On Line Match

• 10 Replies

Doudar

« on: August 08, 2019, 11:11:12 AM »
How do you set up an On-Line match so that anyone can play?
Home Built i7-3820 3.6GHz Quad Core, 16G RAM, GTX 970 4GB, Windows 10 Pro 64bit.

Strangely strange yet oddly normal.
There are 10 types of people, those that understand binary and those that don't.

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2019, 12:13:45 PM »
You have to create the game and invite players on your friends list to it.  You can also create a "looking for group" post, get everyone in a party, then create a game from there.
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

SSenator

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2019, 08:42:29 AM »
A little more detail is, Go to Play now Column,Go down to Create Private Match and hit A. Then you can pick a course,change conditions,etc.
Once you do all that go to Create Match at bottom.Your Friends list will pop up,choose who you want in the match and put a check mark by their name.Once all the players are chosen hit the menu button to send the invites.This gets them in your In-Game party(not to be confused with the MS Chat party).
When all of the players are in the party hit Create match again and Voila! all the people should be placed at the Ready screen. Everyone readies up and away you go.

My suggestion is to not ready up until you see all of the other players characters appear. We've had issues if everyone doesn't wait.

Sorry Jon,I felt like talking a bit... ;)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 08:51:50 AM by SSenator »
R.I.P. Divotmaker. It was my pleasure to have known you.

Doudar

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2019, 11:22:54 AM »
Thanks gent's but I do not have the option to "Create Public Match". I am looking to create a mach that is open to anyone.

Home Built i7-3820 3.6GHz Quad Core, 16G RAM, GTX 970 4GB, Windows 10 Pro 64bit.

Strangely strange yet oddly normal.
There are 10 types of people, those that understand binary and those that don't.

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2019, 11:31:41 AM »
A little more detail is, Go to Play now Column,Go down to Create Public Match and hit A. Then you can pick a course,change conditions,etc.
Once you do all that go to Create Match at bottom.Your Friends list will pop up,choose who you want in the match and put a check mark by their name.Once all the players are chosen hit the menu button to send the invites.This gets them in your In-Game party(not to be confused with the MS Chat party).
When all of the players are in the party hit Create match again and Voila! all the people should be placed at the Ready screen. Everyone readies up and away you go.

My suggestion is to not ready up until you see all of the other players characters appear. We've had issues if everyone doesn't wait.

Sorry Jon,I felt like talking a bit... ;)

No, you're fine Terry... I was in a doctor's office waiting room when I first saw the post on my cell phone, and got frustrated trying to type it out in the small keypad with my index finger.  I intended to come home and expand on it yesterday afternoon, but honey-do work got in the way.  You description of the process is pure elegance!  I'm going save it as a text file, and summon it on demand in the future.  Seriously, they need to patch what you've written into an easily accessible help file within the game!  :o 8)
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

bob5453

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2019, 01:39:55 PM »
Thanks gent's but I do not have the option to "Create Public Match". I am looking to create a mach that is open to anyone.

Everyone has been looking for that since the game was first released. It doesn't exist. The game needs a lobby, but they value every minute they spend on the game in terms of money spent to money returned and they don't see a lobby as a good investment of their time.
My TGC 2019 courses
Enchanted Mountain 2019
Roy Rogers Happy Trails 2019
Gilligan's Island Par 3 2019
The Big Valley 2019

*** Courses all have crowds added ***

HB_ShaunW

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2019, 02:09:14 PM »
If you want to match up with other random users you will need to play through matchmaking. If you want to setup specific courses and rules you need to create a private match and invite your friends or create a name and password room that you can share with others.

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2019, 02:29:19 PM »
If you want to setup specific courses and rules you need to create a private match and invite your friends or create a name and password room that you can share with others.

This is true, but the problem is that there's not a central place where enough people gather regularly to make this nearly as effective as it could.  I've tried that in various forums and clubs, over the last year, and got one bite.  It would be so much easier if the game had a "room" that could be selected from a game sub-menu, where the created game and conditions could be seen by everyone who goes into the room... well, I'll cut this short because it sounds like I'm describing - in essence - a lobby.
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

AmusedOkie22

• "Talk low, talk slow and don't say too much."
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2019, 01:26:19 AM »
A little more detail is, Go to Play now Column,Go down to Create Public Match...
There is no option to create a public match.  Only private match for in-game party or private match w/name & password.  Very frustrating.................
“Fight on my men,"says Sir Andrew Barton,
I am hurt,but I am not slain;
I'll lay me down and bleed a-while,
And then I'll rise and fight again".”

SSenator

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2019, 08:51:19 AM »
I typed wrong.It's Create Private Match. Sorry about that.
Shawn is absolutely correct,of course.
There is no such thing as creating a match that's open to everyone. You can only create and choose from your friends list.
The only Public option as said is Matchmaking.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 08:54:31 AM by SSenator »
R.I.P. Divotmaker. It was my pleasure to have known you.

Martbloke

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2019, 07:39:13 AM »
If you want to setup specific courses and rules you need to create a private match and invite your friends or create a name and password room that you can share with others.

This is true, but the problem is that there's not a central place where enough people gather regularly to make this nearly as effective as it could.  I've tried that in various forums and clubs, over the last year, and got one bite.  It would be so much easier if the game had a "room" that could be selected from a game sub-menu, where the created game and conditions could be seen by everyone who goes into the room... well, I'll cut this short because it sounds like I'm describing - in essence - a lobby.

Agree - Lobbies are a must IMO for the next version for unranked games. Would help for someone like me who doesn't have their mates play this game and so have no-one to create a private match with (not that I am overly bothered). Would make me play against others more and pair up with like minded players easier.

space-cash