Course plays not being credited again?

• 234 Replies

Wes _Coast_1

« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2019, 03:58:36 AM »
I don't think maintenance on servers has anything to do with my issues, they go too far back. I don't think they understand why it is either. And I'm not even putting it on them anymore, I just don't think they have the solution and have moved on. But this week and the actions that have occured has solidified one thing for sure. I will not be purchasing the new game if there is one for at least a six month waiting period. I'll just read the forums to find out if again the same old issues are still in the game or even new ones have surfaced. I'll check the speak at tgct again to see what their griping about and test the wind. By then I think that I should have enough info to warrant my spending my money on it, and it would have to be far more superior in all phases. But 3 games into this is enough. One broken game after another. I'll just put up with this one. I have for this long.

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2019, 04:50:38 AM »
I like the tempo part of the swing. Seems to me I know if I pull back quick I need to follow thru quick and the same goes with an average pull back speed.  Now I see this effect moreso using a mouse as it's easier to maintain that tempo with a controller stick but, I do like that part of the challenge.
Created RCR Courses: 
Links at Lighthouse Sound
nicknamed "The Pebble Beach of the East"

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

War Admiral at GlenRiddle
2017 top 40 places to play in Maryland

Legends- Moorland Course
#37 Toughest Course in U.S.- Golf Digest
Americas top courses '03 & '09

overr8edplaya

« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2019, 08:01:03 AM »
St jade of tyson
Waverley par 3 course
Both haven't  updated in about 2 weeks

Sandsaver

• If I had anything better to do I would be doing it
« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2019, 09:06:51 AM »

Mine haven't been updating for a couple weeks but I see they're still getting plays via the ghost menu.

Kathmandu Valley GC: 10,214
Mighty Oak Lodge & Ranch: 1,933

On Xbox

Joe - how do you determine plays from the Ghost Menu?

less than bread

« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2019, 10:29:58 AM »

Mine haven't been updating for a couple weeks but I see they're still getting plays via the ghost menu.

On Xbox

Load up your course like you're going to play a casual round on it, at the screen right before you start your round (when your character is standing there), scroll over to the empty spot next to them, press A (xbox) or X (PS4), and you can "add ghost". From there you can see all the people who have played your course sorted by most recent. I don't know if that's just same platform players or if it's cross platform though. Easy way to see your course is still getting plays even when the count is not updating
TGC 2019 Courses:
The Green Inferno
Old Red's Sandstone Range
Scorched Horizon Golf Club
Mighty Oak Lodge & Ranch
Kathmandu Valley Golf Club

Martbloke

« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2019, 11:29:36 AM »
Think it's a ps4 problem, mine haven't
updated in over a fortnight, plus course
not handicapped after 310 plays.  :(

300 plays from handicapped users are required to generate the ratings for your course and they must be played in eligible rounds. So if anyone without a handicap played your course, only played a front 9 or back 9 rounds, or users played in a match type that isn't Stroke or Stableford, they wouldn't count towards the handicap rating, but would be added to your course plays. Which is likely why you have 310 plays without a rating yet with 10 or more rounds falling in one of those categories.

Hi Shaun, just so designers are clearer on how their courses are being played therefore, could the course details be updated for the next iteration to then show:

Total number of plays

and of this:

How many are HCP plays
How many are non-HCP plays
How many are front 9 plays
How many are back 9 plays

I'm sure it would help some designers in some sort of way. Assume you already have this data to be able to do the count anyways so just a case of displaying this for all?

cephyn

« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2019, 11:35:49 AM »
Think it's a ps4 problem, mine haven't
updated in over a fortnight, plus course
not handicapped after 310 plays.  :(

300 plays from handicapped users are required to generate the ratings for your course and they must be played in eligible rounds. So if anyone without a handicap played your course, only played a front 9 or back 9 rounds, or users played in a match type that isn't Stroke or Stableford, they wouldn't count towards the handicap rating, but would be added to your course plays. Which is likely why you have 310 plays without a rating yet with 10 or more rounds falling in one of those categories.

Hi Shaun, just so designers are clearer on how their courses are being played therefore, could the course details be updated for the next iteration to then show:

Total number of plays

and of this:

How many are HCP plays
How many are non-HCP plays
How many are front 9 plays
How many are back 9 plays

I'm sure it would help some designers in some sort of way. Assume you already have this data to be able to do the count anyways so just a case of displaying this for all?

They can't even display ONE number right, how the heck are they gonna get 4 numbers right?

It's a great idea though.
Edgemoor Castle
Driftless Hills
Roadrunner Mesa
The Willowisp
The Course at Cycad Reach

ChaswW

« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2019, 11:36:18 AM »

On Xbox

Load up your course like you're going to play a casual round on it, at the screen right before you start your round (when your character is standing there), scroll over to the empty spot next to them, press A (xbox) or X (PS4), and you can "add ghost". From there you can see all the people who have played your course sorted by most recent. I don't know if that's just same platform players or if it's cross platform though. Easy way to see your course is still getting plays even when the count is not updating

Not sure how accurate this method is going to be.My latest course which has been stuck at 62 plays for over 2 weeks only shows about 20 ghost plays??
My Courses

The Crossings-R.T.Jones(2k21)
Moonbase Alpha(2k21)
Devil's Pitchfork G.C.(2k21)
Haunted Hills C.C.(HCP)2019
Kong's Skull Island(HCP)2019
Voodoo Island(HCP)2019
RTJ Trail-Magnolia Grove(HCP)2019
Achilles Hills(2019)
Ghouls & Goblins G.C.(HCP)2019

HB_ShaunW

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2019, 11:40:07 AM »
The ghosts you see are only on your platform. The number of plays is across all platforms.

cephyn

« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2019, 11:44:14 AM »
Thanks for the information.
Edgemoor Castle
Driftless Hills
Roadrunner Mesa
The Willowisp
The Course at Cycad Reach

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2019, 11:44:30 AM »
To me they should forget about the HCP of a course and display the Hole stats for each hole with the flyover when the hole begins example below for a par 4.Not sure if it would be possible cross platform but platform plays would be just as good.

Eagles 1
Birdes 56
Pars 225
bogies 46
others 10

Average score 4.05 SI 9 etc.

Just an idea i am sure it would be tough to programme but i would love to see hole stats before i play a hole,would just add something extra.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 01:19:21 PM by Yeltzman »

HB_ShaunW

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2019, 12:04:11 PM »
To me they should forget about the HCP of a course and display the Hole stats for each hole with the flyover when the hole begins example below for a par 4.Not sure if it would be possible cross platform but platform plays would be just as good.

Eagles 1
Birdes 56
Pars 225
bogies 46
others 10

Average score 4.05 SI 9 etc.

Just an idea i am sure it would be tough to programme but i would love to hole stats before i play a hole,would just add something extra.

Interesting concept. Definitely a lot to consider with a feature like that but I like where your head is at.

theclv24

« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2019, 12:18:21 PM »
Thanks for the information.

*golf clap* 👏

ChaswW

« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2019, 12:40:01 PM »
The ghosts you see are only on your platform. The number of plays is across all platforms.

Thanks
My Courses

The Crossings-R.T.Jones(2k21)
Moonbase Alpha(2k21)
Devil's Pitchfork G.C.(2k21)
Haunted Hills C.C.(HCP)2019
Kong's Skull Island(HCP)2019
Voodoo Island(HCP)2019
RTJ Trail-Magnolia Grove(HCP)2019
Achilles Hills(2019)
Ghouls & Goblins G.C.(HCP)2019

JWTexan

« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2019, 03:05:44 PM »
Are the numbers updating again? Haven't bothered to get on the game in the last week with everything that has happened.
"
Published Courses HB Forum Links
Tantallon Castle - (https://bit.ly/2M5a0Zu)
The Loops Country Club - (https://bit.ly/2M0ZhiJ)
Far Water Golf Club - (https://bit.ly/2YGFQgQ)
Overbrook Valley - (https://bit.ly/38J56bG)

space-cash