Portrush ( Dunluce ) 2019

• 10 Replies

aitchleague

« on: May 11, 2019, 06:10:53 PM »
My first Real Course Re-creation, possibly my last  :)  This ones been a long gruelling 8 months in the making, but it's finally out there.

The layout information comes from Google and Bing maps. Detail and views have been taken from the excellent video flybys on the Vimeo website.

The new 7th and 8th holes plus other course alterations for the 2019 Open Championship have been included.

A few stats. and pictures now to whet the appetite,

Portrush ( Dunluce ) 2019   :   Real Course   :   Highlands Theme   :   Par  71   ( 4, 11, 3 )

Blue 7349 Yds.   :   White 6814 Yds.   :   Green 6507 Yds.

A wonderful piece of links land on the Northern Irish Coast, it's been a pleasure getting to know every last inch of it in detail, ( despite the hard work ).

Hope everyone enjoys the result. Look forward to all your comments and opinions.

Kevin1305

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2019, 06:43:41 PM »
My first Real Course Re-creation, possibly my last  :)  This ones been a long gruelling 8 months in the making, but it's finally out there.

The layout information comes from Google and Bing maps. Detail and views have been taken from the excellent video flybys on the Vimeo website.

The new 7th and 8th holes plus other course alterations for the 2019 Open Championship have been included.

A few stats. and pictures now to whet the appetite,

Portrush ( Dunluce ) 2019   :   Real Course   :   Highlands Theme   :   Par  71   ( 4, 11, 3 )

Blue 7349 Yds.   :   White 6814 Yds.   :   Green 6507 Yds.

A wonderful piece of links land on the Northern Irish Coast, it's been a pleasure getting to know every last inch of it in detail, ( despite the hard work ).

Hope everyone enjoys the result. Look forward to all your comments and opinions.
Looks fantastic can't wait to play it , I live about an hour and half from it . Looking forward to it so much .

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

ClassAct147

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2019, 08:36:29 PM »
Fantastic work!  Well done!

TaS

• GroupMember
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2019, 11:03:46 AM »
Incredible detailing

aitchleague

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2019, 02:49:40 PM »
Thanks for the positive comments everyone. Glad your enjoying Portrush.

HockeyNick30

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2019, 06:27:49 PM »
Looking forward to losing some balls on this one.  Great-looking indeed!
Course Creations:
Krysta Falls (first creation, not good at all)
Kendall's Luau
Kameron's Oasis
Michigan Hollows
Michigan Falls
The Park at Krysta Falls

bigtee

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2019, 07:03:06 PM »
What an incredible course to play. I wouldn't know about how accurate it is, but it to me is easily one of the best links courses(open 2019) out there. Is it penciled in for any tournaments apart from no assistance this week ?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 07:05:06 PM by bigtee »

aitchleague

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2019, 03:00:00 PM »
Posted by: bigtee
« on: June 03, 2019, 07:03:06 PM » Insert Quote
What an incredible course to play. I wouldn't know about how accurate it is, but it to me is easily one of the best links courses(open 2019) out there. Is it penciled in for any tournaments apart from no assistance this week ?

Thanks for your play and your comments. In answer to your question as far as I know the course hasn't been selected for any other events at the moment, but obviously I'm hoping it may get The Open Championship, which was my original aim when deciding to produce the course.

Re the no assistance week, I'd heard it was being used for that and wouldn't mind giving it a go, but I can't find the relevant society.

bigtee

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2019, 08:05:54 PM »
It's called '4 letter word' on xb1. Suprised the course isn't on tgc2019 forum. I really hope it gets approved. It makes for a proper round. Deserves so many more plays.

aitchleague

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2019, 02:29:56 PM »
Had seen the 4 letter word in forums, but that doesn't seem to exist on PC.

Portrush ( Dunluce ) 2019 has been approved on TGC Tours if that's what you mean. Currently around 340 plays.

Portrush ( Open 2019 ), the Championship version currently has around 320 plays, but you won't find that in the TGC Tours listings as you are generally only allowed to submit one version of each course for approval.

karma4u

• GroupMember
  • I know a little german
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2019, 05:15:29 PM »
Suprised the course isn't on tgc2019 forum. I really hope it gets approved

https://www.tgctours.com/Course/Details/21363

space-cash