New game

• 78 Replies

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2019, 12:59:18 PM »
My takeaway from Shaun's statement is that HBS has to be so non committal that they can't even mention that they're hard at work on the next TGC game, he had to couch it as an "upcoming product".  That hints of 2K restraint to me, but that's my layman's view on it.
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2019, 01:13:47 PM »
I really don't understand what you guys are doing then . You aren't supporting this game anymore and you are not saying if you are making a new game. So I'm confused on what you are hard at work at?
I have been quick to defend HB, but no more.  They should be able to tell us what they are hard at work on.  I don't care if it is another year away.  I just want to know what they are hard at work on.  Could it be they are putting new toilet paper holders in the rest room?

Why should they? Its their product and their hard work, they can do what they want with it ...

... the entitlement round here these days, sheessssh ...

Because they want to sell as much as possible of it at a good profit level? That is usually the objective for a product...

It’s usually somewhat better from a marketing point of view to have the core fans spreading the word of - “Great game and really attentive and engaging dev team” rather than “Yeah, the game is good but the dev team is not listening to the community and is keeping everyone in the dark”...

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2019, 01:16:32 PM »
My takeaway from Shaun's statement is that HBS has to be so non committal that they can't even mention that they're hard at work on the next TGC game, he had to couch it as an "upcoming product".  That hints of 2K restraint to me, but that's my layman's view on it.

Or - that the future of the franchise is actually up in the air, they got bogged down in a feature that sounded great but that they can’t get to work properly or that they are running skeleton crew due to other commitments as TGC is not providing the ROI they need to expand their teams.

Those are other explanations that fit the communication we are seeing (or rather not seeing).

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2019, 01:19:27 PM »

Or - that the future of the franchise is actually up in the air, they got bogged down in a feature that sounded great but that they can’t get to work properly or that they are running skeleton crew due to other commitments as TGC is not providing the ROI they need to expand their teams.

Those are other explanations that fit the communication we are seeing (or rather not seeing).

Yep, those are on the table also... thanks for adding them to the discussion.
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

HB_ShaunW

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2019, 01:38:55 PM »

You guys work yourselves up creating these ideas of what is happening. This is not an uncommon practice for any developer to take when they're working on something... I've said it countless times that we're always here keeping an eye on what's being said about 2019. Just because we're not engaging through posts doesn't mean there is some grand conspiracy going on with the future of TGC or HB. The simple fact is there's nothing for us to share at this time or make official. Once there is a steady stream of content/information to share about anything we're working on, you will know and be involved. Working with 2K is far from restricting as well, they have a team dedicated to marketing and publishing their products and do a very good job at that. Sure it's different than TGC1 but different is better in my opinion and lets the dev team focus on what's critical, making the best games we can.

bigtee

« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2019, 02:09:32 PM »
Shaun - has game with gold and game pass had the effect on tgc you were hoping for ?

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2019, 02:29:21 PM »
It’s not an uncommon practice, but it’s also not best practice. Plenty of game devs that have understood that community engagement is a key success factor and that publish road maps and discuss design choices.

Nothing in that reply really takes any of the scenarios mentioned off the table.

Gcs Insane

« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2019, 02:43:48 PM »
I'll tell u what I never played the game until it was on games with gold and now I'm officially hooked. If they do release another I'll be preordering it for sure so it worked on me lol..

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2019, 03:05:34 PM »
The simple fact is there's nothing for us to share at this time or make official. Once there is a steady stream of content/information to share about anything we're working on, you will know and be involved. Working with 2K is far from restricting as well, they have a team dedicated to marketing and publishing their products and do a very good job at that. Sure it's different than TGC1 but different is better in my opinion and lets the dev team focus on what's critical, making the best games we can.

Shaun, in your last three posts, including the one above where I've underlined "anything",  where you've addressed questions about the future of the TGC franchise, you've avoided using the word "golf" or "The Golf Club" when speaking of future tense:

"We will share information about all and any of our products as soon as there is news we can put out there."    http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.php/topic,27906.msg337523.html#msg337523

"We simply don't have anything to share about our current line-up or upcoming products. We're hard at work as I have mentioned, and when that results in news/content/information of value to share this will obviously be one of the first places that gets that. E3 is a big time for many products but they're there because they're ready to tease or start talking about their products. When that time comes for whatever is next for us, E3 or not, you won't miss it." http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.php/topic,28517.msg342499.html#msg342499

I hope you can understand how this is perceived to be a deflection to those who are interested in a golf game, or The Golf Club franchise itself. :-\
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2019, 03:10:32 PM »
I'll tell u what I never played the game until it was on games with gold and now I'm officially hooked. If they do release another I'll be preordering it for sure so it worked on me lol..

You're not alone... I"ve read dozens of post "Games With Gold" release that say the exact same thing!  Unfortunately, you've got a number of two word, 1 star, drive-by (cough)... "reviews" that say "game sux" or "golf sux", which offset the overall review score to a 3 star... (sigh).
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

SweetTeeBag

• GroupMember
« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2019, 03:35:26 PM »
HB might be under a 1 year NDA from 2K so maybe no news until Aug 28th 2019.

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2019, 03:39:51 PM »
I think Shaun “said” it best with the photo on his post.........  Let’s all TAKE OFF our tin foil hats now.
I sincerely doubt that Shaun would be mentioning anything here UNLESS there is a new GOLF game in the works......  are any of us here on this forum looking for a different kind of game from them?
There will be news when there’s news.  I hope that’s soon, but me hoping and complaining about it here isn’t going to make it happen any sooner.
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming.
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2X Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB m2 RAID level 0
EVGA GTX 1080 SC. Windows 10 64 Bit
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2019, 03:59:19 PM »
Maybe they have to discontinue the game since the horrible LiDAR monster crept in and messed their servers and source code up... It may be all lumpy now...

;-)

Stan Solo

« Reply #58 on: June 14, 2019, 04:18:03 PM »

bigtee

« Reply #59 on: June 14, 2019, 04:22:13 PM »
 :) Stan

space-cash