Is it time to give away the game for free

• 6 Replies

gerard

« on: March 28, 2020, 12:07:31 AM »
Is it time to give away the game for free,to generate some buzz.Of course @K might not agree.

phil tarry

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2020, 03:29:19 AM »
that wont go down well with the community on here most
of us paid for all 3 games.my fault end of day each game
is just an update version of the last.game needs new stuff
adding 2 it what people have asked for better graphics
1.pot bunkers
2.player animation
3.more tv camera angles
4.natural looking color brushes
for greens fairways not bright green colours 2 me let alot
good courses down they don't look natural.
i did GLENHILL GC tried 2 keep that natural look.

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2020, 06:51:09 AM »
Is it time to give away the game for free,to generate some buzz.Of course @K might not agree.

They did give the game away free for xbox gold users a while ago.

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2020, 12:09:58 PM »
They did give the game away free for xbox gold users a while ago.

Yes they did, and it did trigger a bit of a spike in online players.  For about three weeks it was much quicker finding a match in online matchmaking.  FRSTDWN reported that there was also a sudden swell in the membership of the TGC 2019 multiplayer game group he created.  I have a couple of friends who picked it up and tried it when it was free.  Neither of them are golfers or golf gamers, but they did say the game was better than they'd imagined it would be.  Still, it didn't convert either of them to full time players as they just don't like golf.
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2020, 12:19:38 PM »
I know this will upset a few here,but this game unless you play day in day out is a little bit too tricky for the casual golfer to really get to grips with.Saying that i know its on sale at 2k store for PC,no stock for consoles if the price was about £20/$20 at the moment on the console stores it would be flying of the shelves,maybe not as much as toilet rolls here in the uk but it would sell a few copies.

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2020, 12:59:04 PM »
I think for all of its realism does it not have that addiction draw of building up to something?  You know. I mean like call of duty has you coming back to build your guns up.  Tiger had you working to unlock those titlest clubs and legends players.  And for a while plays on extra dlc courses.  I really think how madden and mlb and the nba2k(who did it first) have unlockable legends is a big draw.  What if we had an u lockable 1934 version of Augusta? Or other famous courses from the past?  What if HB had challenges to unlock Jack and Arnold?    Just thinking here.  All of this of course I  addition to all that thegolfclub has already came out with and is today.  I guess I dont want much.
Created RCR Courses: 
Links at Lighthouse Sound
nicknamed "The Pebble Beach of the East"

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

War Admiral at GlenRiddle
2017 top 40 places to play in Maryland

Legends- Moorland Course
#37 Toughest Course in U.S.- Golf Digest
Americas top courses '03 & '09

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2020, 01:02:29 PM »
I know this will upset a few here,but this game unless you play day in day out is a little bit too tricky for the casual golfer to really get to grips with.Saying that i know its on sale at 2k store for PC,no stock for consoles if the price was about £20/$20 at the moment on the console stores it would be flying of the shelves,maybe not as much as toilet rolls here in the uk but it would sell a few copies.

With the master club set maybe but, isnt that why we have selectable options in games?   With all due respect I see your point if you're jumping right into the master set and you're not really a golfer but, dumbing them down? Wouldnt that hurt the longevity of the game for the rest of us?
Created RCR Courses: 
Links at Lighthouse Sound
nicknamed "The Pebble Beach of the East"

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

War Admiral at GlenRiddle
2017 top 40 places to play in Maryland

Legends- Moorland Course
#37 Toughest Course in U.S.- Golf Digest
Americas top courses '03 & '09

space-cash