Dog Days

• 21 Replies

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2019, 10:53:31 PM »
For JCauthen to say this can only mean.......the world has ended  :P

LOL... I would have agreed with you six months ago, but right now it's more a case of a new world has started.  I opted for an early retirement in December of last year, and ironically, that has changed my gaming habits.  For whatever reason, I don't have the desire to game as much and for as long as I did when I was working.  I've got a lot of other non-business pursuits that have come along and are occupying me.

I think the biggest thing though is that I've just played so much golf, and particularly video game golf, that I'm just over satiated with it.  I'll have a new appetite come early February, most likely.  I had a heavy run with TGC 2019 that pretty much fizzled out last month, but it was a healthy 15 to 17 month run.  I'm heavy into both college football (Duke Blue Devils) and pro football (Carolina Panthers), and really... just IRL football in general and that is tapping heavily into my leisure time.

All of this is subject to change in the next couple of weeks though :D
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2019, 10:57:31 PM »
I totally understand where you are coming from.  I truly love golf, and especially video golf.  But as much as I like the TGC franchise, the game has simply smoldered out for me.  Nothing new was introduced into the game since its inception, and the little bit of free time I do have, there was nothing left in TGC to keep me hooked.  I wish that were not true, that there were daily challenges, rewards, etc..etc that gave one a reason to log in every day to the HB Studios servers.  Something.  Anything. 

I picked up MLB The Show 19 for free via the PS Plus free games of October, and I have been playing that almost every day, just trying to level up, and get the various carrots on a stick that the game developer provides via "in game currency" from defeating challenges.

I will never be a pay for play customer, so Sony/San Diego Studios will never get a dime out of me via micro transactions, but I have built a 90 overall rated team in Diamond Dynasty in under a month without spending a dime.

I hope with the cold/winter months fast approaching I will get back into video golf.  It would be nice to catch up with my old friends.

Nice to read the comments of someone who's on a similar path.  I thought seriously about MLB 2019, as I know it represents its real life sport better than any other.  Sadly, I'm only a baseball fan once the playoffs start and I fear that's not enough to carry me long in the video game.  I'm also not a PS Plus member... if I was, I'd have it in my collection right now.
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

FRSTDWN

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2019, 05:26:38 PM »
I had a friend who was number 1 in the world on MLB Show. They flew him out to the studios once. Amazing Madden player as well. Lost contact with him though.

I play video golf no matter. It's the one thing I enjoy the most if the game can give the feeling I get on the course IRL. This game had done that for the most part.
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED!

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TGC 2019 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2019, 10:18:55 PM »
I’m keeping myself busy on the Course Creator.  It’s such a great creative outlet or me.  Still challenging figuring out new things after all these years.....
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming.
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2X Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB m2 RAID level 0
EVGA GTX 1080 SC. Windows 10 64 Bit
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2019, 10:04:14 AM »
I’m keeping myself busy on the Course Creator.  It’s such a great creative outlet or me.  Still challenging figuring out new things after all these years.....

Thanks for bringing that up.  I was about to take a stab a doing a LiDAR version of my local course on the PC version a while back and forgot about it.  I know you don't like LiDAR, but the base topography building is what gives me a fit with the TGC course designer.  I might be able to see a playable course through to completion with the help of LiDAR.
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2019, 12:24:44 PM »

Thanks for bringing that up.  I was about to take a stab a doing a LiDAR version of my local course on the PC version a while back and forgot about it.  I know you don't like LiDAR, but the base topography building is what gives me a fit with the TGC course designer.  I might be able to see a playable course through to completion with the help of LiDAR.

If you put in the work,,, that’s one thing, using it as a shortcut (most people) to slap down a course and publish it is another.  I’m working on a project now with 2 sister courses visible to each other and the plot has plenty of character to me,  My designing style has changed.  People seem to want the more natural, less manicured type of courses so that’s what I’m doing now.  If you do it right and put the time in it could be a great project for a local course to play with your friends and neighbors.
Good luck with it. 
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming.
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2X Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB m2 RAID level 0
EVGA GTX 1080 SC. Windows 10 64 Bit
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

leslie.sangster

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2019, 12:13:19 PM »

If you put in the work,,, that’s one thing, using it as a shortcut (most people) to slap down a course and publish it is another.  I’m working on a project now with 2 sister courses visible to each other and the plot has plenty of character to me,  My designing style has changed.  People seem to want the more natural, less manicured type of courses so that’s what I’m doing now.  If you do it right and put the time in it could be a great project for a local course to play with your friends and neighbors.
Good luck with it.
Dan if you can put out a course that doesn’t look as manicured as some that you see in this game I will play it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

space-cash