XBL is all jacked up

• 5 Replies

FRSTDWN

« on: June 19, 2019, 09:22:42 PM »
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED!

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TGC 2019 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2019, 11:10:03 AM »
I had things go a little bit slower than normal, but by 10:00 PM EDT, everything was back to normal.
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2019, 01:37:10 PM »
I got really solid and consistent service out of every aspect of XBox Live over the last three days, TGC 2019 included.  Anyone else still having problems? 

The only anomaly I'm seeing with TGC 2019, and this goes back to day one honestly, is when I'm trying to find someone roughly even with where I'm standing in a TGC Tours tournament, and I get to page 16 or 17 of the leaderboard (which sadly is as high as I get to look after then second round  :D), I get a lot of listings with no player names.  They're not always together either; there will just be gaps with no names, followed by more with names.
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

FRSTDWN

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2019, 02:20:48 PM »
Considering the amount of traffic XBL gets I would say it does a great job. ONce in a while they have issues but they fix it very fast.

Yesterday played my two first rounds for my society and TST and the loading icon was MIA for the most part.  I think I only had one VF swing. I wish I knew what caused the loading icon to go nuts. If I knew when it was going to happen I would avoid playing my society rounds.  I guess HB is never going to tell us why it happens considering I made a thread about it and NADA.

RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED!

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TGC 2019 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2019, 01:34:18 PM »
I noticed something this morning that *may* apply to XBL performance with TGC 2019.  I was getting some spotty animation hiccups while playing a Society tournament round.  I thought about just rebooting my XBox One X and resuming to see if that would help.  I moved my AV receiver remote and accidentally pressed the input button that displays my gaming PC to the same display.  I noticed I had about 8 tabs open in Chrome, one of which was a You Tube broadcast I'd been listening to earlier. 

I shut down all of these tabs and closed Chrome.  I then went back to my Society round that had been giving trouble earlier, and experienced only the occasional swing start hesitations that I normally see.  My XBox One X and my gaming PC are supplied by the same ethernet switch and are of course coming from the same network.  This didn't stop me from making any more bogeys in the round, because I still had two, but at least I didn't have another QUAD like I had on the opening hole!  From now on, Chrome will be shut down on the PC before I play a round on the X!
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2019, 07:05:28 AM »
I was experiencing a good bit of hesitation and "judder" yesterday afternoon, around 4 PM, as I played the second round of a Casuals Golf Society round.  I remembered that I had left Chrome open on my PC, with multiple browser windows open, including a you tube podcast I'd been listening to.  My XBox One X shares the same ethernet switch that this PC does.  I switched my display over to the PC, via my Home Theater Receiver and shut down Chrome altogether. 

I went back into my game an notices that the hesitation and judder weren't as obvious as it had been previously.  It's amazing how sensitive this game is to network and server performance when swinging a club, and displaying a shot result, when seemingly so little data is needed to be transferred at those times ??? :-\  Still, it wasn't as smooth as a round I played three or four hours later.  It always seems the worst performance times for me are between 3 and 6 PM EDT, for some reason.
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

space-cash