Course Designer Objects

• 172 Replies

pozbaird

« Reply #60 on: September 11, 2019, 02:30:40 PM »
Personally, I would be in favor of you ditching the majority of the tournament fluff in order to add more useful course objects.

I like the tournament fluff. The stands, the signs, the brightly coloured and zombie-like crowds... or patrons, if you’re at a facsimile of Augusta.... the camera towers. I also like playing a tournament course when the stands are showing empty, and no crowds are dotted around. In my mind, I am getting to play a big proper tournament course... on a practice day, or the day after the tournament has ended.

Yes, I do need a strong coffee and a lie down.  :)
2K21 Courses:

Chernobyl Golf Club
Thunder Bay Golf Club
Cherry Creek CC 2K21
Hogwarts Golf Club 2K21
Central Park GC 2K21
Sport City Las Vegas 2K21
Gofritt Golf Club 2K21
The 2112 Club

Cathalos1991

« Reply #61 on: September 11, 2019, 02:30:44 PM »
Definitely not in favour of removing tournament features, they add to the feel of playing a round of golf just like they do on tv and is an important feature for a lot of people in the game including designers.

I know as a designer a lot of my requests boil down to the actual feature itself rather than objects. I'd like to be able to have more advanced editing features to help with walls and fences and even water.

In terms of objects I think we have a good array of options, more customisation would be ideal, especially like house colours etc more textures or an option to add scorched fairways for links courses would be brilliant.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Course Designer
- Old Head Golf Links
- Old Course @ Ballybunion
- The Emirates Golf Club
- The Celtic Manor Resort
- Wentworth
- Killeen Castle Golf Club
- Highgarden Golf Resort
- Druids Glen Golf Resort
- Cill Mhuire Na nGall
- Royal County Down
- Crans-sur-Sierre

pozbaird

« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2019, 02:47:47 PM »
Can’t we just send this message to HB?...

If you’re working on TGC 2020, can you keep all the good stuff from 2019, sort the bad stuff, and no matter if it is gameplay, backgrounds, themes, objects, non gameplay stuff, all the elements that go to make the game what it is... can you make all of them a step forward in quality from 2019.

That should cover everything.
2K21 Courses:

Chernobyl Golf Club
Thunder Bay Golf Club
Cherry Creek CC 2K21
Hogwarts Golf Club 2K21
Central Park GC 2K21
Gofritt Golf Club 2K21
The 2112 Club

Tuco

« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2019, 10:59:02 PM »
Heather and bracken,
for the highland theme.

I mentioned it shortly after the release of TGC2019, but I'll say it again.  The background colours for the Highland theme was changed, and not for the better.  They no longer look like heather.

The Golf Club 2019:

Jules Haven Wilderness Golf
The Links at Dakota Bay

The Golf Club 2:

Jules Haven Wilderness Golf
The Links at Dakota Bay

Icyken

« Reply #64 on: September 12, 2019, 01:59:37 AM »
     ( Global plants )
Really needs a major overhaul we've
had the same old tired pitiful selection
since the original game.... :'(
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 05:51:48 AM by Icyken »
2K21 , Courses
   Craigendoran Links..(new)
   Prestwick , Scotland. Tour
   Helensburgh , GC. Tour
   Ayrshire Gailes. Tour
   Rosemount , Scotland
   St Nicholas , Prestwick

phil tarry

« Reply #65 on: September 12, 2019, 04:29:04 AM »
as You say shaun like me the course first
.dynamic wind
2 darker sand
3.place ball anywhere on tees
4.afew leaves here and there
5.may be divot in fair ways
6.more sand spray out of bunkers
7.more camera angles on tees and play from that angle
and play from fair way to green
8.flag poles with flags
9.bit of booing When You dont get ahole in 1 on par3
10.scorched ground from fair ways to green
11.smoother edges that blend in
12.steward with quiet please signs
13.pot bunkers
all adds to the realism
14.ropes for crowds
just afew ideas .NO INK LEFT LOL

pozbaird

« Reply #66 on: September 12, 2019, 05:07:19 AM »
In regard to my earlier suggestion of a wide selection of ‘Lego style pieces’ to use as building blocks in the game - in the current game, you have a colour wheel to completely change your golfer’s clothing, the colour of your clubs, add logos to your shirt etc. As an example, say you were provided with a basic cube shape, and it came in choices of brick, wood, and just white, but a colour wheel could change the white cube to any colour you want. Imagine what you could do with just that one cube. Never mind all the other shapes. Just thinking out loud here. Or maybe....

For courses set in the USA...

A section of crowd who scream ‘Go in the hole!’ -  when you are driving at a 600 yard Par 5.

Maybe not.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 05:20:40 AM by pozbaird »
2K21 Courses:

Chernobyl Golf Club
Thunder Bay Golf Club
Cherry Creek CC 2K21
Hogwarts Golf Club 2K21
Central Park GC 2K21
Gofritt Golf Club 2K21
The 2112 Club

leslie.sangster

« Reply #67 on: September 12, 2019, 06:28:55 AM »
How about being able to change your point of view of the golfer and play your shot from that view, handy for when you can’t see your golfer because there is a tree in the way. You could do that in TGC1 but you can’t do it in 2019 and I don’t think you could do it in the second game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cathalos1991

« Reply #68 on: September 12, 2019, 06:36:00 AM »
How about being able to change your point of view of the golfer and play your shot from that view, handy for when you can’t see your golfer because there is a tree in the way. You could do that in TGC1 but you can’t do it in 2019 and I don’t think you could do it in the second game.

Tap down on right analog on PS4 does it

Course Designer
- Old Head Golf Links
- Old Course @ Ballybunion
- The Emirates Golf Club
- The Celtic Manor Resort
- Wentworth
- Killeen Castle Golf Club
- Highgarden Golf Resort
- Druids Glen Golf Resort
- Cill Mhuire Na nGall
- Royal County Down
- Crans-sur-Sierre

leslie.sangster

« Reply #69 on: September 12, 2019, 06:43:52 AM »

Tap down on right analog on PS4 does it

It used to do that on Xbox and you could play your shot from that point of view, can you still do that on PS4 ?
And @HB_ShaunW

« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 06:45:32 AM by leslie.sangster »

BSmooth13

« Reply #70 on: September 12, 2019, 09:06:12 AM »
I think improving the mechanics of how the existing objects can be placed/used - spline-able walls, free-transform of all objects, etc. - would far outweigh merely adding a few new things in terms of advancing the capabilities of the designer. Using the limited development resources HB has for TGC (since we're commonly reminded about how TGC/HB Dev's are such a small team) on simply designing a few new objects at the cost of not taking that time and putting it toward improving/advancing the functionality of the designer itself would be nothing more than window-dressing, really. Just my $.02.

Stan Solo

« Reply #71 on: September 12, 2019, 10:59:49 AM »
We try to be careful with what goes/gets replaced. 

Are you saying the designer has reach it's maximum limit  ?

Now you have to take away stuff just to add something new  ?

Is this because of Unity, resources or something else   ?

crunchshark

« Reply #72 on: September 12, 2019, 11:12:51 AM »
A few more unique buildings would be nice. Small village pub, shop, church and any various small building you would normally see.
My courses

Panama Dunes
The Beachcomber
Marble Brae Links
Deadwood Straits GC
Diablos Dell
Almondwood Bay GC

leslie.sangster

« Reply #73 on: September 12, 2019, 11:47:26 AM »
I think improving the mechanics of how the existing objects can be placed/used - spline-able walls, free-transform of all objects, etc. - would far outweigh merely adding a few new things in terms of advancing the capabilities of the designer. Using the limited development resources HB has for TGC (since we're commonly reminded about how TGC/HB Dev's are such a small team) on simply designing a few new objects at the cost of not taking that time and putting it toward improving/advancing the functionality of the designer itself would be nothing more than window-dressing, really. Just my $.02.
When you say splineable wall do you mean put a spline down for where you want a wall then tell it what texture you want use and maybe a height.

HB_ShaunW

• Administrator
« Reply #74 on: September 12, 2019, 11:55:23 AM »
We try to be careful with what goes/gets replaced. 

Are you saying the designer has reach it's maximum limit  ?

Now you have to take away stuff just to add something new  ?

Is this because of Unity, resources or something else   ?

No, I'm saying some items don't hold up over 5 years of iteration, so they need to be removed or replaced. That means any course that used that object in the past either has something missing or has a new object on the course where they wouldn't intend it. It's one of the biggest reasons for having to edit your course before publishing an imported version for an older game. You need to verify it's how you want it. As we made adjustment to terrain generation to improve future courses, that also impacted older courses. There were numbers of complaints about course being 'broken' when they were imported. That's because the tool is getting bigger and that advancement unfortunately can have a negative impact on the older course.

space-cash