New game

• 78 Replies

Nickha74

« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2019, 08:16:26 PM »
I really don't understand what you guys are doing then . You aren't supporting this game anymore and you are not saying if you are making a new game. So I'm confused on what you are hard at work at?   
                                      Exactly!! For some reason they won’t admit they’re done with 2019 which obviously they are. Just beating around the bush is all their responses are. All people wanna know is what’s the future. Is the future 2019 or something else. Apparently hard at work involves no new game and no updates to their current game. 

BTM-Dairyman

« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2019, 09:13:46 PM »
So shawn then why can't you tell us if a new golf game is in the works.

jeffbdvs

« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2019, 10:11:15 PM »
I really don't understand what you guys are doing then . You aren't supporting this game anymore and you are not saying if you are making a new game. So I'm confused on what you are hard at work at?
I don't normally ping developers for updates on what they're working on, because they need to spend time doing not talking.  But now is an exception to my rule: like Paul said, if you're not ready to announce or even tease a new version of the game, and if you won't talk about a roadmap for updating the current version of the game, then what the heck are you doing? If you are allocating resources for other games and can't give TGC 2019 any more love at this time, then please just tell us. Right now, we have nothing from you, you say you have nothing to tell us, and yet you are supposedly hard at work on something.

Is there some marketing or legal reason you can't say whether you plan to update 2019? Is there some marketing or legal reason you can't tell us that you are working on a new version of The Golf Club? Then tell us that. Keeping us in the dark since the last update doesn't seem to serve anyone's best interest. If your hands are tied regarding customer or general public communication, then tell us that. We can assume that, of course, but we all know what that makes us.
How did I make a twelve on a par five hole? It's simple - I missed a four foot putt for an eleven.
 - Arnold Palmer

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2019, 11:34:13 PM »
I think that everyone is getting too antsy here.....  they’ll tell us what they can when they can.  Period. That’s it.  Enjoy playing 2019 for the mean time.  I’ve got a helluva course in the works right now that I’m really having fun designing.  I have noticed some things working better than they did before.... but I’m not sure to attribute that to the game itself or my new PC.....
There are little nuggets of info and things happening which lead me to believe that 2020 is on the horizon.  I noticed today that there was a big Steam update.... which could be a precursor for the new game?  IDK.
I’m as anxious as anyone else here waiting for the new game, but pestering Shaun and getting ourselves all worked up about it won’t make it appear any faster.  Just be patient and enjoy the games we have.
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming.
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2X Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB m2 RAID level 0
EVGA GTX 1080 SC. Windows 10 64 Bit
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2019, 11:44:49 PM »
So shawn then why can't you tell us if a new golf game is in the works.

I don't think you're going to get his attention or respect by misspelling his name  ;)
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

FRSTDWN

« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2019, 11:54:22 PM »
I think that everyone is getting too antsy here.....  they’ll tell us what they can when they can.  Period. That’s it.  Enjoy playing 2019 for the mean time.  I’ve got a helluva course in the works right now that I’m really having fun designing.  I have noticed some things working better than they did before.... but I’m not sure to attribute that to the game itself or my new PC.....
There are little nuggets of info and things happening which lead me to believe that 2020 is on the horizon.  I noticed today that there was a big Steam update.... which could be a precursor for the new game?  IDK.
I’m as anxious as anyone else here waiting for the new game, but pestering Shaun and getting ourselves all worked up about it won’t make it appear any faster.  Just be patient and enjoy the games we have.

I'd rather they post nothing instead of not saying anything.

I still have a lot fun playing and very thankful for the game because without it there would be no golf to play on the Xbox. That being said a roadmap isn't that much to ask for at this stage of the game is it,?
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED

PGA Tour 2K21 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
https://twitch.tv/frstdwn4lw

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

kgboomer

« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2019, 12:21:12 AM »
I'd rather they post nothing instead of not saying anything.

I'm pretty sure that's their plan to post nothing, but they're somehow getting sucked into posting once in a while when there's too many either whining or fishing for more info.

Maybe they should just put the entire forum under maintenance until they really have something to say.  It's obvious there's a new game coming but they won't commit on anything for info because anything they will say, people will keep asking for more info just about every day.  Best to just keep their mouth shut.

jamescostanza

« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2019, 12:57:41 AM »
I have been quick to defend HB, but no more.  They should be able to tell us what they are hard at work on.  I don't care if it is another year away.  I just want to know what they are hard at work on.  Could it be they are putting new toilet paper holders in the rest room?

Jimgem

• GroupMember
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2019, 01:52:35 AM »
I have been quick to defend HB, but no more.  They should be able to tell us what they are hard at work on.  I don't care if it is another year away.  I just want to know what they are hard at work on.  Could it be they are putting new toilet paper holders in the rest room?

And meanwhile at HB_Studios.... ;D

:( :( :'( :'(
Lian Li 011 Dynamic Case
i9 9900k 4.5Ghz
MSI GTX 1080ti
H150i Pro RGB(AIO)
Aorus Master Z390 m-board
16Gb Corsair Pro Vengeance RGB Ram
Corsair Scimitar Mouse
Xbox 360 Controller
Corsair K70 Lux RGB keyboard
Youtube TGC 2019 playlist- https://goo.gl/P2Xdxc

DaveT

« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2019, 04:56:56 AM »

Why should they? Its their product and their hard work, they can do what they want with it ...

... the entitlement round here these days, sheessssh ...
COURSES:

- Camp Crystal Lake 
- Haddonfield Country Club
- Antonio Bay (The Fog)
- Overlook Hotel & Country Club

Icyken

« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2019, 06:40:10 AM »
Suppose it is hard work , designing all the
New grasses , plants trees and shrubs , and
adding new backgrounds , fixing the water
features , lighting , bunkers , making flexible
rocks for Dan !
 Just isn't enough hours in the day.  ???
2K21 , Courses

Helensburgh , GC. Tour
   Ayrshire Gailes. Tour
   Rosemount , Scotland
   St Nicholas , Prestwick

Jimgem

• GroupMember
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2019, 08:40:26 AM »

Why should they? Its their product and their hard work, they can do what they want with it ...

I don't think it's entitlement' i think it's more of what we where used to and what we once had and more of what HB was built upon with it's community.If you have been here since the beginning then you know that we had openness/comunication' road maps' dev streams not just community manager streams (No offence to Keith) as those where great but maybe once a month sometimes longer a stream from the game producer who was very willing to answer questions and very open and honest about what was going on with the game.

Now it's a total 360 where we have nothing on updates, whats happening' no interaction at all' it all just feels like they don't really care about the community - (could this be publisher related? i don't know).It's one of the things that set this dev team apart from other companies and now they are just like any other company' I suppose that's not a bad thing if that's the way they want to be percieved these days but as i said it's just a total 360 to how they once where.I think that's where alot of the snarky comments stem from.Well these are just my opinions but it's something that i felt was very special about HB and now "meh"  like i said are just like any other games company and that's a bit sad i think as they had something special with their community.. :'(
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 08:42:26 AM by Jimgem »
Lian Li 011 Dynamic Case
i9 9900k 4.5Ghz
MSI GTX 1080ti
H150i Pro RGB(AIO)
Aorus Master Z390 m-board
16Gb Corsair Pro Vengeance RGB Ram
Corsair Scimitar Mouse
Xbox 360 Controller
Corsair K70 Lux RGB keyboard
Youtube TGC 2019 playlist- https://goo.gl/P2Xdxc

DaveT

« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2019, 09:15:56 AM »

I don't think it's entitlement' i think it's more of what we where used to and what we once had and more of what HB was built upon with it's community.If you have been here since the beginning then you know that we had openness/comunication' road maps' dev streams not just community manager streams (No offence to Keith) as those where great but maybe once a month sometimes longer a stream from the game producer who was very willing to answer questions and very open and honest about what was going on with the game.

Now it's a total 360 where we have nothing on updates, whats happening' no interaction at all' it all just feels like they don't really care about the community - (could this be publisher related? i don't know).It's one of the things that set this dev team apart from other companies and now they are just like any other company' I suppose that's not a bad thing if that's the way they want to be percieved these days but as i said it's just a total 360 to how they once where.I think that's where alot of the snarky comments stem from.Well these are just my opinions but it's something that i felt was very special about HB and now "meh"  like i said are just like any other games company and that's a bit sad i think as they had something special with their community.. :'(

But maybe that's because there are no updates.  If there's no need for them to be on here interacting with us because there's nothing they need to ask us and their time is better spent elsewhere, that's how it is.

I'm sure when there's news we'll hear about it, and until then I'll enjoy my time with TGC2019 ... some folk coming on hear saying "I demand to know what's going on now", I mean, have some dignity and decorum  :D
COURSES:

- Camp Crystal Lake 
- Haddonfield Country Club
- Antonio Bay (The Fog)
- Overlook Hotel & Country Club

bigtee

« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2019, 10:53:05 AM »
I wouldn't expect a new noteable update for tgc2019, but i'd expect a new tgc - that's how i read it. I think someone laid out before why you can't make early announcements. Also, hb is the developer and not the publisher, so the announcement isn't theirs to make as such. The good news is two-fold, lidar /lidar users inject more interest in the game, and the longer it takes a game to come out, the more likely the game is going to be better or meet expectations. I feel as if tgc2019 still has enough credit left in the metre.

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2019, 11:56:50 AM »
Suppose it is hard work , designing all the
New grasses , plants trees and shrubs , and
adding new backgrounds , fixing the water
features , lighting , bunkers , making flexible
rocks for Dan !
 Just isn't enough hours in the day.  ???

LOL......  ;D
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming.
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2X Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB m2 RAID level 0
EVGA GTX 1080 SC. Windows 10 64 Bit
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

space-cash