Lahinch (RCR - 2019 Irish Open host)

• 36 Replies

theclv24

« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2019, 12:26:49 PM »
I've finally consumed all of my DVR coverage of the Irish Open, and I've released the tournament version under the published name Lahinch (2019 Irish Open).

I was able to make the greens more accurate, along with including the 4 pin locations from the tournament. The par is 70, with holes 2 and 4 playing as par 4's, and holes 12 and 18 playing as par 5's. The 18th plays from a longer tee (which is a forward tee of the 15th hole) and a new tee was added on the 13th hole.

Outside of that, I have added the couple of seating areas, lots of crowd in accurate locations, and lots of ad boards in accurate locations. The meter is maxed out, even after removing a bunch of houses in the distance, so this will be the final edition.

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2019, 12:51:31 PM »
Played without the crowds so can't comment on the difference there,loved playing the course as a par 70 and the pins from the event makes an amazing course even better,played in low winds and felt i played well for my scores.Couple of the Tee ad boards in sight eye line on my tee shots but nothing to effect my game really.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 01:00:26 PM by Yeltzman »

Cathalos1991

« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2019, 12:59:07 PM »
I've finally consumed all of my DVR coverage of the Irish Open, and I've released the tournament version under the published name Lahinch (2019 Irish Open).

I was able to make the greens more accurate, along with including the 4 pin locations from the tournament. The par is 70, with holes 2 and 4 playing as par 4's, and holes 12 and 18 playing as par 5's. The 18th plays from a longer tee (which is a forward tee of the 15th hole) and a new tee was added on the 13th hole.

Outside of that, I have added the couple of seating areas, lots of crowd in accurate locations, and lots of ad boards in accurate locations. The meter is maxed out, even after removing a bunch of houses in the distance, so this will be the final edition.

This is getting played as soon as I'm home from work :)

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Course Designer
- Old Head Golf Links
- Old Course @ Ballybunion
- The Emirates Golf Club
- The Celtic Manor Resort
- Wentworth
- Killeen Castle Golf Club
- Highgarden Golf Resort
- Druids Glen Golf Resort
- Cill Mhuire Na nGall
- Royal County Down
- Crans-sur-Sierre

theclv24

« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2019, 01:38:25 PM »
Played without the crowds so can't comment on the difference there,loved playing the course as a par 70 and the pins from the event makes an amazing course even better,played in low winds and felt i played well for my scores.Couple of the Tee ad boards in sight eye line on my tee shots but nothing to effect my game really.

Hmm, I wonder if I messed up and didn't test the tee shots with different views. On the view I use I tested them all and corrected a few where the ball was blocked out of view, but I didn't consider that there are a few different views to choose from.

Yeltzman

« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2019, 02:18:23 PM »
No mess up at all,perhaps its me who uses wrong view,it's not a total block just the corners or top on a couple of the tee shots on my view,Does not spoil it in any way.

bobby22

« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2019, 10:47:56 PM »
Played this course tonight. Very well done and very enjoyable to play.
Bear Trace (Harrison)                                         Memphis Country Club (L)

Yeltzman

« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2019, 07:44:52 AM »
Can't Find clv's St andrews thread anymore,but thought i post this pic from St andrews yesterday,i am sure  Old Tom morris will have still finished round.Hoping for something like this in future games burned out links to some standing water.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 07:49:18 AM by Yeltzman »

space-cash