Course Designer Objects

• 172 Replies

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #150 on: October 29, 2019, 07:14:28 AM »
I think course sharing across 3 platforms is more important than say 1 or 2 features like pot bunkers,retaining walls,bunker blending etc,so all courses can be played across platforms,would be interesting if you say PC version had pot bunkers,better blending,textures etc be a separate version and consoles have there own version if its not possible to do on all systems.Only thing i will say without HB would have no real golf to play on these consoles i do fear going forward if only mega games will get made on the next gen consoles it seems modern games are so complicated to programme and be a decent standard because the money companies are charging for sub standard products seem to be normal these days.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 07:20:54 AM by Yeltzman »

apjgilbert

« Reply #151 on: October 30, 2019, 12:21:28 PM »
I knocked this up very quickly, so apologies if it's a bit crude. I think pot bunkers could be achieved with a couple of small tweaks (and one slightly larger tweak) to the retaining wall object:
1) "Pot bunker" texture, i.e. small bricks (and lose the horizontal wooden slat on top)
2) A smaller width to deal with small (i.e. tightly curved) bunkers
3) The trapezoid on top does a good job of blending in with surrounding texture, but it would be fantastic if this could be extended to blend with the surrounding topography...

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #152 on: October 30, 2019, 06:50:10 PM »
I appreciate your effort and have tried the same techniques myself.  Honestly though,  they just don’t do it for me.
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming.
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2X Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB m2 RAID level 0
EVGA GTX 1080 SC. Windows 10 64 Bit
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

Icyken

« Reply #153 on: November 09, 2019, 05:30:15 AM »
      I've asked before.....
      Tour stuff like ,

Stewards.
 Stewards with quite signs.
 Ropes.
 Children.
 Plain green canvas sheets
 Tee Clocks, like the Rolex ones.

Could go on but you get my drift..       
COURSES.....
 St Nicholas, Prestwick  (  Rosemount. Scotland. )
 Ayrshire Gailes.      (  Hermit of Mink Hollow. )
 Machrihan Dunes, 2019   (  The Celtic Isles. )
 Helensburgh Golf club      (   The Fruin.  )
 Prestwick, Golf club      (   Craigendoran Links  )

All have tour props free versions

Daryl_71

« Reply #154 on: November 25, 2019, 05:46:08 AM »
Yellowish, wheat-colored bushes to match the autumn themed heavy rough.

Antiparosjez

« Reply #155 on: November 25, 2019, 07:00:16 AM »
      I've asked before.....
      Tour stuff like ,

Stewards.
 Stewards with quite signs.
 Ropes.
 Children.
 Plain green canvas sheets
 Tee Clocks, like the Rolex ones.

Could go on but you get my drift..     

Absolutely.

Also could do with better path transitions imo. I’ve tried to make the road edges and path ends a little more realistic on my latest course (Power Station) but to say it was a faff is an understatement. Had to use many many retaining walls, bridges etc but I bet very few even notice it!
Kings Wood Domino Man of Kent Power Station Grendel Woods The Pier Sandyhurst Lakes North Kernow, Chart Lakes, West Foreland Elysium Park, White Mountain, Easter Bay, White Rocks,Stour Manor, Samphire Golf Links, The Estate, Romney Harbour, Kingston Park, Gull Rock, City Park, Mullion Cliffs

Han

• GroupMember
« Reply #156 on: February 28, 2020, 09:57:17 PM »
This thread may now be redundant but I was away from the game/forums when it first started which is why I'm only adding my wish-list now.
I've had a glance through the first few pages of the thread and I'm guessing that a lot of what I would like is the same as other people but tbh I can't be bothered to read all the previous posts to check so apologies for repeating what has already been requested by others if that's the case  :P

Before I make any specific requests, as well as anything I will list below I would obviously also like more variety of pretty much everything in general as we all would. Priority objects for more variety for me personally would be:

1. Retaining walls (actually all walls to be honest)
2. Hedges (or at least make the existing one look somewhat real - currently it looks awful and appears almost luminous when in bright sunlight  8))
3. Bushes
4. Global plants and flowers - to add to or even replace the global plants we have now (a lot of which are the same as we had back in TGC1 and look terrible)
5. Clubhouses

New Objects / Items

1. POT BUNKERS !!!!! - nuff said
2. Flagpoles - with a choice of flags to attach to them (like we can with green flags currently). National flags are in game already in a way in the player options  8)
3. Blossom trees in various colours - pinks, reds etc.
4. Flowered bushes in various colours
5. Farm buildings - barns, grain silos etc.
6. Rope and loose chain "fences" - that can follow slopes if possible (see ability option below)
7. Proper size fountains for lakes / ponds (already in game on at least one of the official PGA courses so give it to us already ! )

Technical "Abilities" (couldn't think of another term)

1. Multiple colour options for one texture on the same plot - being able to choose that colour for individual "pieces" of said texture. Example: heavy rough around greens can be a different colour than heavy rough on the majority of the course.
2. Get rid of the "pecking order" that textures have now - let us place any texture where we want regardless of what other textures are next to or under it
3. A "lie" slider for both types of rough (like the firmness and roll ones we already have but one that actually affects what kind of lie you will get)
4. Walls, fences, hedges etc that can be laid with splines and that can follow sloped terrain properly.
5. If the terrain follow aspect of #4 cannot be done then at least make it so walls, fences, hedges etc can be rotated on all axis rather than just raised / lowered 
6. Loads of stuff for placeable water that I have listed in this thread

In all honesty though, a lot of what I/we are asking for can already be seen on the official PGA courses so just let us have that stuff obviously just minus anything that has a real logo on it (PGA or otherwise) to avoid any copyright issues.

It's late so I'll add the rest tomorrow  :P
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 06:20:00 PM by Han »
TGC 2019 Courses :
Real Club Valderrama
The Belfry - The Brabazon
The Belfry - Brabazon RC
Valle de los Reyes (Ballesteros) - with Scarpacci
TGC1/TGC2 Courses created :
Oakmere Golf Club
Rivington Hall Golf Club
Dunholme Manor Golf & CC
Douro Valley Par 3
Douro Valley Resort
Herons' Reach Golf Links

Sandsaver

• If I had anything better to do I would be doing it
« Reply #157 on: February 29, 2020, 09:12:54 AM »
I agree with what so ask for Han.  I believe, though I may be wrong here, that the official PGA courses that come with the game were not created using the course designer, but made some other way and that is why they have different stuff in them.

TaS

• GroupMember
« Reply #158 on: February 29, 2020, 09:26:52 AM »
I agree with what so ask for Han.  I believe, though I may be wrong here, that the official PGA courses that come with the game were not created using the course designer, but made some other way and that is why they have different stuff in them.
They just have custom themes that are hidden.

Han

• GroupMember
« Reply #159 on: February 29, 2020, 11:55:15 AM »
They just have custom themes that are hidden.

seek and ye shall find.....
TGC 2019 Courses :
Real Club Valderrama
The Belfry - Brabazon RC
Oakmere Golf Club
Rivington Hall Golf Club
Dunholme Manor Golf & CC
Douro Valley Par 3
Douro Valley Resort
Herons' Reach Golf Links

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #160 on: February 29, 2020, 05:29:08 PM »
Yep shame hb's themes were blocked after Chad released them I think one of them has 14 different type of oak trees for example some amazing courses would have been produced.

Han

• GroupMember
« Reply #161 on: February 29, 2020, 06:12:20 PM »
Yep shame hb's themes were blocked after Chad released them I think one of them has 14 different type of oak trees for example some amazing courses would have been produced.

Valderrama looks amazing with the trees from Sawgrass ! :o  they are almost a perfect match for Spanish cork trees. The trees in Delta aren't too bad, if you can be bothered to "combine" different styles together you can get some ok results, but nowhere near as good as the "official PGA" trees that we can't have  :( 

I understand HB not allowing us to use things like clubhouses that are unique to a certain real course, or stands with the specific PGA tournament logos splashed all over them as I would assume that would open up some sort of copyright can of worms.
However I don't understand why they can't let us have all the "nature" objects such as trees, bushes etc. Surely that couldn't have any legal implications could it ?
I wouldn't imagine [insert relevant PGA course here] could copyright a species of tree or bush, not unless they grew them from seed in their own nursery and they don't grow anywhere else on the planet  :P 

Just being able to use the trees and nothing else would be like having half a dozen brand new themes released at once. Like you already said people would build some amazing courses that would be totally different than anything there is currently, it would be like playing a whole new game !  ;D

I'm guessing they are keeping all that stuff to instantly fill out the designer in the next version of the game, but if not I'm sure there will be some crazy reason or another /shrug
TGC 2019 Courses :
Real Club Valderrama
The Belfry - Brabazon RC
Oakmere Golf Club
Rivington Hall Golf Club
Dunholme Manor Golf & CC
Douro Valley Par 3
Douro Valley Resort
Herons' Reach Golf Links

Han

• GroupMember
« Reply #162 on: February 29, 2020, 06:17:21 PM »
Oh btw, I only know about some of the "official" stuff as I have seen them whilst playing the PGA Tour career mode part of the game. I have never once opened any of those official themes up in the designer and browsed through every single object in them......honest guv'nor  8)
TGC 2019 Courses :
Real Club Valderrama
The Belfry - Brabazon RC
Oakmere Golf Club
Rivington Hall Golf Club
Dunholme Manor Golf & CC
Douro Valley Par 3
Douro Valley Resort
Herons' Reach Golf Links

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #163 on: February 29, 2020, 06:57:56 PM »
I’d be very happy if they made all the trees/bushes/rocks Universal to all themes.  That would be enough to keep me busy for quite a while.......  Oh, and giving us back the ability to rotate, swish and stretch Rocks like we could back  in the Beta
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming.
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2X Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB m2 RAID level 0
EVGA GTX 1080 SC. Windows 10 64 Bit
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

Han

• GroupMember
« Reply #164 on: February 29, 2020, 07:18:48 PM »
Oh, and giving us back the ability to rotate, swish and stretch Rocks like we could back  in the Beta

In the TGC2 beta "Advanced Edit" was available on virtually all of the objects in the designer at the time. IIRC the ability was removed from loads of objects because they became bugged in one way or another - I remember making one of the wooden bridges HUGE in size but it caused the entire designer to freeze and then blackscreen (or something along those lines)

It was a similar issue that caused the "tilt" option to be removed from placeable bodies of water   :-[
TGC 2019 Courses :
Real Club Valderrama
The Belfry - Brabazon RC
Oakmere Golf Club
Rivington Hall Golf Club
Dunholme Manor Golf & CC
Douro Valley Par 3
Douro Valley Resort
Herons' Reach Golf Links