Course Designer Objects

• 155 Replies

superaces

« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2019, 09:55:12 AM »
This is a serious stretch but corn fields would be pretty neat...

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

cephyn

« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2019, 09:58:07 AM »
I don't believe this to be a serious request, and expect it to be largely ignored like all the requests we've had in the past.

Why did we lose assets between TGC1 -> TGC2 ->TGC19?

More fence types.
More clubhouse types.
More houses in general.
Build-a-block style houses/buildings meant to be frankenfitted together for infinite creations.
More vehicles.
More plants in every theme.
Grasses that have longer draw distances.
Multiplanting of different sized grasses would be nice too.
More trees in every theme. Might I suggest Magnolias, Azaleas, and Flowering Dogwoods?
Edgemoor Castle
Driftless Hills
Roadrunner Mesa
The Willowisp
The Course at Cycad Reach

stan_solo

« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2019, 10:04:39 AM »
water needs working on to make it look and run more natural

maybe waves on the coastline as well

and at least 10 more themes !    .... most courses are looking so samey despite the best efforts from the designers   

superaces

« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2019, 10:23:51 AM »
#MakeAllTreesUniversal

HB_ShaunW

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2019, 10:27:44 AM »
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on objects. Plenty of good stuff in here.

Cathalos1991

« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2019, 10:29:42 AM »
#MakeAllTreesUniversal

Yes!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Course Designer
- Old Head Golf Links
- Old Course @ Ballybunion
- The Emirates Golf Club
- The Celtic Manor Resort
- Wentworth
- Killeen Castle Golf Club
- Highgarden Golf Resort
- Druids Glen Golf Resort
- Cill Mhuire Na nGall
- Royal County Down
- Crans-sur-Sierre

pozbaird

« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2019, 10:39:08 AM »

Perhaps you could answer a question? I notice that in the current game, as an example, you can alter the colour of the cushions on the chairs in your clubhouse... my view is that this sort of thing is way, way, down on my list of important things - those things being gameplay and course creation. If, (and this is only a query from someone who knows zilch about creating a game like TGC), you got rid of all similar ‘non gameplay’ features, would it ‘free up’ your ability to add more gameplay features instead? Or, are gameplay features, and non-gameplay features such as cushions, golfer features, clothing bespoke colours etc, completely different deals?

Apologies if this is a dumb question.  :)
My courses:

Sport City Las Vegas
Desierto Parque Central
The Geometric
Gofritt Golf Club 2019
The 2112 Club
Mona Vale Lakes
Dee Why Golf Club

HB_ShaunW

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2019, 10:53:23 AM »

Perhaps you could answer a question? I notice that in the current game, as an example, you can alter the colour of the cushions on the chairs in your clubhouse... my view is that this sort of thing is way, way, down on my list of important things - those things being gameplay and course creation. If, (and this is only a query from someone who knows zilch about creating a game like TGC), you got rid of all similar ‘non gameplay’ features, would it ‘free up’ your ability to add more gameplay features instead? Or, are gameplay features, and non-gameplay features such as cushions, golfer features, clothing bespoke colours etc, completely different deals?

We need to balance where time is spent across the game to ensure there is enough content to keep as many users playing as we can. Clubhouse customization was a small part of the societies feature and the folks working on that feature would have made those things possible. They're not the same group that would have worked on gameplay or course designer features. All of those other areas you mentioned are also very important to the game. Though you may not use them personally each piece plays a critical role in keeping users engaged in the game.

pozbaird

« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2019, 10:57:07 AM »

We need to balance where time is spent across the game to ensure there is enough content to keep as many users playing as we can. Clubhouse customization was a small part of the societies feature and the folks working on that feature would have made those things possible. They're not the same group that would have worked on gameplay or course designer features. All of those other areas you mentioned are also very important to the game. Though you may not use them personally each piece plays a critical role in keeping users engaged in the game.

I changed the colour of my cushions... then threw a hissy fit when I couldn’t get curtains to match.

8)
My courses:

Sport City Las Vegas
Desierto Parque Central
The Geometric
Gofritt Golf Club 2019
The 2112 Club
Mona Vale Lakes
Dee Why Golf Club

leslie.sangster

« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2019, 10:58:20 AM »

I changed the colour of my cushions... then threw a hissy fit when I couldn’t get curtains to match.

8)
You sound like my wife

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

less than bread

« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2019, 10:58:59 AM »
This wouldn't be an object suggestion as I'm sure anything else I could think of has already been posted above.

Would love if the surface brushes were just the actual surfaces moving around until placed instead of a blue shape.
Ability to toggle second surface around brushes just like splines (Would be nice if a brush surface just became a spline when placed for further options and editing)
Ability to toggle blue/red sculpting brushes visible/invisible (We know what they do and look like, I just want to see the land underneath that I am working on)
TGC 2019 Courses:
Scorched Horizon Golf Club (2020 BB King Memorial Host)
Mighty Oak Lodge & Ranch
Kathmandu Valley Golf Club

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet."
-Abraham Lincoln

leslie.sangster

« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2019, 11:10:30 AM »
It would be nice to get some surface textures for fairways that don’t look so lush like a burnt out look for links courses and the edges of the fairways not having as sharp a transition.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AndersNM

« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2019, 11:58:17 AM »
Good with brainstorming like this.
Flagpoles is important - with different flags.
Bales - hay, straw, plastic wrapped
Statues and other ornaments - with the ability to have a socket or not
Bridges: highway bridges - also adjustable in size and height.
I believe roads is a surface thing, not an object thing (the designer needs alot more surfaces and textures).

lastchancehombre

« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2019, 12:02:10 PM »
Contouring water falls (both of them) with the ability to dial up/down speed, sound & mist!
Xbox live g/t LasChanceHombre

TGC 2019 releases

Woodley Island Golf Club
The Dunes Course at Stone Lagoon
Nai Palm Hot Springs

TGC2 releases

The Dunes Course at Stone Lagoon
Nai Palm Hot Springs
Vaquero Valley GC Tour Edition

HB_ShaunW

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2019, 12:02:40 PM »
There are a lot of good ideas coming though here. I understand the importance of the complete environment. I'd like to try and focus on the course area, playable areas and near-by, inside the course property rather than the environment you want to dress around and outside of that. With that said, please still list those types of objects but what is missing from more variety on the course, throughout the holes.

space-cash