How many TGC 2019 XBox One players have gone this far?

• 6 Replies

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« on: September 21, 2019, 03:18:47 PM »
I just took a step this week that in retrospect, has given my pause... I'm a gamer and a huge football fan.  I found that I was having anxiety over not watching football while gaming.  I had a 19" flat screen on a cabinet in my media room, but it was so small and so far away that I didn't feel its "presence".

This week I broke down and bought a 32", TCL Series 3, 32S327 and a telescoping and rotating wall mount.  The HDTV was a paltry $160.45, but my gosh... it delivers in spades.  It's 1080p, has every TV app known to man built in, including Live Hulu, and has a surprisingly high contrast and brightness range.  My 55" TCL Series 6 is on the end wall of the media room and I mounted the 32" Series 3 on the side wall, about 3 feet closer to me, to the right of the 55".  I need only turn my head 10 degrees to view the 32" display, which is about 4 feet away.

It's working beautifully and will no doubt put my mind at ease about missing live football and basketball, while gaming!  I'm watching Wisconsin put a first class rump roastin' on Michigan as I type this.  My wife has proclaimed that this has removed any doubt in her mind as to whether I'm certifiable or not :-[ :D

I can't believe that one can buy a 32" HDTV at this price that delivers this degree of quality!  Technology can be a wonderful thing, can't it? 

On a down note, I can see how this will disturb my concentration in TGC 2019.  I already don't spend enough time evaluating slopes when hitting chip shots and putts.  This will only exacerbate my already marginal attention deficit disorder!  ;D
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

MERACE

• golf-beta
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2019, 06:53:05 PM »
I caught the end of the Michigan/Wisconsin football game and thought I was watching a high school team (Michigan) playing.  :-\ I live in Michigan but I’m more of a Notre Dame fan since my late father is an alumni. 

As for the pricing on the TCL brand of 4K TVs, I just checked the current price of my 65” TCL 4K TV at Best Buy and it’s now only $479.99  :o (I paid $1000 a little over a year ago).

I’m slightly distracted too when watching TV on my iPad while playing TGC2019. That’s my excuse for my high scores and I’m sticking with it.   ;)

I’ll get back with you with an answer to your question in another thread with my color setting (8 bit or 10 bit). My grandkids have taken over my Xbox One X.  :(

-MERACE

FRSTDWN

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2019, 09:07:03 PM »
That's awesome JC.

I have thought about doing it but never pulled the trigger. I can use Hulu on my phone if there is something I really want to watch at the same time.  I can record it as well which is what I usually will do if I care enough. I'm just not into football like I used to be. I lived for it at one point. Not sure why my interest has faded but being the Raiders have sucked for years, I don't bet on it anymore and having young kids might have something to do  with it 🙃

I am moving at some point and will definitely consider two TVs for my new gaming room.

I'm still amazed by this LG C7 . Best money I have ever spent on a TV . My TCL upstairs is still doing great as well. Definitely worth the price.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 09:08:35 PM by FRSTDWN »
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED

PGA Tour 2K21 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
https://twitch.tv/frstdwn4lw

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2019, 10:27:05 PM »
I caught the end of the Michigan/Wisconsin football game and thought I was watching a high school team (Michigan) playing.  :-\ I live in Michigan but I’m more of a Notre Dame fan since my late father is an alumni.

I was shocked at what I was seeing... they were getting owned at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball, but most shocking was the play of their O line - they were hyped to be one of the best O lines in the nation this year!? 

As for the pricing on the TCL brand of 4K TVs, I just checked the current price of my 65” TCL 4K TV at Best Buy and it’s now only $479.99  :o (I paid $1000 a little over a year ago).

Are you SERIOUS!!??  I thought I was getting a deal on mine when I got it for $940  :o  I don't regret it though, I've gotten a lot of good viewing time with it.  The chick flick viewing memories I've built with my wife watching it are priceless (in case she's looking in  ;)

I’m slightly distracted too when watching TV on my iPad while playing TGC2019. That’s my excuse for my high scores and I’m sticking with it.   ;)

I’ll get back with you with an answer to your question in another thread with my color setting (8 bit or 10 bit). My grandkids have taken over my Xbox One X.  :(

TGC 2019 simulplay with a football game is manageable, but as I found later this afternoon, NASCAR HEAT 4 and football aren't.  I could only listen out of one ear, and watch during the automated pit stops  :)

As for the color depth setting, I *think* it defaults to 8-bit, no matter what screen it's connected to.  I'd love to find some content that I could do an A/B with on it though.

Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2019, 10:34:16 PM »
That's awesome JC.

I have thought about doing it but never pulled the trigger. I can use Hulu on my phone if there is something I really want to watch at the same time.  I can record it as well which is what I usually will do if I care enough. I'm just not into football like I used to be. I lived for it at one point. Not sure why my interest has faded but being the Raiders have sucked for years, I don't bet on it anymore and having young kids might have something to do  with it 🙃

I am moving at some point and will definitely consider two TVs for my new gaming room.

I'm still amazed by this LG C7 . Best money I have ever spent on a TV . My TCL upstairs is still doing great as well. Definitely worth the price.

This day has been a very good litmus test for me.  I've had the news on this morning while gaming, football most of the afternoon and now into the evening, and a Youtube broadcast of a podcast with pictures (that really don't demand viewing most of the time).  They all worked pretty good with TGC 2019.  With NASCAR HEAT 4 (which, btw, has the best and most varied AI drivers I've ever encountered in a racing game!), only the podcast was doable, and even then I was distracted enough by the game (like when my spotter was talking to me) to where I had to go back and hear sections of the podcast again.

I've seen the C7 showing a store demo, which included a steam engine train making its way through the mountains, right after it came out.  My jaw hit the floor... it was stunning!
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2019, 10:24:53 PM »
The 4K TV prices will be dropping now that 8K is coming out..........  I’ve heard really good things about the TCL TVs. 
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming.
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2X Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB m2 RAID level 0
EVGA GTX 1080 SC. Windows 10 64 Bit
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2019, 10:01:36 AM »
The 4K TV prices will be dropping now that 8K is coming out..........  I’ve heard really good things about the TCL TVs.

Both of mine are still performing flawlessly!  I've been very pleased with them, although my original 65" model arrived with a cracked screen.  Best Buy got me a replacement screen within 2 days and it was perfect.
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

space-cash