Dog Days

• 21 Replies

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« on: July 03, 2019, 07:32:10 PM »
It seems like we've arrived at the Dog Days stage of TGC 2019, here all of the sudden.  We've only had four posts in this section since June 26th.  It had to happen though; it's summer, there's no news simmering about The Golf Club 2020, or even 2019 for that matter.  There's still some Society activity that's keeping the pot stirred for me, but this lack of buzz for the game in the general forum always makes me wonder if the marketplace interest is following suite? 
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Jeff from Edmonds

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2019, 11:03:06 AM »
i visit the boards once or twice a week to try to learn about societies and design but i'm not much of a poster myself. i came to the game via Xbox Gold a couple months back and love it. i'll even check out a mixer stream when i'm at work to watch some game play and see what others do.

i've been grinding on the tour mode most of the time but would like to get into some societies and online play. i'm still struggling on Pro Clubs and not tried Masters yet.

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2019, 11:24:59 AM »
i visit the boards once or twice a week to try to learn about societies and design but i'm not much of a poster myself. i came to the game via Xbox Gold a couple months back and love it. i'll even check out a mixer stream when i'm at work to watch some game play and see what others do.

i've been grinding on the tour mode most of the time but would like to get into some societies and online play. i'm still struggling on Pro Clubs and not tried Masters yet.

I'm always interested in reading reports from people who discovered the game via the XBox Free Games With Gold feature, so thanks for posting this!  Had you considered the game at all prior to the "Free" release?  I'd be really curious to learn how many people actually picked the game up during that promotion, and how much it's affected the number of TGC 2019 XBox One gamers online, on average.  That all seems to be considered classified information by most retailers and publishers though. :-\

I'd say you're doing the right thing sticking with Pro clubs.  Ultimately, I prefer the dynamic nature of the Master clubs, but I'm having a heck of a time with tempo management with them here of late.  I also find that to be competitive in the Societies in which I play, I have to use Pro clubs.  It seems like 80 to 90% of those playing in Societies where all club types are allowed go with Pro clubs.  I'm not a world beater with them, but I would say my average score would be four or five strokes less with Pro clubs.

I'd recommend you try a Society or two out.  I like the fact that I can sort the ghost balls by score, when I'm selecting a ghost ball or two with which to play.  I'll find a couple that I think would be near me on the leaderboard and play with them.  I usually don't have turn enabled, for the sake of time, but I enjoy seeing evidence of activity, ie. balls in flight and rolling, outside of my own.  It has much more presence and dynamics than playing against a floating bell curve of scores being displayed from players whom you never see in any shape or form.
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Jeff from Edmonds

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2019, 03:35:59 PM »

I'm always interested in reading reports from people who discovered the game via the XBox Free Games With Gold feature, so thanks for posting this!  Had you considered the game at all prior to the "Free" release?  I'd be really curious to learn how many people actually picked the game up during that promotion, and how much it's affected the number of TGC 2019 XBox One gamers online, on average.  That all seems to be considered classified information by most retailers and publishers though. :-\

i had my eye on it for a few months but the spousal unit limts me to only a few game purchases a year. somehow i missed the Xbox sale where they had it for $30 but a few weeks later was available to Gold members and i jumped on it day 1.

i'm playing a PGA Tour round every morning before work and 2 or 3 rounds saturday and sunday mornings. i don't get much game time outside those hours so it's been hard to get online match making to get me in a group.

FRSTDWN

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2019, 08:07:37 PM »
I would not say I have lost interest but besides playing the two sim societies I'm in a couple private matches here and there I don't play as much as I used to. I used to play a lot more offline. I would play all the new RCRs or whatever good new course was out. Now im like meh... rather shoot some people on PUBG. With about 3 weeks my society ends and TST will be getting close to ending. Then I'm guessing I will play a lot less. It's to bad it's a good game but they have completely just left us in the dark on a new game coming out or not. There is zero excitement around here. I don't get their business plan or model but it sure has very little marketing attached to it.

One positive is the MP club keeps growing. It's close to 1400 members. I was going to do something really cool for it but  I'm not investing money into a product that I have no idea what the future is.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 08:13:16 PM by FRSTDWN »
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED!

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TGC 2019 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2019, 09:30:08 PM »
I would not say I have lost interest but besides playing the two sim societies I'm in a couple private matches here and there I don't play as much as I used to. I used to play a lot more offline. I would play all the new RCRs or whatever good new course was out. Now im like meh... rather shoot some people on PUBG. With about 3 weeks my society ends and TST will be getting close to ending. Then I'm guessing I will play a lot less. It's to bad it's a good game but they have completely just left us in the dark on a new game coming out or not. There is zero excitement around here. I don't get their business plan or model but it sure has very little marketing attached to it.

One positive is the MP club keeps growing. It's close to 1400 members. I was going to do something really cool for it but  I'm not investing money into a product that I have no idea what the future is.

I think that maybe if you got into the designer part of the game it might help.  You’ve been around a while and played a lot of courses.  Put that experience into some new creations !!!
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming.
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2X Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB m2 RAID level 0
EVGA GTX 1080 SC. Windows 10 64 Bit
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

FRSTDWN

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2019, 09:52:31 PM »
I have tried it but I have no patience for it . Wish I did because talking to Royce he makes it sound very relaxing. Certainly appreciate you guys that put all that time into it. Obviously without these amazing desingers this game would be collecting dust for a lot of us.
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED!

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TGC 2019 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2019, 10:45:34 AM »
I've cut back from playing 4 Societies to 3, and two of them have events happening every day of the week.  It still takes up the lion's share of my playing time playing those three rounds a day, on most days.  If the online multiplayer were more configurable and flexible, I'd probably give up one of those Societies and play more multiplayer.

RMD, I've tried designing and I see the allure of it, but... I have ZERO artisitic ability.  My courses suck out loud that I've tried to make.  No matter what I do, they have an underlying auto-gen look to them and I know if I don't want to play them, nobody else would.  But yes, I do see how the process of designing and creating courses can be so compelling!

I know that this isn't going to play well with you, but I'm trying to learn how to use Chad Golf's LiDAR tool package to see if that can get me over the hump.  I think the OSM tool it contains will also help someone who is as artistically challenged as me.
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2019, 06:01:16 PM »
I've cut back from playing 4 Societies to 3, and two of them have events happening every day of the week.  It still takes up the lion's share of my playing time playing those three rounds a day, on most days.  If the online multiplayer were more configurable and flexible, I'd probably give up one of those Societies and play more multiplayer.

RMD, I've tried designing and I see the allure of it, but... I have ZERO artisitic ability.  My courses suck out loud that I've tried to make.  No matter what I do, they have an underlying auto-gen look to them and I know if I don't want to play them, nobody else would.  But yes, I do see how the process of designing and creating courses can be so compelling!

I know that this isn't going to play well with you, but I'm trying to learn how to use Chad Golf's LiDAR tool package to see if that can get me over the hump.  I think the OSM tool it contains will also help someone who is as artistically challenged as me.

The LiDAR data might help as far as giving you a starting point but the OSM will only allow you to trace courses that are available. 
One idea you might try is to Autogen a course and then turn the bunkers off and dial down all the surfaces.  Then your holes are roughly laid out and you can make it the way you want it.
It’s not a race.  You can work on it a little at a time.  Good Luck
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming.
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2X Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB m2 RAID level 0
EVGA GTX 1080 SC. Windows 10 64 Bit
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2019, 07:45:37 PM »
If I'm being honest,  what I loved about HB of yesteryear was their engagement with "US" the community..  They made great strides to correcting issues I had with the game with tgc19 but they still botched the multiplayer setup for me.  Quick games were littered with cheesers whom manipulated master club users and the private matches we're a debacle in my opinion.  Way too hard to setup a game with a stranger and it felt like you had to be chatting to get it to work which is lame..  The game was better though,  but without the community and developer banter, and still half erect multiplayer I had my fill..   I got my moneys worth,  but I would be lying if I didn't say I was excited for what they might be cooking up.
Please HB,  give us a way to share user created society templates of our tour course schedules.

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2019, 02:55:08 PM »
It seems I've reached a crossroads of apathy here recently, not only towards golf gaming, but gaming in general.  I've played one round of TGC 2019 in the last week, and pretty much willed my way through it.  Of the two Societies I was most active in, The Casuals Golf Club and Digital Sportspage, the first had to be shut down due to lack of players and the latter is struggling to get 3 or 4 people to play in the Daily tournaments, which run Monday through Wednesdays. 

I think I've just burned out on golf period.  I have no desire to go play a round at the local course, no desire to even go to the practice range to hit some balls, no desire to watch golf on TV, nor read about it online or in print. 

It's not just golf and golf gaming though.  As good as NASCAR HEAT 4, F1 2019, Outer Worlds, Rocket League, and Elite Dangerous are, I'm finding myself drawn to them less frequently and devoting less time to them when I am.  There's an initial adrenaline rush when I start playing them, but 30 to 45 minutes later and I've had enough.

I was looking forward to doing more gaming in the Fall and the coming Winter, but if the trend continues that certainly won't happen.  I'm kind of glad that there's not a new TGC release immanent right now because I'm doubtful at this point that even it would pull me out of my malaise.

I think I just need to take a total break from golf and golf gaming and throttle back on my other gaming in accordance with my simmering interests in other games.
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

zimrahil

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2019, 04:17:13 PM »
It seems I've reached a crossroads of apathy here recently, not only towards golf gaming, but gaming in general.  I've played one round of TGC 2019 in the last week, and pretty much willed my way through it.  Of the two Societies I was most active in, The Casuals Golf Club and Digital Sportspage, the first had to be shut down due to lack of players and the latter is struggling to get 3 or 4 people to play in the Daily tournaments, which run Monday through Wednesdays. 

I think I've just burned out on golf period.  I have no desire to go play a round at the local course, no desire to even go to the practice range to hit some balls, no desire to watch golf on TV, nor read about it online or in print. 

It's not just golf and golf gaming though.  As good as NASCAR HEAT 4, F1 2019, Outer Worlds, Rocket League, and Elite Dangerous are, I'm finding myself drawn to them less frequently and devoting less time to them when I am.  There's an initial adrenaline rush when I start playing them, but 30 to 45 minutes later and I've had enough.

I was looking forward to doing more gaming in the Fall and the coming Winter, but if the trend continues that certainly won't happen.  I'm kind of glad that there's not a new TGC release immanent right now because I'm doubtful at this point that even it would pull me out of my malaise.

I think I just need to take a total break from golf and golf gaming and throttle back on my other gaming in accordance with my simmering interests in other games.

For JCauthen to say this can only mean.......the world has ended  :P

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2019, 04:24:40 PM »
Sad to read,JC mr computer golf lets just hope its only a temporary bump in the road,Got to say through i 100% understand how he feels.

IIJohnnyRingoII

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2019, 04:28:00 PM »

I totally understand where you are coming from.  I truly love golf, and especially video golf.  But as much as I like the TGC franchise, the game has simply smoldered out for me.  Nothing new was introduced into the game since its inception, and the little bit of free time I do have, there was nothing left in TGC to keep me hooked.  I wish that were not true, that there were daily challenges, rewards, etc..etc that gave one a reason to log in every day to the HB Studios servers.  Something.  Anything. 

I picked up MLB The Show 19 for free via the PS Plus free games of October, and I have been playing that almost every day, just trying to level up, and get the various carrots on a stick that the game developer provides via "in game currency" from defeating challenges.

I will never be a pay for play customer, so Sony/San Diego Studios will never get a dime out of me via micro transactions, but I have built a 90 overall rated team in Diamond Dynasty in under a month without spending a dime.

I hope with the cold/winter months fast approaching I will get back into video golf.  It would be nice to catch up with my old friends.

karma4u

• GroupMember
  • I'm watchin' you.
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2019, 07:05:58 PM »
Gotta say, that when it comes to TGC, HB are definitely not doing themselves any good by not participating in any forum discussions.

I still love this game, mainly because of my involvement with TGCTours, but HB Studios with their continued silence has definitely soured my opinion towards them.

space-cash