Best Mouse DPI

• 4 Replies

jeffield

• GroupMember
« on: July 28, 2019, 07:21:59 PM »
So now that ive moved from my mid range gaming laptop to a much better gaming desktop as well as moved my gaming logitech 403 mouse over  i still see the golfers swing  (on screen) being behind the mouse movement.  Is there a good dpi setting that will move the golfer animation simultaneously with the mouse movement?
Created RCR Courses: 
Links at Lighthouse Sound
nicknamed "The Pebble Beach of the East"

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

War Admiral at GlenRiddle
2017 top 40 places to play in Maryland

Legends- Moorland Course
#37 Toughest Course in U.S.- Golf Digest
Americas top courses '03 & '09

TeRmYdOg70

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2019, 05:39:08 AM »
I am very new to this game but not PC Golf, so when you click the left mouse and start to pull it back it sets the golfer on his backswing ! ive tried a few different DPI's and between 900 & 1100 works ok with the windows speed being set to the middle setting ie 6 and 100% in the game setting. I start my backswing in the middle of the screen and give a swift pull back towards me but make the downswing quicker (push forward) . Not sure if there is a ratio involved like JNPG Perfect Golf which ment the downswing had to be quicker than the back ? Maybe some of the more experianced PC golfers could shed some light on how they play the game?

Brighttail

• GroupMember
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2019, 07:31:02 PM »
Hey there.

In answer to your question there is no DPI that is going to get your golfer's animation to be exactly in time with your swing.  That was part of TGC 1 and 2 but was taken out intentionally for this game because it game mouse players an unfair advantage over other platforms as we could literally stop our swing in the middle of the backswing and slowly 'tick' it back little by little and dial in a perfect 90% shot.

As for DPI, HB suggests between 800 and 1000 DPI with a mouse sensitivity of 49.  If you find that you are getting a lot more slow downswings, up the sensitivity. If you are getting a lot of fast downswings, lower the mouse sensitivity.

GL!

Leo222

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2019, 03:58:32 AM »
the higher the screen resolution, the more noticeable will be the trembling of the mouse cursor at low dpi. For example, at the 4K resolution of the monitor, the mouse cursor set to 200 dpi will jump to a larger number of pixels when shaking than with the FullHD monitor resolution
Gaming PC forever

gchewitt3

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2019, 06:14:53 PM »
I've been experimenting a really fast dpi of 3000 and find I have almost eliminated  slow back swings, but haven't solved my problem with fast down swings. Still too many of those.

space-cash