Different Handicaps for the same hole?

• 4 Replies

Barrie53

« on: September 11, 2019, 02:42:09 PM »
Hi Everyone
This may have been asked in the past, but I am quite new to TGC2019. Whilst designing a course I have need for different handicaps on the same hole. For example the women’s tee has a different handicap then the men’s. Also on some holes the women’s tee is further back then that of the men’s yellow tee. The trouble arises when I change the colour of the front tee to yellow and the second tee to red. The game reorders all the tees on the other holes.

Any suggestions as always gratefully welcome.
Barrie

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2019, 02:51:09 PM »
In TGC2 on some holes you could place a different tee but in TGC 2019 it resets it's self like the problem you say.No way round it sorry to say and i am assuming you mean changing the par for say a front tee par 5 for ladies and par 4 for championship play etc its something you can't do it would be a great idea for each waypoint to have its own setting.The HCP or SI is decided by the plays you get.

Barrie53

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2019, 04:28:20 PM »
Hi Yeltzman
Many thanks for the info. I guessed it must be the limitation of the game that prevents different handicaps to be set for the same hole. It is the stroke index which varies on the particular course that i am working on.
For example:
Hole 9
Mens White Tee: 478 yds Par=5 SI=11
Mens Yellow Tee: 470 yds Par=5 SI=11
Ladies Red Tee: 455 Yds  Par=5 SI=1

Hole 10
Mens White Tee: 384 yds Par=4 SI=6
Mens Yellow Tee:: 363 yds Par=4 SI=6
Ladies Red Tee: 366 yds Par=4 SI=8

Also do you have any ideas when using Chads tools to import the Lidar Data and the Openstreetmap Course that i have plotted the hole distances vary greatly. This sometimes results that i cant site the tee pox to suit the actual distance to the hole.

Again any ideas would be appreciated.
Barrie

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2019, 04:36:53 PM »
i have no idea on chad's tool don't use PC,but the stroke index which is different is decided by the scores when people play so you can't put them into game.its why sometimes harder holes from back tees are not the hardest in game mostly 50-60% of players use forward tees so it corrupts it really.

plenty of Lidar designers here i am sure someone will answer question concerning the problems with tees good luck with the course.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 04:39:09 PM by Yeltzman »

MAJORHIGH

• Savannah, GA
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2019, 07:02:11 PM »
Hi Yeltzman
Many thanks for the info. I guessed it must be the limitation of the game that prevents different handicaps to be set for the same hole. It is the stroke index which varies on the particular course that i am working on.
For example:
Hole 9
Mens White Tee: 478 yds Par=5 SI=11
Mens Yellow Tee: 470 yds Par=5 SI=11
Ladies Red Tee: 455 Yds  Par=5 SI=1

Hole 10
Mens White Tee: 384 yds Par=4 SI=6
Mens Yellow Tee:: 363 yds Par=4 SI=6
Ladies Red Tee: 366 yds Par=4 SI=8

Also do you have any ideas when using Chads tools to import the Lidar Data and the Openstreetmap Course that i have plotted the hole distances vary greatly. This sometimes results that i cant site the tee pox to suit the actual distance to the hole.

Again any ideas would be appreciated.
Barrie

Are you getting hole distances that are way short of the actual real-life course? If so, that most likely has to do with the designer measuring directly from the tee box point to the green point. It will ignore the waypoint for some reason and then later in the process it will measure tee to waypoint to green. I think it only considers the waypoints once all 18 holes are down. Here's an example of the 9th hole at The Conservatory. The initial measurement was the yellow line of 539. It later became 564 which is short of the hole's 570 stated distance but 6 yards was OK with me. But if you consider that it is a par 5 it should take 3 shots to reach the green and that would be the USGA measurement. So the red line is where I measured a 300 yard drive, 200 yard layup, and the pitch to the center of the green was 70 yards on the money. 570, exactly as stated on the scorecard.

The Conservatory - LIDAR
Stonecypher Club
Ford Plantation (RCR)
Davenport Athletic Club
Widow's Talon
Pinhook Saddle Club

(WIP: Ekwanok Country Club - LIDAR)
(WIP: Broadchurch)

space-cash