New Designer Seeking Help, Terrain Sculpting Creeks

• 3 Replies

ADC

« on: August 09, 2019, 05:39:25 PM »
Hi, all

So, I've been a long time player of bot TGC and TGC2. I know TGC2019 has most everyone's attention, but for now, TGC2 is the game I am on. My platform is Xbox1.

I'm getting pretty familiar with the the terrain morphing tools by now. The broad sculpting, I'm quite happy with.  I'm comfortable with just about any aspect, except one- small bodies of water, creeks rather than rivers, completely escape me.

I'm having trouble making anything on a believable scale. I'm using the blue terrain flatten tool, with the brush head small, almost as small as it can go, lowered to about 8 feet, as it with that small a brush, you need to go deeper than actually desired. I've gotten it to work a couple times, and have been pleased, but eventually, the whole thing goes crazy, with banks reaching 4 to 5 feet higher than a water level that is only 2 at a different location.

Am I missing something in how I'm flattening the terrain to begin with? Any design help on creeks in particular is helpful. I've started many courses, but never quite get them done, largely because of this. Whatever appreach I'm using isn't working, and I'm just stuck. Thanks.

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2019, 10:16:50 PM »
There’s really not much you can do.  I suggest using the fuzzy blue brushes to slope down to the creek and then use a sharper tool to get down to the water.  Unfortunately it all has to be at the same level.... the water does not contour to the land.  It still doesn’t in 2019 either.... the best ya can do is a Panama Canal type step down.   Good luck, I know it’s frustrating.
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming.
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2X Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB m2 RAID level 0
EVGA GTX 1080 SC. Windows 10 64 Bit
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

ADC

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2019, 11:20:15 PM »
Thank you so much!

It's a terrific game that I love very much. Just...nothing beats good old fashioned sweat and tears.

guy.holland

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2019, 08:11:46 AM »
Im pretty good at contouring and creating water, how can i help ?
My name is GUYVANH

space-cash