Course plays not being credited again?

• 234 Replies

Ffrog

• GroupMember
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2019, 07:01:52 AM »
Are you guys saying that when you play your own courses it will increase the amount of your course plays? Mine have never done that. Not even on the previous two games. Heck I would have played the crap out of them lol.

Well, I thought they did... can't test it now, but this is based off some betas I've released, where I've played them 4 times (one for each pinset) and the play count has gone up to 4. Guess it could just be coincidence.

NobleMan

« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2019, 09:52:58 AM »
All of my courses stopped updating two weeks ago.  I am on the Steam platform.
Whitemarsh CC Lidar
Aronimink Golf Club Lidar
Merion GC East (Lidar)
Philly Cricket Club Lidar
Pine Valley GG Lidar
Oakmont CC Lidar
Huntington Valley CC (L)
French Lick Resort
Congressional GC Lidar
Riviera Country Club (L)
Ridge at Back Brook (L)
The Ace Club (Lidar)
Makefield Highlands Lidar
Jericho National (Lidar)
The Bucks Club (Lidar)
Commonwealth GC (Lidar)

pek171

« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2019, 04:59:44 PM »
Yep,non of mine have up-dated for awhile..think this must be a wide spread problem.hope it’s sorted quickly!.

gregfordyce

« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2019, 09:30:19 AM »
Please share the names of the courses you suspect are not updating the number of plays on them and what platform you're on.

None of mine have updated in 2+ weeks too. And one was in a Tour on TGCTours, so I know it got like 200 plays a day for awhile.

Stumbling Wallaby GC
Chaco Pecos GC
Malvern Park-Chicago, IL
Stumbling Wallaby GC
Malvern Park-Chicago, IL
Saguaro Bravo G.C.
Chaco Pecos GC
Sandpiper Hills GC

NobleMan

« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2019, 02:08:03 PM »
Are you guys saying that when you play your own courses it will increase the amount of your course plays? Mine have never done that. Not even on the previous two games. Heck I would have played the crap out of them lol.
IF only it was that easy.  To become handicapped, you have to have 300 Unique players play 18 holes.  You can play your course and have a thousand plays and not be close to being handicapped!

Dawg

• My Bite is worse than my Bark ...
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2019, 02:30:54 PM »
So, what I found funny, I published a "Test" version of a course I have been working on, and it registered play count, however, my other courses... still have not updated play count for two weeks now.

My Current "Top 3" TGC2019

El Dorado Hills Golf Club
TGC @ Mein-Notchurs C.C. [Tour]
Sonoma Vineyard Golf Sanitarium

ChaswW

« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2019, 02:58:45 PM »
So, what I found funny, I published a "Test" version of a course I have been working on, and it registered play count, however, my other courses... still have not updated play count for two weeks now.

It seems like most new courses update for a few days after release and then updates stop on most courses.I think courses that are  getting an extreme number of plays keep updating but the rest of us get the shaft :)
My Courses

Haunted Hills C.C.(HCP)
TPC @ Silent Night
Kong's Skull Island
Voodoo Island
Moonbase Alpha
TPC @ Red Planet
Pumpkin Hollow 2020
Devil's Pitchfork G.C.
RTJ Trail-Magnolia Grove(HCP)
RTJ-Magnolia Grove(Tour)
Crimson Valley G.C.
Achilles Hills
Ghouls & Goblins G.C.(HCP)

Wes _Coast_1

« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2019, 04:20:46 PM »
Chase, I completely agree with you on this as that has been my feeling as well. I always had the feeling that after 2 days plays stop. Sure I might get lucky enough to get a play after months of nothing but it seems like only PS4 players. As if the other platforms don't know the courses exist. If they did, then the total plays would rise but you don't get to see who played it. In TGC2 I had the same issues as now and reached out for assistance as did others, but basically on deaf ears. In TGC2 I had just under 2000 plays on my courses in a years time. Not that much I know but again went months without play updates.Now after a year with '19, I think I have a few hundred or so. This is why this issue with course plays leave a bad taste in my mouth.

theclv24

« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2019, 10:14:50 PM »
Thanks for the information.

This is my favorite post of the last 2 weeks so far. The irony dripping off of it is almost too much to take.

Dawg

« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2019, 03:42:47 AM »

This is my favorite post of the last 2 weeks so far. The irony dripping off of it is almost too much to take.

I was surprised he even replied at all ... notice there was nothing said about "we will look into the issue" ...  ::)

leslie.sangster

« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2019, 04:53:16 AM »

I think we need to be careful telling them which of our courses are not updating they could be making a list of courses to censor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Antiparosjez

« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2019, 05:04:37 AM »
Sandyhurst Lakes Open on PS4 still showing only 194 plays.
Man of Kent Power Station Grendel Woods The Pier Sandyhurst Lakes North Kernow, Chart Lakes, West Foreland Elysium Park, White Mountain, Easter Bay, White Rocks,Stour Manor, Samphire Golf Links, The Estate, Romney Harbour, Kingston Park, Gull Rock, City Park, Mullion Cliffs, Wealden Forest, Brooklan

Dawg

« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2019, 09:38:40 AM »
as far as I can tell, it seems to have stopped on the 12th of August ...

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2019, 05:42:04 PM »
just wondering any news why certain courses not been updated now for a couple of weeks.

ChaswW

« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2019, 06:46:01 PM »
just wondering any news why certain courses not been updated now for a couple of weeks.

I think it is more like a majority of courses rather than certain courses.Shaun responded to this thread so maybe something will happen tomorrow.Is Tuesday still the day they do server maintenance?
My Courses

Haunted Hills C.C.(HCP)
TPC @ Silent Night
Kong's Skull Island
Voodoo Island
Moonbase Alpha
TPC @ Red Planet
Pumpkin Hollow 2020
Devil's Pitchfork G.C.
RTJ Trail-Magnolia Grove(HCP)
RTJ-Magnolia Grove(Tour)
Crimson Valley G.C.