A couple of questions regarding the Course Designer...

• 2 Replies

apjgilbert

« on: September 24, 2019, 08:16:48 AM »
Apologies if these questions have been answered elsewhere, but I'd appreciate a steer for a couple of issues...

1) I've (embarrassingly) left a floating tree on a course I've published - a copy and paste thing. Is there any way of either (a) copying and pasting objects so they're placed on the ground, or (b) viewing all objects (without hovering over them) that aren't touching the ground?

2) I'd like to use the multi-object tool to spread some grass around - but it only lets me place really tall grass, I can't figure out how to reduce the size of the grass. I don't want to have to place individual clumps, it take hours!

Thanks in advance for any help

less than bread

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2019, 01:51:55 PM »
Unfortunately the answer to both your questions is no... those are unfortunate things we have to deal with in the designer.

I like using the copy and paste feature here and there but only for relatively flat ground and on water because all objects stay at the same height and don't follow the land contours.

You do have to seek out and find any objects that aren't touching the ground, no way to single them out. A good rule of thumb is to finish land sculpting in an area first before planting to avoid this mistake.

The multi-plant tool is nice because it saves time, looks decent enough because it does resize and rotate objects for you, and follows the ground contours. However, the finished product usually looks better if all objects are planted individually because you have more control over the overall look and more time/care is given than using the multi-plant.

You just have to decide if the added time is worth it to you for a better look. I would encourage doing all individual planting instead of using the multi-plant tool because the finished product will look better, it saves your object meter, and will help you develop more as a designer and separate you from the pack.
TGC 2019 Courses:
The Green Inferno
Old Red's Sandstone Range
Scorched Horizon Golf Club
Mighty Oak Lodge & Ranch
Kathmandu Valley Golf Club

apjgilbert

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2019, 02:52:45 PM »

Thanks.

space-cash