanks for reading. Any q's feel free.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 07:38:05 AM by Chelsea Saint »

SANCHEZCFC

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2019, 09:57:57 AM »
I will be in you know that.. Great news.

lastchancehombre

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2019, 12:03:13 PM »
Nice to see your well run structure expanding Chelsea. I haven't been involved in Societies of late with aides on but may have to take a spin with this one. I assume this will be a 'cross platform' venture? Leaderboards hosted somewhere on the net?

Either way, all the luck for a successful launch!
Xbox live g/t LasChanceHombre

TGC 2019 releases

Woodley Island Golf Club
The Dunes Course at Stone Lagoon
Nai Palm Hot Springs

TGC2 releases

Nai Palm Hot Springs
Vaquero Valley GC Tour Edition

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2019, 02:08:23 PM »
I will be in you know that.. Great news.

Well that's two of us! ;D Yeah, thought of you when I was conjuring this thing up. Cool to have you back dude - and bring your buds.

Nice to see your well run structure expanding Chelsea. I haven't been involved in Societies of late with aides on but may have to take a spin with this one. I assume this will be a 'cross platform' venture? Leaderboards hosted somewhere on the net?

Either way, all the luck for a successful launch!

Hey mate. Be nice to have another fine designer aboard. Likin' Woodley btw, on our to do. Nah, no cross platform or external sites. Not the time nor inclination. Plus I prefer to keep this Casuals thing very simple and uncluttered. So CGC Xbox will play out as a seperate entity to PS4 - but with identical management, ethos and schedules. Anyway, hope to see ya down the clubhouse next week. And bring some of your XB buddies - gonna be a lotta fun. :)

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2019, 07:19:45 AM »
CGC ON XBOX | 5 DAYS TO GO

SEASON 1 | WEEK 1 | THE SCHEDULE

At CGC we pride ourselves on our organisation, club management, and keeping our members very much in the loop. So a whole week ahead of our first event, here's your opening CGC XBOX Week 1 Schedule. And includes our historic opening event - The Welcome Warm-up Week-Ender! 8)

PLS NOTE - The Welcome Week-Ender and Srixon Desert Classic are both Rankings Qualification events. This to establish our two skill based tournament divisions - CGE (Casuals Golf Elite) & UCG (Ultra Casuals Golf). And our two tier split - member numbers permitting - will take place from Wednesdays 'AAP Allianz Pro Trophy' events. And don't forget guys, we open our doors to new members Thursday 16 May. Hope to see ya down there. Any q's feel free.

NEXT ON XBOX | DIVISIONAL QUALIFIER 1 | Sat 18-20 May | 2D 36H | CGC Welcome Week-Ender @ The Fruin | Icyken

W1 E1 | CHALLENGER SERIES | DIVISIONAL QUALIFIER 2 | Mon 20-22 May | 2D 36H | CGC Srixon Desert Classic @ Superstition Valley | Arrowhead

W1 E2 | VALIANCE TOUR | Thurs 22-24 May | 2D 36H | CGE & UCG AAP Allianz Pro Trophy @ Massara | Mikemike

W1 E3 | BWE | Fri 24-27 May | 3D 54H | CGE & UCG Adidas European Masters @ Chart Lakes CGC | Jezholme
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 07:25:32 AM by Chelsea Saint »

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2019, 07:21:21 AM »
CGC ON XBOX | 4 DAYS TO GO!

IN SYNC WITH PS4 CASUALS

And after that splendid week 1 itinerary, we'll be getting into schedule sync with our PS4 Casuals. This will make it easier to coordinate from an administrative perspective. PS4 will be at week 4 at that point, which is a Major week. So our week 2 will also be a Major week, as our two Societies begin to share similar (not identical) schedules. As a consequence our first season will run for a slightly shortened 10 week run. But will still feature our three big MAJORS - our popular 'Super 6 World Series' - and our 'NIKE World Cup of Golf' CHAMPIONSHIP events.

UP TOMO - FULL 12 (10^) WEEK SEASON | EVENT CALENDAR

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2019, 05:27:20 PM »
CGC ON XBOX | 4 DAYS TO GO!

NEW SERIES | ASK CHELSEA!

Q1 - HOW MANY MEMBERS?

New little intermittent series now, where I answer some of the MANY q's I've been asked behind the scenes over the months. Number one right now is - Considering Casuals Golf PS4 success, how many members would you like/expect in CGC XBox? Hmm. I always said when I launched CGC, I'd be happy with 50...... 4,000 members later! Lmao. But hey, I genuinely do think 50 is a nice manageable number, and would promote a more personal vibe with members. Plus two divisions @ 25 each sounds good. So to answer - 50 fully active would be nice. If it goes beyond that, which it probably will, that's cool too.

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2019, 12:15:07 PM »
CGC ON XBOX | 3 DAYS TO GO!

FULL 12 (10)  WEEK SEASON | EVENT CALENDAR

To provide members with a sense of our seasonal structure here's our full season event itinerary. Venues to be added a week in advance. Bear in mind, as mentioned yesterday - that our first season will be a shortened 10 week affair, so we can sync-schedule with the PS4 Casuals. So we bypass Weeks 2 and 3. Please also be aware all tournaments (excluding qualifying events) are rankings based two divisional (CGE and UCG). Oh, and finally - please don't think I've been working for hours on this - it's a quick edit from our established PS4 archive. ;)

KEY - DQ = DIVISIONAL QUALIFIER. CS = CHALLENGER SERIES. VT = VALIANCE TOUR. BWE = BIG WEEK-ENDER. MQ = MAJOR QUALIFIER. CQ = CHAMPIONSHIP QUALIFIER.

NEXT ON XBOX | DIVISIONAL QUALIFIER 1 | Sat 18-20 May | 2D 36H | CGC Welcome Week-Ender @ The Fruin | Icyken

WEEK 1 - MON 20-27 MAY

E1 - DQ - Srixon Desert Classic (DIVISIONAL QUALIFIER 2)
E2 - VT - AAP Allianz Pro Trophy
E3 - BWE - BMW European Masters

WEEK 2

E4 - CS - Puma Legends Series
E5 - VT - Adidas Europa Cup
E6 - BWE - Nike US Masters

WEEK 3

E7 - CS - Mizuno World Pro-Am
E8 - VT - XBox Hero Shield
E9 - BWE - Toyota English Open

WEEK 2 (NORMALLY W4) | MAJOR 1 | THE OPEN

E4 - CS - RBS Scottish Open Championships
E5 - MQ - THE OPEN Qualifying
E6 - MAJOR BWE - THE OPEN Championship & THE OPEN Players Vase

WEEK 3

E7 - CS - HSBC Royal Kent Cup
E8 - VT - PING Players Shoot-Out
E9 - BWE - Under Armour US National

WEEK 4 (NORMALLY W6) | CHAMPIONSHIP 1 | SUPER 6 WSG

E10 - CS - Guinness Irish Open
E11 - CQ - Super 6 World Series of Golf Qualifying
E12 - CHAMPIONSHIP BWE - Super 6 World Series of Golf FINAL & Super 6 WSG Players Vase

WEEK 5

E13 - CS - Skymax Ye Olde Oak Jug
E14 - VT - NEC Avenger Challenge
E15 - BWE - RBC Canadian Open

WEEK 6 (NORMALLY W8) | MAJOR 2 | US OPEN

E16 - CS - Puma Synergy Golf-Fest
E17 - MQ - US OPEN Qualifying
E18 - MAJOR BWE - US OPEN Championship & US OPEN Players Vase

WEEK 7

E19 - CS - ZDF World Challenger
E20 - VT - OGIO Scandinavian Open Championships
E21 - BWE - Honda World Golf Championships

WEEK 8 (NORMALLY W10) | CHAMPIONSHIP 2 | NIKE WCG

E22 - CS - ANZ Australian Open Championships
E23 - CQ - Nike World Cup of Golf Qualifying
E24 - CHAMPIONSHIP BWE - Nike World Cup of Golf FINAL & NIKE WCG Players Vase

WEEK 9

E25 - CS - Toyota Royal Crest Trophy
E26 - VT - Garmin Kingston Vase
E27 - BWE - BMW British Masters

WEEK 10 (NORMALLY W12) | SEASON FINALE | MAJOR/FINALS 3 | SUPER 12 CHAMPIONS TROPHY 

E28 - MQ - SUPER 12 Champion of Champions Qualifying 1
E29 - MQ - SUPER 12 Champion of Champions Qualifying 2 & Super 12 Players Vase
E30 - MAJOR BWE - SUPER 12 Champion of Champions FINAL & Super 12 World Golf Shield
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 07:26:28 AM by Chelsea Saint »

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2019, 01:27:08 PM »
CGC ON XBOX | 2 DAYS TO GO!

WEEK 1 SCHEDULE | UPDATE

With just 48 hours remaining to launch, a quick reminder of our enticing week one schedule. And I'm delighted to announce, highly regarded designer Antiparosjez has kindly created a commemorative CGC edition of his new course Chart Lakes - especially for our inaugural XBox Big Week-Ender! 8)

Please be aware the 'Welcome Week-Ender' and 'Srixon Desert Classic' events are divisional qualifiers - open to ALL members. As we establish our two skill based leagues - Casuals Golf Elite and Ultra Casuals Golf. Which commence from Wednesdays 'AAP Allianz Pro Trophy' from Massara. As always, any q's feel free.

W1 E1 | CHALLENGER SERIES | DIVISIONAL QUALIFIER 2 | Mon 20-22 May | 2D 36H | CGC Srixon Desert Classic @ Superstition Valley | Arrowhead

W1 E2 | VALIANCE TOUR | Weds 22-24 May | 2D 36H | CGE & UCG AAP Allianz Pro Trophy @ Massara | Mikemike

W1 E3 | BWE | Fri 24-27 May | 3D 54H | CGE & UCG Adidas European Masters @ Chart Lakes CGC | Antiparosjez

lastchancehombre

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2019, 02:49:02 PM »
How is this Society listed in the in game search? Casuals nor CGC shows up.

TGC 2019 releases

Woodley Island Golf Club
Nai Palm Hot Springs

TGC2 releases

Nai Palm Hot Springs

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2019, 02:56:52 PM »

We're not there yet Hombre. Getting the game free with Gold Thursday. Clubhouse doors should be open mid afternoon UK time. I'll post here when up.

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2019, 03:04:16 PM »
This looks really interesting; you've got a very compelling structure with this Chelsea Saint.  I may quit playing the Official Pro Society to play this one.  You don't happen to have a website or message forum dedicated to this Society do you? 
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2019, 03:14:21 PM »
This looks really interesting; you've got a very compelling structure with this Chelsea Saint.  I may quit playing the Official Pro Society to play this one.  You don't happen to have a website or message forum dedicated to this Society do you?

Hi mate. Be cool to have you aboard. No we don't do any external sites. Prefer to keep things simple and uncluttered. CGC forum updates will be regular, members will be kept fully up to date. And of course we have the clubhouse board to chat. For any private chat, all members are welcome to add me - Chelsea Saint. :)

lastchancehombre

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2019, 03:51:10 PM »

We're not there yet Hombre. Getting the game free with Gold Thursday. Clubhouse doors should be open mid afternoon UK time. I'll post here when up.

Thanks Chelsea. I'll keep an eye open for it & btw, I'm putting the finishing touches on a Tour version of Woodley Island with the Tournament atmosphere goods. Just an fyi!

TGC 2019 releases

Woodley Island Golf Club
Nai Palm Hot Springs

TGC2 releases

Nai Palm Hot Springs

FRSTDWN

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2019, 07:04:47 PM »
Don't worry about abusive language on the club boards. The censor is set on a 10 year old level 😁

I know you run one hell of a society. Good luck !
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED!

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TGC 2019 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP