Icon Question

• 3 Replies

Sandsaver

• If I had anything better to do I would be doing it
« on: May 23, 2019, 10:55:59 AM »
I am not sure if this is right forum for this question (maybe General?) but when looking at icons of courses, say the "other courses by this designer" pages, there is often a symbol or icon in the upper left corner of the course picture that looks like a clock or stopwatch with ##W next to it (## representing a number).  I can't seem to find info about this on the forums about this.

On a slightly different topic, how is the difficulty description assigned on the Course Details page.  To me it does not seem to correlate with how hard it is to score, at least for me.  I have played some mighty tough courses listed as "Easiest".

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2019, 11:31:45 AM »
1) Amount of weeks since course was released...

2)Could be the course has been played a lot on the forward tees especially new players who might not know how to change tees etc...or there are some societies which play forward tees or maybe a TGC tour event been held there and scores would be lower.In other words best to ignore the rating.

The above answer also applies really to HCP of the course,should only really be took from back tees,saying that in its defence if you only took back tee plays would be even harder to get a HCP course.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 11:37:14 AM by Yeltzman »

Sandsaver

• If I had anything better to do I would be doing it
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2019, 05:38:37 PM »
Thank you Yeltzman :D.  That is a clear explanation - the only thing weird is that on the "Other courses by this Designer" pages I was looking at it seemed that he/she was releasing a new course every week, the numbers went up from 5W to 28W pretty much without interruption.  That is SOME productive designer!

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2019, 09:46:06 AM »
Thank you Yeltzman :D.  That is a clear explanation - the only thing weird is that on the "Other courses by this Designer" pages I was looking at it seemed that he/she was releasing a new course every week, the numbers went up from 5W to 28W pretty much without interruption.  That is SOME productive designer!

Could be imports from previous games over the last 4 years designers designed 100s of courses.Usually a new design i would say take 2-3 months to be very decent,but with the introduction of LIDAR some courses getting done a lot quicker.

It's what is so good about the TGC brand which really HB really misses out on.It's a fantastic community and really there is something for everybody Fantasy courses to mini putt to Real to great community designs it's what TGC1 and Anthony kyne's vision for the game was,Just a shame in my view game heading in a different direction.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 09:49:22 AM by Yeltzman »

space-cash