Magnolia has just become a banned word in course names

• 4 Replies

ChaswW

« on: August 19, 2019, 05:44:37 PM »
My Courses that include the word Magnolia as of today have had that word replaced with ********.One of these courses is handicapped and has over 500 plays as well as being approved for the TGCTours.What the helll is going on? I complained in the thread about course plays not updating so I guess this is what my punishment will be.Unbelievable!!
My Courses

Haunted Hills C.C.(HCP)(Night)
Kong's Skull Island
Voodoo Island(Night)
Moonbase Alpha(HCP)(Night)
TPC @ Red Planet(Night)
Devil's Pitchfork G.C.(Night)
RTJ Trail-Magnolia Grove(HCP)
RTJ-Magnolia Grove Moonlight(Night)
Crimson Valley G.C.
Achilles Hills
Ghouls & Goblins G.C.(HCP)(Night)

NobleMan

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2019, 09:58:02 PM »
You are correct Chas.  Apparently ANGC has contacted HB and told them to remove any reference of Magnolia or any other words they own in any course name....  It is not just your course. 
« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 10:06:56 PM by Sum4uandSum4u »

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2019, 12:40:51 PM »
I don't think it's as much about the word "Magnolia" as it is their property being digitized for entertainment purposes by people with access to tools that can make a pretty close duplicate.

While I love these recreations,  As a musician and song writer,  I would be pissed off if someone was doing covers of my songs and calling them by different names in a game that got substantial traffic.
Please HB,  give us a way to share user created society templates of our tour course schedules.

neilwilkes

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2019, 09:52:21 AM »
How can ANGC own the word "Magnolia" for crying out loud?
It's an effing flower!!

jeffbdvs

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2019, 06:37:00 PM »
How can ANGC own the word "Magnolia" for crying out loud?
It's an effing flower!!
Don't forget "Azalea". It's an effing flower, too. I figure "Chinese Fir" is next, along with "Georgia" and "National". Oh, and don't forget "The". As in "The" Masters.
How did I make a twelve on a par five hole? It's simple - I missed a four foot putt for an eleven.
 - Arnold Palmer

space-cash