Psypress Point, Monterey, CA (L)

• 42 Replies

Jimgem

• GroupMember
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2019, 05:49:04 PM »
What a great course' probably one of the best Lidar courses iv'e played so far' great job.... :)

https://youtu.be/LmhSdArfmO4
i7 4790k 4.40Ghz
MSI GTX 1080ti
H100i (AIO)
MSI GD65 gaming m-board
16Gb Corsair Vengeance Ram
Corsair Scimitar Mouse
Xbox 360 Controller
Corsair K70 Lux RGB keyboard
Youtube TGC 2019 playlist- https://goo.gl/P2Xdxc

Enef56

« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2019, 06:52:29 PM »
I agree with all the comments, you’ve done a FAB job, loved nearly everything about it.
As you said because of the yardage it can be pretty tame in low winds but that’s easily changed, only thing which was a little strange was the odd bird down low flying into the hill on the 8th tee, he nearly pinched my sandwiches lol.

D.D.Jensen

• GroupMember
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2019, 08:30:31 PM »
I agree with all the comments, you’ve done a FAB job, loved nearly everything about it.
As you said because of the yardage it can be pretty tame in low winds but that’s easily changed, only thing which was a little strange was the odd bird down low flying into the hill on the 8th tee, he nearly pinched my sandwiches lol.

Yeah ... I wanted to remove him .... but, I could never find where I placed him ...  :( 

D.D.Jensen

• GroupMember
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2019, 08:49:38 PM »
What a great course' probably one of the best Lidar courses iv'e played so far' great job.... :)

https://youtu.be/LmhSdArfmO4

Thanks for the fantastic play thru and kind words.  However, I don't know if it's the best ... I do like how it turned out for not having the proper theme, or being able to have a different texture, that I could have assigned for the sand dunes.    I didn't want to use the same sand for the dunes and the bunkers.  While it didn't look bad, I didn't like the way they took away from the actual bunkers.  It just never looked right to me ... it was one of those "Compromises" I had to settle with ...

Same as with not wanting to use oversized rocks along the coastline, as I had to conserve the object meter. Picking what I thought was more important for what I was after. 

I know others felt this was junk.  But again,  It could never be CYPRESS POINT CLUB.  Only MY version of Psypress Point.

Thank you again for a great video ... and a nice tutorial on how to play this game using great course management.  Now if I would only practice using it more ...  ;)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 08:51:54 PM by DDJensen »

FRSTDWN

« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2019, 04:31:45 PM »
Played the tour version last night in a  private match. Had a blast minus giving up a 3 up lead for a tie.

Awesome course man. Going to put in my society for the first week of playoffs.

RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED!

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TGC 2019 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

lastchancehombre

« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2019, 04:44:40 PM »
Have to agree it's one of the best Lidar courses to date. The care & time put into making it look & play right shows in a big way. Played the course a couple times back in the 80's & although I don't remember everything about it specifically when Paul & I were playing last night with no assists it not only played beautifully giving & taking away throughout the round but brought back a few distant memories of a pristine Golf Course I once played!

Thanks for all your time & effort with this gem! Great job man!
Xbox live g/t LasChanceHombre

TGC 2019 releases

Woodley Island Golf Club
The Dunes Course at Stone Lagoon
Nai Palm Hot Springs

TGC2 releases

The Dunes Course at Stone Lagoon
Nai Palm Hot Springs
Vaquero Valley GC Tour Edition

bspetty24

« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2019, 05:10:32 PM »
I didn't want to use the same sand for the dunes and the bunkers.  While it didn't look bad, I didn't like the way they took away from the actual bunkers.  It just never looked right to me

Same as with not wanting to use oversized rocks along the coastline

It could never be CYPRESS POINT CLUB.

My Fictional Courses:
Royal Bentleigh, Ol' Rocky Top, Cypress Dunes, Laugharne, Kamauri Cliffs, Maka Sichu Golf Club

My RCR's:
Seminole Golf Club, Cypress Point Club, Fishers Island Club, Sweetens Cove Golf Club (w/ jwfickett)

D.D.Jensen

• GroupMember
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2019, 04:53:56 PM »

And Big Rocks, Dunes and no Backdrop doesn't Make it Cypress Point either ... Just an Island in the Pacific ...

And why I made the compromise ... with the backdrop.  While there were some advantages to not having the Backdrop ... to me, it just didn't work as well as I wanted ...

With not having 2 different sand textures, the punishment for landing into a "DUNE" was too great ... hence the alternative was used.  Yes, I would have loved to have sand dunes ... the Theme and designer doesn't  allow it to work fair in my opinion ... Another compromise.

The green speeds and firmness .... Typically firm and fast ... wind has that effect on the coast ... the 8.2 green speed works (180 ft rollout) fine for the tour version.  However your putter skills need to be flawless.

But ... Now we Have a Psypress Point and a Cypress Point (Island) CLUB

Which is a good thing

No, I did not Publish this version ... nor will I.  Unless HB gives us a better editor option and a new theme.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 08:30:19 PM by DDJensen »

karma4u

• GroupMember
  • I know a little german
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2019, 05:07:49 PM »
First major difference I saw. No man is an island, neither is Cypress Point. Regardless, both are excellent renditions and both David and Brian should be given the huge respect of this community for creating amazing renditions of a course that very few folks get a chance to play IRL.
Three fingers of rum and a plate of the best calamari. Life is good.

Cheers, to you both.

D.D.Jensen

• GroupMember
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2019, 12:48:07 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeR23DvaTFo

And the reason why this course needs to have a proper theme ...
at least we gave it a good try between the two of us ...

Ariel Atom

« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2019, 07:02:20 PM »
If only HB added an Ocean Waves feature (and excluded it from the object meter)...
My Courses:

Engineers Country Club(L)
TPC Jasna Polana
Canyata Golf Club
Black Rock Country Club

WIP: Sugarloaf Valley Resort (fictional)

Enef56

« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2019, 01:19:37 AM »
You can only work with what we’ve been given and both courses are outstanding and barely a straw between them, I thought your rock work on 17 I think edged it for me, Nigel

D.D.Jensen

• GroupMember
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2019, 01:52:51 AM »
Both courses had hits and misses ... I ran low on the object meter ... or there would have been more rock work, trees, fencing along 17 Mile drive and ground cover ... 

I liked the way his dune work looked ... Like I said in earlier post ... I had my reasons for not using the same sand  ...  I still like my final choice ... as I am sure Brian liked his final decisions ...   both courses are close enough to know what course you're playing ...

space-cash