Terrains are messed up

• 19 Replies

Ezzino Milonga

• Ball don't lie!!!
« on: June 08, 2019, 05:22:19 AM »
@HB_KeithC and/or anyone who can help :

sorry if i bother you, i imagine all of you have a lot to do, but i noticed a huge problem and i need some support. Some week ago i remember i readed in some post about another guy who was complaining about this thing, but sadly i can't remember who he was, or where i read exactly his post.

Anyway, this week i play a practice round on the course selected for this week's tourney on TGCT, but i have an issue whit a Pin Position that was fine for the other guys :

Tantallon Castle Hole10    https://imgur.com/hkeO2RY

When it was clear that this was just some issue nobody else was experiencing, i check other courses to report some example. Please, take a look :

Medinah CC #3 Hole11     https://imgur.com/eb88pJr

Medinah CC #3 Hole14     https://imgur.com/QJ5PIB4

Medinah CC #3 Hole17     https://imgur.com/BBQYOLy

Mia Memorial Hole5           https://imgur.com/HmtQpIP

Boca del Principe Hole 4     https://imgur.com/OjI8be0

Crab Claw Bay Golf Club Hole 3   https://imgur.com/Ymlist0

The Daisy Mountain Green Hole 2   https://imgur.com/J6WaXwI

Furthermore, while at the beginning it seemed to be some glitch on the greens, now i see that is just everywhere. I think also that some tree just pops out in some random point with no reason :

The Daisy Mountain Green Hole 1 https://imgur.com/DCrjBBd

The Club at Willow Grove Hole 11 (Fairway's view)   https://imgur.com/9yJDwdN

Crab Claw Bay Golf Club Hole 4 (Green&Fairway's view)   https://imgur.com/sUfAVH7

The Daisy Mountain Green Hole 1 (Behind Green's view)  https://imgur.com/a1Oq7fh

I play all this courses with Pin1 and default conditions, but i tried different setups and is always the same. Al those courses are made with different themes. And this glitch it affects old courses, ported courses, but also new courses (as Tantallon Castle in fact is). I really can't find some pattern that could help to understand why it happens.

The worst part of all this thing, is that the courses where i see something a bit strange are in fact really a lot, even those that i play anyway cause in any case is possible to play...just a bit more difficult..but is still possible. And i can never be sure if is just a designer view or a glitch, so here i report just the really huge strange things :P  but is really sad to play with the fear that at some point i can find some hole really too messed up.

So..have you ever noticed this issue? There's something i can do? I don't know if this can be fault of my Pc. I have a AMD Ryzen 3 2200 G with Radeon Vega Graphics 3,50GHZ
8 GB RAM  and Windows 10 64 bit. No Graphic Card dedicated. Do you think that if i try to reinstall the game something can change?  (i wish to avoid doing this if not necessary or useful, in your opinion, cause some time ago i had huge issues, reinstalling a game with Steam.

Please, some advice is really needed here. Thanks :)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 05:28:18 AM by Ezzino Milonga »
"Competitive golf is played mainly on a five-and-a-half-inch course... the space between your ears" Bobby Jones

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2019, 12:52:23 PM »
I haven't seen anything like that before.  I will pass along your message to the devs to see if they have seen anything like this.

You could try to re-install to see if it helps.

Has anyone else ever seen anything like this?

Ezzino Milonga

• Ball don't lie!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2019, 01:14:54 PM »
I haven't seen anything like that before.  I will pass along your message to the devs to see if they have seen anything like this.

You could try to re-install to see if it helps.

Has anyone else ever seen anything like this?

Thanks, really, for the quickness of your reply.  :)

I'll try to uninstall and reinstall the game.

But...sorry for the maybe silly question, in your opinion, what is the best way to proceed?
I mean..is better if i uninstall the game from my pc or if i delete it from steam? I'm not an experienced gamer, so i don't know if there is some huge difference doing one or another thing.

(It was in fact one of the reasons i tried to avoid to uninstall the game, but it would be stupid don't try if this can help.)

Furthermore, if in your opinion it could be "fault" of some graphic setting i use in game, i could share my setup.
"Competitive golf is played mainly on a five-and-a-half-inch course... the space between your ears" Bobby Jones

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2019, 02:10:44 PM »
The downside to uninstalling is you could lose courses you are working on in the designer and possibly any career progress.

I don't think it's any setting in the game but I guess it couldn't hurt to try to change the graphic settings in game to see if it makes any difference.  I don't know the specs well enough and how they effect the game.  Hopefully someone who understands that better can give you advice on whether it could be your PC specs that it causing the issue you are seeing.

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2019, 02:38:14 PM »
If you are in doubt about losing courses,why don't you publish them as beta's or silly names,Then re-install because you have a serious problem there just a suggestion. just loaded up Daisy greens course and my first hole is nothing like you picture.

Ezzino Milonga

• Ball don't lie!!!
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2019, 03:16:30 PM »
The downside to uninstalling is you could lose courses you are working on in the designer and possibly any career progress.

I don't think it's any setting in the game but I guess it couldn't hurt to try to change the graphic settings in game to see if it makes any difference.  I don't know the specs well enough and how they effect the game.  Hopefully someone who understands that better can give you advice on whether it could be your PC specs that it causing the issue you are seeing.

Well..i'm not a designer and i don't care about my career. I shouldn't lose nothing really important. A fresh start can't ruin my love for this game  :)

My only fear is to have some issues while i re-install the game, if i uninstall the game in the wrong way.
Some of you guys knows if is better to uninstall the game from steam or using windows 10? What is the better way to do this thing? This is the only thing i really wish to know before re-install the game.

About my graphic settings, i use the default setups, just with "Medium" instead "High" quality, cause i noticed that High quality increase the chance to suffer some lag while i play.
But i tried just now different settings and i see no variations.

About my pc, i have this pc by 3 months..and still i have made no relevant changes in settings or BIOS. Every setup is actually as from default, cause generally i change something only when i recognize it could be something wrong.
Also, i don't play other videogames. Just this and Rfactor, that seems to work always as usual, so...i really don't know..

Anyway, if someone can tell me what is the better way to uninstall the game, i think is the better thing i can try.

Ezzino Milonga

• Ball don't lie!!!
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2019, 03:21:00 PM »
If you are in doubt about losing courses,why don't you publish them as beta's or silly names,Then re-install because you have a serious problem there just a suggestion. just loaded up Daisy greens course and my first hole is nothing like you picture.

:)  I'm absolutely sure that your course is fine. I posted just some pic to show more or less what i see...but trust me if i say that in some course i experienced a pair of things that no one could ever create. Even with an huge amount of LSD :D

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2019, 07:32:10 PM »
Wow Ezzino....... I’m completely baffled by this.  I looked at the pictures and Icy’s Tantallion Castle doesn’t have a green anything like that and I can’t see any respectable designer releasing any of the ones you pictured.  I’m thinking that this HAS to be some Steam issue and I’d suggest uninstalling Steam and TGC and then reinstalling.  Make sure you don’t have anything else running over your router or programs on your PC when you do to avoid any problems.  Good Luck Man.
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming.
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2X Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB m2 RAID level 0
EVGA GTX 1080 SC. Windows 10 64 Bit
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

Ezzino Milonga

• Ball don't lie!!!
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2019, 08:00:59 PM »
Wow Ezzino....... I’m completely baffled by this.  I looked at the pictures and Icy’s Tantallion Castle doesn’t have a green anything like that and I can’t see any respectable designer releasing any of the ones you pictured.  I’m thinking that this HAS to be some Steam issue and I’d suggest uninstalling Steam and TGC and then reinstalling.  Make sure you don’t have anything else running over your router or programs on your PC when you do to avoid any problems.  Good Luck Man.

In fact i completed just some minute ago the un-install and re-install of the game. My question about how to do it was just stupid, cause even trying to use windows 10 to uninstall the game, in fact is always Steam that does anything.
Anyway..i tried again the game and nothing seems to be changed.  The only interesting and surprising thing (at least for me) is that when i re-install the game, all my data were still exactly here.
I tried again the course of next week in CC-C..i mean Lakewood Country Club and...i have no more desire to take pics, but i swear i never saw something like this. Everything is absolutely messed up. Greens, bunkers, impossible elevation of...everything. The water covers also good part of the fairways..it seems a golf course after a tornado or something like this. :D

Just unbelievable.

But..your advice to uninstall also Steam itsounds good. And i was already with this idea on my mind. It sounds just like my only chance to have a normal game.

I'll try. I have my game code and everything, so i thing it should be ok.  I hope it will work..cause i have not others ideas :P

Thank you :)

Ezzino Milonga

• Ball don't lie!!!
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2019, 06:46:05 AM »
It doesn't work.

I uninstall the game, then steam. I reinstall everything and everyhting is exactly as before. Exactly.
The only new is that now, before to play, i have to confirm my controller in the game, or it doesn't work.

As before, every setup is still here.

So i start to suspect that the last thing i could to try is just to uninstall everything again,  create another steam profile and then to see if something change, cause is clear that steam recharge everything as it was. There's someone with a better idea?

Ezzino Milonga

• Ball don't lie!!!
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2019, 08:02:15 AM »
My little bro explained me that if i try to create a new account on steam (just to check if, in some strange way, my problem is actually connected with Steam), then i'll need to buy the game again. If this is true, is something i don't want to do. It would be absurd, to pay a game two times (specially if i should discover that is really Steam the problem...I mean..i should to pay two times for their "fault"? It would be absolutelly sick :P )

Also, my bro is sure that is really unlikely that Steam can't be the reason why i'm suffering for this issue.
And honestly i'm with this idea too. I can't find a reason why Steam should influence so much this thing. But is also true that i know too little about how all this thing works.

Anyway...considering i have no better ideas, i'll try to install and play this game from my bro PC, to understand at least if the problem is with my PC (how i suspect)  or if is elsewhere.

But, before to do this thing, i'm going to try to uninstall and re-install my Radeon software, cause i think the most probable thing could be that something in my PC causes this issues. It sounds a bit more probable that an issue with Steam, with my internet connection or some other stuff.

Obviously, if someone have some suggestion, please share it with me. I really need some help. And i have not the knowledge or the experience to really understand by myself what can be the cause of this issue.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 08:42:44 AM by Ezzino Milonga »

Ezzino Milonga

• Ball don't lie!!!
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2019, 09:18:55 AM »
 I'm sharing also the settings of my Radeon Software. In some way, i believe the answer could be here. I'm trying different setups, but the default settings are :

1) Radeon Global Settings        https://imgur.com/sOce04B

2) Radeon TGC2019 settings     https://imgur.com/KGSdkX0

I tried to enlarge the image as i can. If should be not visible, please tell me and it i will try to enarge it more in some other way.
I wish also to know if there's someone with more or less my same hardware (as descripted in my first post) and what setup he use, to make some comparison.

Thank you for any feedback...really needed.

Ezzino Milonga

• Ball don't lie!!!
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2019, 12:40:32 PM »
Some update, if someone is interested : i tried almost everything, in those 3 days. After uninstall and reinstall the game and the whole steam, i changed probably every possible graphic setup (in game and on my Radeon Software), i also tried deleting the TGC2019 setup on the Radeon software, i tried to play with no Antivirus. Nothing seems to make any difference. I can't see any change.

But i noticed an interesting thing (maybe?). I tried to play at Lakeside Country Club, this week's course of TGCT. Is incredibly messed up. I tried also the Tour version of this course...and it's messed up in the EXACT same way. This means that this thing probably is not so randomic how i was thinking, but still i can't see a pattern or at least understand how this information could be useful.

Anyway...now that i realized (if my bro is right) that my idea to create a new profile on Steam is not possible without to buy again the game, i wish to try this, as the last thing i can try: to reset my whole profile in the game and to see what happens starting in fact a new..everything. But...i don't know how to do this.

Do someone could please explain me how i could do this thing? I have to delete something in my Steam profile? I have to delete some file in the game folders?

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2019, 01:40:36 PM »
I really don't think it has something to do with Steam.  My guess is it either the specs on your PC or something to do with your pc settings.  I would not create a new steam profile and buy the game again. 

Ezzino Milonga

• Ball don't lie!!!
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2019, 02:51:34 PM »
I really don't think it has something to do with Steam.  My guess is it either the specs on your PC or something to do with your pc settings.  I would not create a new steam profile and buy the game again.

I agree. But...to be honest i think that, after today, i tried almost everything. And i mean everything. I uninstalled, reinstalled, cleaned caches, shuted off antivirus,i deleted profiles in my graphic software, i tried every setup's combination that was possible, both in game or on my pc's graphic software.  I'm talking about almost 40 attempts only on the Radeon.. There's not a single minimal variation. Nothing.

So, considering i can't find other reasonable options, that i have obviously no intention to buy two times a game, specially with the huge possibility to have again the same issue...and that nobody seems to have some better idea, now i wish to check if, for some reason i can't imagine, this issue could be related with my profile in game/steam.

So, please, there's a way to reset just my player profile, into the game or via Steam, with no need to buy again the game ?
I wish to try this, but i don't know how to do it (i don't even know if is actually possible to do it, in fact).

I have no interest to start again everything (i mean..just the simple joke to change EVERY name of the fake players on my PGA Tour stealed almost a day the first time..is just a nightmare to think i should do it again :P) but honestly, i can't see other things i could try, cause i tried and i did everything. Even those stupid things made just for desperation. And at this point it sounds also a bit strange that the issue is with my PC. Actually is a package quite common and i've never changed any setup from the start. Then, is also hard to believe that i'm the only one with this PC specs and this problems.
Maybe is not so absurd to think that for some reason some error is in some way "hardcoded" in my profile.

For this reason, i wish to try this thing and to reset my player profile. There's a way to do this?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 02:54:18 PM by Ezzino Milonga »

space-cash