Exploit/bug

• 4 Replies

Bear

« on: May 28, 2019, 04:13:40 AM »
I feel I should bring this to Admin's attention.

Without naming any names, I started getting suspicious about one player's scores, regularly shooting in the 40s, so I decided to play his ghost twice, on two separate courses, to see if the scores were legit.  What I discovered was astonishing.

Apart from on par 3s, you never see his second shot when this bug/exploit is in operation.  We both tee off on a, say, 470-yard par 4.  If it's my turn to play my second shot, I do so, and then his second shot never happens.  Up on the green, when it's his putt he's always within 10 feet of the hole, and the putt is always for eagle, in this case as if he's hit a 470-yard tee shot to 10 feet.  Every single time.  If it was his turn to play his second shot approach, you never see it.  The same thing happens on par 5s.

If this is a known bug or exploit, HB need to do something about it, please.  Protecting the field is an important principle of tournament golf, and I see no reason why it shouldn't also apply to this great game.

Thrangar

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2019, 02:59:42 PM »
This has been going on since release I go for course records all the time so I play ghosts who have best score, well guess what record holders of almost all courses are putting for eagle on par 3s, go figure!

Also many of the same record holders never hit and aproach shot they are putting for 2 on par 4s,

Now having said that all but 2 of the ones I have on a list no longer play...weather this is because they got caught or just got bored I dont know.

Seeing as there is no quality of any sort in this game including server and or official societies I recomend you find some quality folks to play and try to enjoy!

Oh I forgot to say...I always suspected it was that muligan thing being exploited but if you say its happening in tourneys then I dont think mulligans apply, but maybe its still be exploited?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 03:20:39 PM by Thrangar »
Proud Member of the sub par club at McKee McGrodo (black Widow)

Kevin1305

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2019, 03:05:22 PM »

Without naming any names, I started getting suspicious about one player's scores, regularly shooting in the 40s, so I decided to play his ghost twice, on two separate courses, to see if the scores were legit.  What I discovered was astonishing.

Apart from on par 3s, you never see his second shot when this bug/exploit is in operation.  We both tee off on a, say, 470-yard par 4.  If it's my turn to play my second shot, I do so, and then his second shot never happens.  Up on the green, when it's his putt he's always within 10 feet of the hole, and the putt is always for eagle, in this case as if he's hit a 470-yard tee shot to 10 feet.  Every single time.  If it was his turn to play his second shot approach, you never see it.  The same thing happens on par 5s.

If this is a known bug or exploit, HB need to do something about it, please.  Protecting the field is an important principle of tournament golf, and I see no reason why it shouldn't also apply to this great game.
Well said and I hope you get a reply.  I love this game as well but I find that contact between HB Studios and player's/customers is very little. EA.Sports did the very same and look wot happened to the Tiger Woods game.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

moneyman273

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2019, 10:03:38 AM »

I wish you good luck with your answer here.  I'm sure HB will respond to this concern very soon.

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2019, 10:55:42 AM »
By any chance, have you sent an e-mail or private message to HB with the name?  No need to write it here but knowing the gamertag and platform would help investigate it.

Thanks!

space-cash