Course Designer Objects

• 172 Replies

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #165 on: February 29, 2020, 08:14:45 PM »
It just bugs the hell out of me remembering that we could at one time, but now we can’t.  Making all objects available in all themes would still be a step forward.
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming.
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2X Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB m2 RAID level 0
EVGA GTX 1080 SC. Windows 10 64 Bit
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

mthunt

« Reply #166 on: March 01, 2020, 11:16:00 AM »
It just bugs the hell out of me remembering that we could at one time, but now we can’t.  Making all objects available in all themes would still be a step forward.

Right?!  Why isn’t it like that now?
Courses
Weston G&CC by mthunt
London Hunt Club L mthunt
Park CC Lidar mthunt
Sunningdale GC Robinson L
Sunningdale GC Thompson L
Muirfield Village (liDAR) 1st Lidar
Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
National GC of Canada
Mississaugua G&CC mthunt
Shaughnessy G&CC L

Han

• GroupMember
« Reply #167 on: March 01, 2020, 05:06:16 PM »

Back in TGC1 days they (HB) said it was because of file sizes and memory issues etc. but a lot of that kind of stuff have already improved massively.

For example, when Scarpacci and I originally built the Valle de los Reyes (Ballesteros) course in TGC1 it was a huge file size back then, mainly because there are actually three full courses built on the same plot but also because believe it or not the entire plot was totally covered with individually hand placed brushes of heavy rough around every single auto-generated tree  :o  The plant meter was completely full and to get it to even publish we had to delete massive amounts of stuff from the edges of the plot and around the second and third courses.

When that same plot got ported over to TGC2 the plant meter wasn't even half full, and then when it got ported to TGC2019 it was even less.

Lots of us have suggested time and time again to get rid of the theme restrictions in the designer and have it on a limited number of "slots" available for each category system - so things like:

Theme - slots = 1
Background - slots = 1
Trees - slots = 6
Bushes - slots = 5

and so on.....

It would then be up to the designer to mix and match what they wanted from ALL the objects available in every current theme, whilst at the same time allowing HB to keep things like file size under control by only having the limited number of slots - this number could then be expanded in the future as/when their tech or code would allow.
TGC 2019 Courses :
Real Club Valderrama
The Belfry - The Brabazon
The Belfry - Brabazon RC
Valle de los Reyes (Ballesteros) - with Scarpacci
TGC1/TGC2 Courses created :
Oakmere Golf Club
Rivington Hall Golf Club
Dunholme Manor Golf & CC
Douro Valley Par 3
Douro Valley Resort
Herons' Reach Golf Links

mthunt

« Reply #168 on: March 01, 2020, 10:28:29 PM »

Back in TGC1 days they (HB) said it was because of file sizes and memory issues etc. but a lot of that kind of stuff have already improved massively.

For example, when Scarpacci and I originally built the Valle de los Reyes (Ballesteros) course in TGC1 it was a huge file size back then, mainly because there are actually three full courses built on the same plot but also because believe it or not the entire plot was totally covered with individually hand placed brushes of heavy rough around every single auto-generated tree  :o  The plant meter was completely full and to get it to even publish we had to delete massive amounts of stuff from the edges of the plot and around the second and third courses.

When that same plot got ported over to TGC2 the plant meter wasn't even half full, and then when it got ported to TGC2019 it was even less.

Lots of us have suggested time and time again to get rid of the theme restrictions in the designer and have it on a limited number of "slots" available for each category system - so things like:

Theme - slots = 1
Background - slots = 1
Trees - slots = 6
Bushes - slots = 5

and so on.....

It would then be up to the designer to mix and match what they wanted from ALL the objects available in every current theme, whilst at the same time allowing HB to keep things like file size under control by only having the limited number of slots - this number could then be expanded in the future as/when their tech or code would allow.

Makes sense.  Now we just wait and hope they do anything going forward.
Courses
Weston G&CC by mthunt
London Hunt Club L mthunt
Park CC Lidar mthunt
Sunningdale GC Robinson L
Sunningdale GC Thompson L
Muirfield Village (liDAR) 1st Lidar
Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
National GC of Canada
Mississaugua G&CC mthunt
Shaughnessy G&CC L

minimalistdesign

« Reply #169 on: March 09, 2020, 12:38:51 PM »
All tree styles should be available for all themes.
All grass styles should be available for all themes.
Some type of brilliant yellow gorse.

Different types of bunkers for all themes.  As some have already mentioned, sod wall.  But also jagged, crumbly edged like with windblown sand dune courses.

I could use a flag pole and flag for one course I'm doing.  Perhaps I just can't find it.

Better tee markers and flags. 

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #170 on: March 09, 2020, 12:54:31 PM »
Little bit worrying to me that HB Paul the main man behind the designer not posted on here since october 2018 and even more worrying last active on the forum in may 2019,Just Hope he is still there and just working hard behind the scenes.Top Guy in my eyes with his help and advice in the past.

Han

• GroupMember
« Reply #171 on: March 09, 2020, 06:24:14 PM »
I could use a flag pole and flag for one course I'm doing.  Perhaps I just can't find it.

There aren't any.

I too wanted some for my Valderrama project as there are loads of them directly behind the driving range there...…. but like with a lot of things that aren't technically available in the designer, they can be made (kind of) with a bit of thought and creative use of other objects  :) 8)

But yes I agree they should be added and I had them on my wishlist  :)
TGC 2019 Courses :
Real Club Valderrama
The Belfry - The Brabazon
The Belfry - Brabazon RC
Valle de los Reyes (Ballesteros) - with Scarpacci
TGC1/TGC2 Courses created :
Oakmere Golf Club
Rivington Hall Golf Club
Dunholme Manor Golf & CC
Douro Valley Par 3
Douro Valley Resort
Herons' Reach Golf Links

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #172 on: March 09, 2020, 06:46:34 PM »
You could use the fence posts from the wire fences and stack in top of each other with the foot hidden from the line of sight for the pole.  IDK what kind of flag you are thinking of.... but you could use a TGC signboard or red pin?
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming.
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2X Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB m2 RAID level 0
EVGA GTX 1080 SC. Windows 10 64 Bit
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

space-cash