Loving the game

• 9 Replies

davefv92c

« on: July 11, 2019, 08:46:40 PM »
i got to say after some good friends told me to give this a try i must say
i should have done it way before now. im having a blast with this game and will more then likely
spend the bulk of my playing time over here, just so much more to do here then that other golf title.

good job devs, and designers
MSI TRIDENT 3VR7-025. 16gb MEMORY.
GTX 1060 6gb. MSI OPTIX AG32C CURVED MONITOR 144HZ.
1gb CONNECTION. 240gb SSD. 1tB HARDDISK
RED DRAGON IMPACT M908 GAMING MOUSE.

Leicester Duck

• If Only.
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2019, 04:56:41 AM »
I could not agree more  :) ;D
Slower your swing down to a blur.

samterrence

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2019, 05:55:33 AM »
Welcome Dave, There are lots of converts from the other game, especially controller players who were excluded from the tours,
make sure you join TGC TOURS for an even better experience, takes the game to a new level.

davefv92c

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2019, 06:03:28 AM »
Welcome Dave, There are lots of converts from the other game, especially controller players who were excluded from the tours,
make sure you join TGC TOURS for an even better experience, takes the game to a new level.

i have joined the TGC Tours, i will get better at the game before i start tourney play
but from their website looks like there will be plenty to do. i got close to 9000 hrs in play on the other game but have gotten so bored with that game due to no updates or fixes in a few years and the devs will not speak on what is going to happen in the future nor fix the problems wiht the game. im here now and it would not surprise me if i dont play that other game much 1 round yesterday was all i played and the rest of my day was spent here learning.

thanks for the warm welcome fella's

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2019, 06:50:43 AM »
Welcome Dave, and if I recall correctly you're playing the PC version and using a PS4 controller, and possibly splitting time with a mouse as well?  I play most of the time on my XBox One X, using a Microsoft Elite controller (although it's out of commission right now with a stuck "down" button on the D-pad).  In the meanwhile, I'm using a stock XBox One controller.

I'm curious, what club set are you using?  I go between Pro and Master.  I prefer the more dynamic nature of Master clubs and the wider variety of shot outcomes they afford, but in most Society tournaments I find I have to use Pro clubs to be competitive, as is seems 75 to 80% of those playing are using Pro clubs.
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

weasek

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2019, 07:22:15 AM »
Hey john do u find it easier using your stock controller.

davefv92c

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2019, 07:36:25 AM »
Welcome Dave, and if I recall correctly you're playing the PC version and using a PS4 controller, and possibly splitting time with a mouse as well?  I play most of the time on my XBox One X, using a Microsoft Elite controller (although it's out of commission right now with a stuck "down" button on the D-pad).  In the meanwhile, I'm using a stock XBox One controller.

I'm curious, what club set are you using?  I go between Pro and Master.  I prefer the more dynamic nature of Master clubs and the wider variety of shot outcomes they afford, but in most Society tournaments I find I have to use Pro clubs to be competitive, as is seems 75 to 80% of those playing are using Pro clubs.
solid controller player here as i have been playing the golf games for years before the PC i always kept a PS system and went through all the EA TW series.
as for the clubs i played maybe 3 rounds with the beginner clubs but they are just to easy im on the pro clubs,and dont see it being to long before i move on up to the Master set as im already shooting under par with the pro clubs.

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2019, 11:01:44 AM »
Hey john do u find it easier using your stock controller.

I find it harder to avoid tempo problems.  The sensitivity of my XBox One controller I'm using is less than that of my Elite, and I'm getting more "Perfect/Slow" or "Slow/Slow" tempos with it. I can track the swing path better with it than the Elite, but when the tempo errors are more penal in this game than those of swing path, it's not a good trade!  I have got to fix the Elite today, I just miss it's more tactile feel!
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2019, 11:11:48 AM »
solid controller player here as i have been playing the golf games for years before the PC i always kept a PS system and went through all the EA TW series.
as for the clubs i played maybe 3 rounds with the beginner clubs but they are just to easy im on the pro clubs,and dont see it being to long before i move on up to the Master set as im already shooting under par with the pro clubs.

I enjoy Pro clubs, but when I can throw a bath towel over the tee shots of a ghost ball foursome in Society tournament play round, hole after hole, I realize something has been neutered beyond reason.  Nothing beats the sensation of shooting a 65 using Master clubs at Yeltzman's TGC 2019 Royal Birkdale!
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2019, 11:14:09 AM »
The game has a lot of good in it and, we are fortunate to have a dev team as interested in golf as all of us are.   lets hope the game stays strong and progresses thru the years into a top AAA title.  it certainly looks like it should.
Created RCR Courses: 
Links at Lighthouse Sound
nicknamed "The Pebble Beach of the East"

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

War Admiral at GlenRiddle
2017 top 40 places to play in Maryland

Legends- Moorland Course
#37 Toughest Course in U.S.- Golf Digest
Americas top courses '03 & '09

space-cash