Quitters ruin the Head to Head play

• 37 Replies

kgboomer

« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2019, 11:32:21 PM »
Basically HB, I know it's your first real step into live multiplayer but you get an absolute F in terms of making it seamless and easy to get the games that "WE" the players really want.  Once we're in the game runs great, but the problem is, your system is so jacked up no one makes it into a game to enjoy it.

It's basically always the same problem, making a game catering with the very few playing on PCs.

And to make it even worse, you know when there is 250 online TW14 on PS3 right now what they're doing. They're playing golf.  In this game, and that's when there's 250 online on PC which is rare, probably the majority of them aren't even playing golf, they're creating golf courses.

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2019, 12:17:52 AM »
Basically HB, I know it's your first real step into live multiplayer but you get an absolute F in terms of making it seamless and easy to get the games that "WE" the players really want.  Once we're in the game runs great, but the problem is, your system is so jacked up no one makes it into a game to enjoy it.

It's basically always the same problem, making a game catering with the very few playing on PCs.

And to make it even worse, you know when there is 250 online TW14 on PS3 right now what they're doing. They're playing golf.  In this game, and that's when there's 250 online on PC which is rare, probably the majority of them aren't even playing golf, they're creating golf courses.
They're creating golf courses because this by far is the most developed part of the game. I get it, but they need to really amp up the social aspect for the younger generation and quit catering to senior citizens. No offense to senior citizens, but hb can't afford to not evolve.
Please HB,  give us a way to share user created society templates of our tour course schedules.

MERACE

• golf-beta
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2019, 12:18:41 AM »

And to make it even worse, you know when there is 250 online TW14 on PS3 right now what they're doing.

Probably the majority of those players are mashing on their controller button to make the ball spin in mid air after they hit it.  ;) ::)

-MERACE

MERACE

• golf-beta
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2019, 12:23:31 AM »
They're creating golf courses because this by far is the most developed part of the game. I get it, but they need to really amp up the social aspect for the younger generation and quit catering to senior citizens. No offense to senior citizens, but hb can't afford to not evolve.

I really do not see how HBS are "catering to senior citizens".  If they were "catering to senior citizens" wouldn't they have made it easier for the "senior citizens" to start a game in private multiplayer?  ???

-MERACE

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2019, 12:36:21 AM »

I really do not see how HBS are "catering to senior citizens".  If they were "catering to senior citizens" wouldn't they have made it easier for the "senior citizens" to start a game in private multiplayer?  ???

-MERACE
Good point, but my concern is valid in terms of HB being behind with live play and social expectations of the younger gaming crowd.
Please HB,  give us a way to share user created society templates of our tour course schedules.

ratherbegolfing4

« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2019, 06:33:36 PM »
I agree completely, I understand people do get disconnected from time to time but it’s getting ridiculous, award the win to the player who stays connected

dg727272

« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2019, 10:16:50 AM »
I agree completely, I understand people do get disconnected from time to time but it’s getting ridiculous, award the win to the player who stays connected

I agree with this comment. I'm in software development and each option in a system has a specific name. If someone selects the "Quit" option it should be very easy to determine that a player has intentionally left and not been disconnected due to poor wi-fi or other unintentional reason.

This is sad but I found myself having to "coddle" the ego of certain players to hopefully make them stay around and not quit...like not making a putt here and there. I'm not saying I'm a superior player but since I play masters sticks and I'm generally accurate it doesn't really encourage people to hang around to complete our little match. Unfortunate.

SSenator

« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2019, 09:53:11 AM »
I'm not doing Matchmaking again. Tried playing the other night and could not get a game finished. We tried 3 alt shot matches and all 3 quit after more than a couple holes. Only one went as far as 8,and they quit after going 1 down after 8!!
Played another match thinking people playing skins wouldn't quit because of the coins involved but sure enough after 7 holes they quit.
Friggin' ridiculous. I won't try that rubbish again.

The worst part is if you look at the completion boards I have finished like 2 games. Makes the ones that don't quit look like quitters because they don't finish games.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 08:30:15 AM by SSenator »
R.I.P. Divotmaker. It was my pleasure to have known you.

space-cash