Everybody's Golf VR

• 3 Replies

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« on: May 11, 2019, 12:51:19 PM »
I watched a guy playing the demo last night on You Tube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFpEEHiYsx0), and I was surprised at how realistic it looks.  I think the fact that you don't see your anime character swinging the club has a lot to do with that.  I bought a Move way back when for Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12.

I never really got the feel of swinging the move with one hand for a golf swing, so I bought a shortened, golf club attachment for it called a "Sim Stix" (https://www.amazon.in/SKLZ-Sim-Stix-Golf-Controller/dp/B00J3IQ5UO.  With a little lead tape on the shell that contained the Move, I was able to reasonably achieve the feel of swinging a golf club.  I can see how that would have the potential to work well with Everybody's Golf VR.

This is a surprising development for this franchise.  I know I was very disappointed in Everybody's Golf for the PS4, since for some reason they dropped the three advanced swing options we had in World Tour and OOB, and left us with that archaic, non-real-time, horizontal 3-click meter only.  This is pure real time and pure analog!

I'll wait to read some reports on the full game from golfers playing the game, and hopefully a few who happen to have the Sim Stix, before I consider the plunge.  I would have to buy all the gear necessary to make it work, as I don't have the VR headset or a camera for my PS4.

Is the VR Headset resolution for this game truly 1080p?
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

thegamblinggamer

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2019, 06:10:23 AM »
I wasnt going to get it because no multiplayer but caved and got it

Played a couple hours so far I must say I'm very impressed, was struggling to hit the ball at first and after playing around a bit with the swing and not trying to rip it can now hit the ball consistently

It's not easy to hit straight with a driver lots of right shaking, the game is probably very abusable but I'd rather play it with a proper if swing rather than one handed

Putting is very good , graphics to me dont seem to be 1080p the ball is quite blurry in the distance after you hit, standard ps4 though be interesting to see the difference with the PRO

andya14

• http://yosoyungamer.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/The-Golf-Club.jpg
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2019, 09:49:35 AM »
I have only just purchased the PSVR got a really great deal @ game with PS days of play offer. I done the last EG game till it bored me to death, was surprised to see they released a VR version without much hype and there was a demo out so I gave it a try, please note I'd only played an hour or so of Astrobot in VR (which is incredible by the way) prior to playing the EG demo, my thoughts.

So it's only the virtual driving range/approach green and putting practise in the demo, you select your gender/height(very important this accurate)/left or right handed and what controller your using dual shock/move and away you go. Quite a good tutorial that lets you go right through the golf bag on the range and approach shots, I found it very tricky at first using the dual shock as I have no move controllers atm, using it one handed was a bit weird and shakey but with practise it came together and was quite satisfying getting pretty close to the hole. You can take as big or small a swing as you like to get the same effect like small/fast big/slow if you get what I mean, it will be a lot easier with the move controller I think. That's about it really, it looks great as if your actually there, very immersive, I like that once you hit the ball thats it, no fancy camera angles a bit like the old TW series years ago, the sounds are what you'd expect from a golf game (the overhead planes sound amazing) the full release looks a bit sparse tbh with only 3 courses included but understand there is DLC coming and for £25 well worth it I think, will purchase once I have the move controllers for sure 8)

Edit: John, I was using a PS Pro and was more than impressed with it visually  8)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 09:51:14 AM by andya14 »

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2019, 12:08:40 PM »
Thanks for the reports on the game gamblinggamer and Andya14.  Are either of you using an attachment or extension, similar to the SimStix?  Do you try to model a golf swing with just the Move if you don't?  I had a lot of trouble with just the Move when I first tried TW 12 on the PS3.  The SimStix transformed it into an entirely different experience for me.

Can either of you see where there's a door ClapHanz left open to add online tournament play, or even online multiplayer in the future?  I think just playing solo rounds by myself would eventually wear off my enthusiasm.

Andya14, do you have any way to compare what you're seeing on your Pro to a stock PS4?  I don't recall reading where Everybody's Golf did anything to take advantage of the Pro, but I could be missing something.  I'd like to think they would have, especially since I've read multiple reports like gamblingamer's, mentioning the blurriness of the ball as it goes off in the distance.  They might be doing that to make it more visible though.  Does the ball look blurry to you as it goes off into the distance?

I'd really love to try this for myself.  There's no way I'm going to gamble $350 for what it would take to get me where I could play this game if it wasn't going to float my boat... especially with no multiplayer or online tournaments.
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

space-cash