Swing Glitches with Incomplete Feedback Lines

• 9 Replies

Turbot-Tickler

« on: June 26, 2019, 02:32:12 PM »
@HB_AdamF

PS4 Pro - Master Clubs

I've been scratching my head for a while at the way that the game interprets the inputs when curtailed and have found that if you produce what is known as a "short-swing" and finish with your line outside of the feedback channel to the left, the ball still flies straight  :o

If you do so to the right, its a little more difficult to control, but again, a lot of shots fly very straight. More practice and I'm sure I could nail it.

Evidence #1 - Me messing about on the range. https://youtu.be/yuo1iwV0g-o

Evidence #2 - https://youtu.be/GOKJkkH9yr0

I played 9 holes purposefully trying to hit it as far left as possible, but keeping the swing short. It was alarming how straight I could hit it, as long as my feedback line didn't complete it's travel toward the extreme of the  feedback circle.
I then played 9 holes trying to push it the other way, with less success, but I was a lot worse at keeping the feedback line short.

Surely this can't be operating as intended?

Happy to help with any further testing and would welcome feedback.

Cheers
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 08:49:35 AM by Turbot-Tickler »

Turbot-Tickler

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 08:27:06 PM »
I know the admin must be busy, but it's a real shame that something as broken as this hasn't managed to garner a response as yet :(

moneyman273

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2019, 12:25:15 AM »
HB will be on this very soon I'm quite sure. I have confidence that your known bug will be addressed, along with the other 20 bugs/issues that paying customers are waiting on answers for.  Keep the faith   ;D

GW_Hope

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2019, 09:39:03 AM »
Glad to see somebody else discovering and posting the swing glitch. It’s a real issue. Please HB at least consider some minor changes to short swinging. I wouldn’t be a huge deal if the game was single player but this a multiplayer game and most developers at least try to remove exploits to keeps their games fair.
Keep up the good work!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 09:40:48 AM by GW_Hope »

Martbloke

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2019, 08:23:25 AM »
Glad to see somebody else discovering and posting the swing glitch. It’s a real issue. Please HB at least consider some minor changes to short swinging. I wouldn’t be a huge deal if the game was single player but this a multiplayer game and most developers at least try to remove exploits to keeps their games fair.
Keep up the good work!

Agreed. I for one wouldn't mind them making it so distance is affected by short swinging at the very least i.e. proportionally less distance dependent on how short the follow through was. Would soon get people doing a full swing and if by accident you don't follow through (e.g. finger(s) slip off the controller), then things like this happen IRL with a swing anyways so oh well.

In relation to direction, maybe also add in with the above, taking the starting point of the DS and the end point of the DS however short that is, to calculate the angle of direction of where the swing plane is going so if slightly left, a pull is the result not straight. I'm sure this kind of calculation is already there but if through Turbot's testing above that even if the plane is swung left that the ball is going straight because the swing was short, then something isn't working as it should be.

Turbot-Tickler

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2019, 05:03:47 AM »
Helloooooooooo...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

leslie.sangster

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2019, 07:24:40 AM »
Your all wasting your time HB are finished with this game and there will be no more patches forthcoming.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Turbot-Tickler

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2019, 08:00:13 AM »
As long as they fix it for next time... I’m ok with that.

leslie.sangster

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2019, 08:28:57 AM »

That could be a while off

Turbot-Tickler

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2019, 10:03:52 AM »

That could be a while off

My worry, is that there isn’t any admission whatsoever that this is a problem. This and the short swing (sort of hand in hand).

If they say - ok it’s an issue, we’re addressing in the future but don’t have a team / budget available - fine. But there’s nothing, in fact, previously it was stated to be working as intended. That’s my concern.

space-cash