TGC 2020 STILL No news ?

• 370 Replies

MERACE

• golf-beta
« Reply #270 on: February 17, 2020, 03:19:19 PM »
Here’s another developer deciding to self publish their future games for the reason of independence:

https://www.bluesnews.com/s/208188/quantic-dream-going-full-indie

-MERACE

FRSTDWN

« Reply #271 on: February 17, 2020, 03:36:57 PM »
If it was not for a couple of you guys this forum would be dead.

I will never understand this company.
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED!

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TGC 2019 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

FRSTDWN

« Reply #272 on: February 17, 2020, 03:37:55 PM »
Ohh and HB should hire the SKOL guy to do their marketing.

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #273 on: February 17, 2020, 07:04:47 PM »
Oh and i forgot, hb's course creator is revolutionary although it needs to be expanded.   So,,  HB's getting close to greatness
Created RCR Courses: 
Links at Lighthouse Sound
nicknamed "The Pebble Beach of the East"

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

War Admiral at GlenRiddle
2017 top 40 places to play in Maryland

Legends- Moorland Course
#37 Toughest Course in U.S.- Golf Digest
Americas top courses '03 & '09

Sandsaver

• If I had anything better to do I would be doing it
« Reply #274 on: February 18, 2020, 08:36:47 AM »
Oh and i forgot, hb's course creator is revolutionary although it needs to be expanded.   So,,  HB's getting close to greatness

I have to disagree with you on that, Jeff.  I found TW08's course Architect to have many more options and ability to change things than the HB designer.  Textures, signs, buildings, backdrops and many other things one could import into a course.  Some of that may be because of the cross-platform aspect, and the use of Unity but still.

The only major issue I recall with the Architect was the seams between textures - you had to be very careful or they would distrupt ball movement.

andya14

• http://yosoyungamer.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/The-Golf-Club.jpg
« Reply #275 on: February 18, 2020, 09:31:41 AM »

I have to disagree with you on that, Jeff.  I found TW08's course Architect to have many more options and ability to change things than the HB designer.  Textures, signs, buildings, backdrops and many other things one could import into a course.  Some of that may be because of the cross-platform aspect, and the use of Unity but still.

The only major issue I recall with the Architect was the seams between textures - you had to be very careful or they would distrupt ball movement.

Agreed, the course designer is now way outdated and stale, the designers do a fantastic job with what they have but its all looking real samey and bland now, again if it wasn't for the designers this game would of died an age ago!

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #276 on: February 18, 2020, 09:35:39 AM »
Oh. I didnt play on pc until this year.  My xbox 360 tw08 did not include a course designer.  (None of the 4 360's)  😢
Created RCR Courses: 

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

Legends- Moorland Course

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« Reply #277 on: February 18, 2020, 11:50:24 AM »
I got the impression from that that they didn’t have anything that they could share at this time.  Contractual restraints could be the issue or it could be that a new game is not at the phase of development at which they are ready to share anything.  I sincerely doubt that there won’t be another game.

I'm seeing this pretty much the same way you are.  "We have no news" and "and nothing to share" means to me that they have no news that they can share... and probably because they are contractually bound from sharing anything.  I can see where titaneddie would have interpreted it the way he did because the statement is a bit ambiguous.

I will say that my certainty of another TGC game from HB Studios is somewhat less optimistic than yours though :-\

I understand with emotions running high and a lack of response from HB making everyone assume the worst,  but I would like to add what I consider as a hint of logic as well. If HB was out of the business of working on TGC and that was their final decision, don't you think someone from HB would be a bit more open and candid on the forum at some point in time in regards to future of the TGC franchise?

For me,  the lack of nothingness points totally to the fact that things are in limbo and they can't speak on it.   For any of us to assume that HB is going to drop a game that has literally brought them so much visibility and success makes no sense.  They could put out a new game themselves on the same engine with some minor improvements and everyone would still buy it.  I think the only explanation for hearing nothing from them is that they're working on a new game behind the scenes and waiting for contracts to expire.
My Courses:
Nitro 9 Bedrock
Devils Rain (updated)
Throat of Saint Blaise V.1
Our Lady Of Guadalupe V 0.9
Texoma's 9 Hole On The Green
Opulent Peaks CC
Margaret Thatchers Fields Of Pleasure (joke course)

BSmooth13

« Reply #278 on: February 18, 2020, 04:35:48 PM »
don't you think someone from HB would be a bit more open and candid on the forum at some point in time in regards to future of the TGC franchise?
Counter-opinion - when's the last time that happened on any subject related to TGC from any "staff" member? So then why should we expect that to happen period, let alone now?

This "they just can't share info" thing has been a go-to for some around here dating back to that publisher ordeal with 2 (Maximum?), but IMO it's a convenience fall back excuse - what tangible reason should we believe that to be the case. I mean, there are soooo many simply explained/obvious bugs in 19 that they never even bothered to deal with, why in the world should we give them the benefit of the doubt? Where's the evidence of a genuine interest in supporting the franchise and providing the highest quality product possible, throughout the duration of it's use, in our recent history with HB and TGC? Quite frankly I wonder, give how we've been strung out on that talking point so much, do most TGC users even care anymore? Seriously, what's changed over the past year or so since HB went dark on TGC that should make us feel anything other than scorned, should we choose not believe the "they're working on it but can't say" blind leap of faith?

Guess we did get those sheds, though. Hallelujah...

FRSTDWN

« Reply #279 on: February 18, 2020, 07:00:57 PM »
Well said .

Business model meeting is ....uhhh how do we tell people we abandoned this game and will never make a new one? I know just say we can't talk about it!

This game is good but could have been great. They could have updated it and done some dlc stuff or a season pass . New skins , clothes or whatever  to cover costs. Nah making money is not par for the course here.

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

titaneddie

« Reply #280 on: February 18, 2020, 10:56:23 PM »
They could put out a new game themselves on the same engine with some minor improvements and everyone would still buy it.

According to VGChartz sales of tgc 2 were almost double tgc19.

No idea how accurate that site is, but if true i would guess alot of people new to the franchise buying 2 weren't impressed enough to spend even more on '19.

I was actually surprised how many copies of tgc2 they did sell. If accurate that was really good.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 10:58:07 PM by titaneddie »

IIJohnnyRingoII

« Reply #281 on: February 19, 2020, 09:47:31 AM »
don't you think someone from HB would be a bit more open and candid on the forum at some point in time in regards to future of the TGC franchise?
Counter-opinion - when's the last time that happened on any subject related to TGC from any "staff" member? So then why should we expect that to happen period, let alone now?

This "they just can't share info" thing has been a go-to for some around here dating back to that publisher ordeal with 2 (Maximum?), but IMO it's a convenience fall back excuse - what tangible reason should we believe that to be the case. I mean, there are soooo many simply explained/obvious bugs in 19 that they never even bothered to deal with, why in the world should we give them the benefit of the doubt? Where's the evidence of a genuine interest in supporting the franchise and providing the highest quality product possible, throughout the duration of it's use, in our recent history with HB and TGC? Quite frankly I wonder, give how we've been strung out on that talking point so much, do most TGC users even care anymore? Seriously, what's changed over the past year or so since HB went dark on TGC that should make us feel anything other than scorned, should we choose not believe the "they're working on it but can't say" blind leap of faith?

Guess we did get those sheds, though. Hallelujah...

I personally gave up on this game a long, long time ago.  I come back to check on the Forums now and again to see the same posts over and over, while hoping to catch a glimpse of a new golf game release date.  Unfortunately no new game information, just speculation.  So, I crawl back under my rock for a few weeks, and will check back later.

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #282 on: February 19, 2020, 01:44:23 PM »
sleprock
Created RCR Courses: 

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

Legends- Moorland Course

liquidsnake000

« Reply #283 on: February 19, 2020, 01:59:00 PM »
If they are going to abandon the game, they should release the handbrake off the course designer and give us a public bin file to make new objects to add to the library.
bring on 2019 tgc.

TaS

• GroupMember
« Reply #284 on: February 19, 2020, 02:07:38 PM »
If they are going to abandon the game, they should release the handbrake off the course designer and give us a public bin file to make new objects to add to the library.
They should do that either way.  Backgrounds and objects should be ugc. 

space-cash