Course Designer Objects

• 172 Replies

Ariel Atom

« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2019, 09:49:50 PM »
This one isn't super critical and it's not an 'object' but I wonder if it would be possible to incorporate unity's 'smooth tool' so that we don't have to use the flatten brush carefully on slopes in order to get a nice, consistent result. It should make it a bit faster to get really nice, clean terrain when desired (although you know it's possible as is with the current tools: Ardoilean, Susquehannock or The Mantis anyone?).

less than bread

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2019, 10:35:13 PM »
Log cabins. Would go great with the Swiss, boreal, countryside, harvest, rustic, and autumn themes. I’m sure others but that’s what I grabbed off the top of my head.

All objects should be available in all themes.

Roads with lanes.
TGC 2019 Courses:
The Green Inferno
Old Red's Sandstone Range
Scorched Horizon Golf Club
Mighty Oak Lodge & Ranch
Kathmandu Valley Golf Club

MAJORHIGH

• Savannah, GA
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2019, 10:36:20 PM »
This one isn't super critical and it's not an 'object' but I wonder if it would be possible to incorporate unity's 'smooth tool' so that we don't have to use the flatten brush carefully on slopes in order to get a nice, consistent result. It should make it a bit faster to get really nice, clean terrain when desired (although you know it's possible as is with the current tools: Ardoilean, Susquehannock or The Mantis anyone?).

^This or something like the terrain tools in Cities: Skylines
Yale Golf Course - LIDAR
Mullaugh Harbour
Ekwanok C.C. - LIDAR
The Conservatory - LIDAR
Stonecypher Club
Ford Plantation (RCR)
Davenport Athletic Club
Widow's Talon
Pinhook Saddle Club

(WIP: Terrebonne)
(WIP: Bald Head Island - LIDAR)
(WIP: Newport Country Club - LIDAR)

SAM

• GroupMember
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2019, 10:49:17 PM »
Moving parts to the windmill & wind turbines.
Vehicles (land & sea) that move on a "drawn spline" path... including the carts.
Make the flying planes move across the screen not in a circle.
People in / on the vehicles & add a tractor, moped, bicycle.
Flags & poles.
Breaking waves (surf).
Option to remove mist from falling water... But have mist & / or smoke as a standalone object.
Trailing & / or climbing plants like ivy.
Cottage, farmhouse, barns, hay bales.
Different colored golf balls (including sky blue)  :)

"Long you live and high you fly,
but only if you ride the tide,
balanced on the biggest wave,
you race toward an early grave."

titaneddie

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2019, 12:50:10 AM »
In my bag you ask?

Callaway xr driver
Callaway rogue irons
Nike wedges
Cobra hybrids
Scotty putter

Antiparosjez

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2019, 02:14:17 AM »
Apart from backgrounds:
Different buildings, more variety
Brick walls, variety
Hedges
Churches
Schools
Factories
Railway stations
Fire stations
Airport buildings
Ropes along fairway edges
Lines for fairways under repair or drop zones
Fairway markers for 100, 150, 200 yards out etc (disc markers in fairway)
Sprinkler heads
Etc etc
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 04:13:54 AM by Antiparosjez »
2K21 Sandyhurst Lakes, Trinity, North Kernow, Gull Rock, Kings Wood, West Foreland        19 Domino, Man of Kent, Power Station, Grendel Woods, The Pier, Chart Lakes, Elysium Park, White Mountain, Easter Bay, White Rocks,Stour Manor, Samphire Golf Links, The Estate, Romney Harbour, Kingston Park,)

Antiparosjez

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2019, 04:12:02 AM »
Dry stone walls
Car parks
Variety of vehicle types (lorries, vans, cars etc)
Greenhouses
Phone boxes
Dogs
Birds that you can adjust height of flight
People on boats
Helicopters that fly
Traffic lights
Road signs
Retaining walls that snap to landscape height so smooth
Pot banker turf walls (pot bunkers very needed)
Fast food vans
BBQs with smoke
Log piles
Etc etc
2K21 Sandyhurst Lakes, Trinity, North Kernow, Gull Rock, Kings Wood, West Foreland        19 Domino, Man of Kent, Power Station, Grendel Woods, The Pier, Chart Lakes, Elysium Park, White Mountain, Easter Bay, White Rocks,Stour Manor, Samphire Golf Links, The Estate, Romney Harbour, Kingston Park,)

Icyken

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2019, 04:26:43 AM »
Saturday & Sunday shifts are now compulsory
for everyone at HB studios , let's get this show
on the road folks... ;)
2K21 , Courses

Helensburgh , GC. Tour
   Ayrshire Gailes. Tour
   Rosemount , Scotland
   St Nicholas , Prestwick

Antiparosjez

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2019, 06:37:05 AM »
Solar panels
Solar farms
Level crossings
Underpasses
Out of bound white line drawing capability
Hazard line drawing capability
Scaleable wind turbines that move
Ships that move
Waves that move
People that move
Trains
People using the driving range
Floodlights
Beaches (shingle, sand, rocky)

Antiparosjez

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2019, 06:40:45 AM »
I won’t go on. The background thing for me is the most important thing to get more variety into the game. Too many courses look similar now and it’s getting hard to do something new. Secondly, i’d love to see more activity around the course, people putting and driving on nearby holes or simply walking the fairways or paths, some life around the clubhouse etc.

Daryl_71

« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2019, 08:31:20 AM »
Joshua trees and red roses.

pozbaird

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2019, 09:02:47 AM »
Provide a series of ‘Lego style’ building blocks to allow designers to be really creative, and to use a wide array of basic pieces / shapes / parts, to create all sorts of bespoke elements.

As an example, Arctic Fury (I think it was), wanted to create a ‘big wheel’, but had to do it using course advertising signs. Another designer needed a train track and station, and did it by utilising shelters placed one on top of another, and sinking the red-beam shelter into the ground to act as sleepers. On so many courses, you see examples of designers attempting to create new things, but can only mimic what they want by using what is available. Mind you, sometimes you have to sit back and admire just how many ways people have come up with to use a wastebin, as anything other than a wastebin....

There are so many other examples. On one of my own courses, Desierto Parque Central, I tried to create a New York city scene, and spent an inordinate amount of time wondering if any of the provided lighthouses could be sunk into the ground and made to look like anything...except a lighthouse. The best way I can describe it are as I said - provide lots of Lego style pieces, blocks, elements, shapes, doors, windows.... however you best describe them. In brick, concrete, wood, slate.... etc.

If we are looking at the currently supplied items in the game, here’s my thoughts on some of those.

Tour elements - grandstands are currently plentiful. Provide scoreboards, starters hut, flagpoles with nations flags, steward figures holding ‘quiet please’ signs.

Vehicles - need more variation. Articulated trucks, anything other than different coloured saloon cars.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 09:25:20 AM by pozbaird »
2K21 Courses:
Cherry Creek CC 2K21
Hogwarts Golf Club 2K21
Central Park GC 2K21
Sport City Las Vegas 2K21
Gofritt Golf Club 2K21

TGC 2019 Courses:
Hogwarts Golf Club
Sport City Las Vegas
Desierto Parque Central
The Geometric
Gofritt Golf Club 2019
The 2112 Club
Mona Vale Lakes
Dee Why GC

Icyken

« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2019, 09:06:46 AM »
Heather and bracken,
for the highland theme.
2K21 , Courses

Helensburgh , GC. Tour
   Ayrshire Gailes. Tour
   Rosemount , Scotland
   St Nicholas , Prestwick

Sandsaver

• If I had anything better to do I would be doing it
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2019, 09:36:33 AM »
Since the two pages above have covered a lot of ground I will not repeat most of the suggestions.  Two things come to mind:
1 - Houses and Clubhouses with more than one door showing - almost all of whats available only shows one entrance, an obvious safety violation and easily fixed.
2 - Stair rails - right now you can make a high flight of stairs but no rails, since the fence objects won't tilt.  Another obvious safety problem perhaps not such an easy fix.

Also, and I am sure it is obvious to HB, but all these requests for moving cars, people, windmills etc. are very likely to cause lag problems in the gameplay.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 09:38:19 AM by Sandsaver »

Ffrog

• GroupMember
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2019, 09:52:51 AM »
Ducks that you can place on created water bodies.

People in a variety of poses so you can e.g. populate the putting green, clubhouse beer garden etc., and associated objects (clubs, balls, beer glasses, etc)

space-cash