New game

• 78 Replies

BTM-Dairyman

« on: June 09, 2019, 08:28:50 PM »
I'll bet we will not hear a peep from either hb studios or 2k on the new game during e3 week.

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2019, 11:55:01 PM »
I'd say your statement is a safe bet since 'The Golf Club 202X' isn't listed among IGN's list of "Games to be shown at E3", as well as their list of "Games and Developers that won't be at E3".
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

liquidsnake000

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2019, 03:45:32 AM »
Guys, why don't you just let them crack on with whatever it is that they are supposedly doing. surely there is enough mileage left in the current game in the meantime :).
bring on 2019 tgc.

Stokie

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2019, 04:24:08 AM »
i see Microsoft are bringing out a new console at the end of 2020 they could well wait till then

weasek

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2019, 05:33:24 AM »
I love the game but really am in need of a new polished version as I feel like it's getting a little stale.its just my opinion if other people are happy playing this version for another year then good luck

BTM-Dairyman

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2019, 08:20:30 AM »
Yes i'm feeling the same way the game is getting stale with me also, we need a new game to get the juices flowing again .

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2019, 09:08:10 AM »
Don't think it will happen but i would love HB to be working on a New Golf game for the New xbox console (PC and new playstation one when it comes) with 2k,and really give us something special in 18 months time when the console is released.I think they have taken the game as far as it can go with this game engine and current consoles.Just my View but last few years with the 3 games been good but it could have been so much better especially the last 2 games.

Pipeit55

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2019, 12:29:23 PM »
HB has stated many times that we will hear something when there is something to say. That's great but it would be nice to at the least fix some of the leaderboard bugs in societies when playing your round with a ghost. Maybe fix the courses to finally update new plays that would be great too because some of us bought the game as all of them from day one and tgc 2 was abandoned in about 4 months because of maximum games to bad for us and it looks like tgc2019 has been abandoned since the last December 2018 update to bad for us again. I still play the game because i like golf games but i don't play as much as i did and either do my friends on my friends list and that's how i tell what the game is doing because I would have over a hundred people playing tgc 2019 and now they play everything from uncharted to fortnite or whatever it's called and lets not forget rdr 2.
anyway maybe we will get some updates or a new game who knows
Pipeit55   ( ISKNGRIS PSN )

SweetTeeBag

• GroupMember
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2019, 03:40:40 PM »
HB has stated many times that we will hear something when there is something to say. That's great but it would be nice to at the least fix some of the leaderboard bugs in societies when playing your round with a ghost. Maybe fix the courses to finally update new plays that would be great too because some of us bought the game as all of them from day one and tgc 2 was abandoned in about 4 months because of maximum games to bad for us and it looks like tgc2019 has been abandoned since the last December 2018 update to bad for us again. I still play the game because i like golf games but i don't play as much as i did and either do my friends on my friends list and that's how i tell what the game is doing because I would have over a hundred people playing tgc 2019 and now they play everything from uncharted to fortnite or whatever it's called and lets not forget rdr 2.

I have to agree. We got 2-3 "patches" for TGC19 and then on to the next project. Same thing happened with TGC2. TGC1 had around 15 patches and was the cheapest of the 3 and also the only game they went solo on until a disc version came out for it late in the lifecycle.

DaveT

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2019, 06:18:28 AM »

I can understand the lack of announcements for a new game ... if there's no news, there's no news.

The lack of continued patches and updates for TGC2019 is a bit disappointing though.  I'm still really enjoying the game, but it would be nice to see it continue to develop. 

My brother asked me recently if the game was worth picking up. I said yes but warned him that its not supported much anymore ... I think that put him off.
COURSES:

- Camp Crystal Lake 
- Haddonfield Country Club
- Antonio Bay (The Fog)
- Overlook Hotel & Country Club

SweetTeeBag

• GroupMember
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2019, 07:34:58 AM »

I can understand the lack of announcements for a new game ... if there's no news, there's no news.

The lack of continued patches and updates for TGC2019 is a bit disappointing though.  I'm still really enjoying the game, but it would be nice to see it continue to develop. 

My brother asked me recently if the game was worth picking up. I said yes but warned him that its not supported much anymore ... I think that put him off.

No support for about 6 months. All you need to know.

GW_Hope

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2019, 08:23:23 AM »

whammy5

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2019, 08:36:57 AM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/thegolfclubgame/status/1138157110414401537
I didn't see where they said what this (or the last X1) update is doing.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2019, 09:12:53 AM »
I think it's due to the added load of new TGC 2019 in the wake of the Free Games With Gold release on the XBox One.  The servers probably need work to stand up to it, I'm guessing?
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Stan Solo

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2019, 10:30:14 AM »

There's plenty of news   .... they're just not sharing

Or they go to work everyday and play candycrush on their phones

space-cash