TGC 2020 STILL No news ?

• 372 Replies

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #360 on: March 28, 2020, 12:50:00 PM »
I picked up the new modern warfare as well.  Pretty good game
 Beautiful for sure.  Haven't tried the warzone thing.   I should look and see what it is too.
Created RCR Courses: 
Links at Lighthouse Sound
nicknamed "The Pebble Beach of the East"

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

War Admiral at GlenRiddle
2017 top 40 places to play in Maryland

Legends- Moorland Course
#37 Toughest Course in U.S.- Golf Digest
Americas top courses '03 & '09

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #361 on: April 01, 2020, 10:59:46 AM »
I've found that when you adjust your TV's hdr settings and then even your picture settings the picture looks incredibly better for this game and others. We still must have better grass and sand textures next time.
  This made a huge difference for mlb the show 20 as well
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 10:10:09 PM by jeffield »
Created RCR Courses: 

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

Legends- Moorland Course

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #362 on: April 02, 2020, 12:30:00 AM »
Just be careful you dont take the television settings out of game mode. Doing this will cause input lag on a ps4.  I did this and spent a good while trying to figure out what was going on.  And wrecked a tournament at eastlake in Career mode. So not happy about that either. 
Created RCR Courses: 

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

Legends- Moorland Course

Stokie

« Reply #363 on: April 02, 2020, 04:28:10 AM »
would be nice in these sad and trying times if HB could brighten our lives up by saying they are working on a new version

Oswinner

« Reply #364 on: April 02, 2020, 06:00:12 PM »
Is it crazy that I’m not too bothered about a new game? I’d pay £10 for a big ass patch fixing all the little issues this game has rather than pay £40 for a brand new game.

Icyken

« Reply #365 on: April 02, 2020, 06:35:54 PM »
£40 , your having a laugh  ;D
COURSES.....
 St Nicholas, Prestwick  (  Rosemount. Scotland. )
 Ayrshire Gailes.      (  Hermit of Mink Hollow. )
 Machrihan Dunes, 2019   (  The Celtic Isles. )
 Helensburgh Golf club      (   The Fruin.  )
 Prestwick, Golf club      (   Craigendoran Links  )

All have tour props free versions

lrvenable

« Reply #366 on: April 03, 2020, 11:33:27 AM »
I would love to have some updated commentary.  With spring approaching I have been playing a lot more TGC2019.  After a few rounds I started dropping the sound of the announcer as it got so repetitive.  I would also like to see the scorecard between holes along with the tournament scores.  Having to navigate menus to see the scorecard doesn't make sense.

spikel

« Reply #367 on: April 04, 2020, 10:45:34 PM »
would be nice in these sad and trying times if HB could brighten our lives up by saying they are working on a new version
Hey it's worth a try :) . That being said stay safe and healthy everyone

leslie.sangster

« Reply #368 on: April 08, 2020, 07:50:46 PM »
Might be news it’s a good listen to the end and HB admin has posted something in the forum

https://twitter.com/tsn1290radio/status/1247983343528038401?s=21

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #369 on: April 08, 2020, 09:50:17 PM »
Might be news it’s a good listen to the end and HB admin has posted something in the forum

Thanks for posting this link Leslie.  I tend to overlook stickied posts, so I would have missed this.  I listened to the interview and found it to be informative, particularly the last 40 seconds where the host asks Shaun West "Is there another Golf Club coming up in the future?"  Shaun's response started out like I thought it would with "I assumed you would ask me that and right now we don't have any info (or news... there's a warp in the audio and I can't tell whether he said info or news - I could hear both of them depending on how I'm listening) about what we're working on".  We've read that here in the forum on a couple of occasions.

What I totally didn't expect to hear was what he followed that up with:  "but you can stay tuned and I think there's some cool stuff coming up that we're in the works with... with 2K and PGA TOUR on to get some content out there" :o  (Looks like JohnEric was right! :) )

Now let the discussions of what he meant by "some content" begin, as I struggled right away with whether he meant new game, or new DLC PGA TOUR courses and possibly PGA Tour player models incorporated into the game?  Either way, it's good to hear something new is coming, although I'm hoping strongly that it's a new game, updated with the thought of the XBox Series X and PS5 in mind!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 12:50:00 PM by jcauthen04 »
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #370 on: April 08, 2020, 11:22:52 PM »
More designer content.... backdrops, textures, universal objects, realistic water flow, splineable fencing that contours to the landscape.
There are numerous upgrades which could make the game we have good for another year or 2.
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming.
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2X Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB m2 RAID level 0
EVGA GTX 1080 SC. Windows 10 64 Bit
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

NevadaBallin

« Reply #371 on: April 09, 2020, 02:58:59 AM »

Thanks for posting this link Leslie.  I tend to overlook stickied posts, so I would have missed this.  I listened to the interview and found it to be informative, particularly the last 40 seconds where the host asks Shaun West "Is there another Golf Club coming up in the future?"  Shaun's response started out like I thought it would with "I assumed you would ask me that and right now we don't have any info (or news... there's a warp in the audio and I can't tell whether he said info or news - I could hear both of them depending on how I'm listening) about what we're working on".  We've read that here in the forum on a couple of occasions.

What I totally didn't expect to hear was what he followed that up with:  "but you can stay tuned and I think there's some cool stuff coming up that we're in the works with... with 2K and PGA TOUR on to get some new content out there" :o  (Looks like JohnEric was right! :))

Now let the discussions of what he meant by "new content" begin, as I struggled right away with whether he meant new game, or new DLC PGA TOUR courses and possibly PGA Tour player models incorporated into the game?  Either way, it's good to hear something new is coming, although I'm hoping strongly that it's a new game, updated with the thought of the XBox Series X and PS5 in mind!

No news is just that... nothing new. There was a media opportunity there and it went nowhere. That's too bad. We could all use something good and positive to hang a hat on these days.

But...
Nothing to talk about.
Nothing to get excited about.

I'll need to have my NothingBurger delivered due to the covid virus.

:(
Twitch Channel>  http://www.twitch.tv/YoNevadaBallin

Come by and say hello

***TGC 2019 Courses***
- Montreux Barracuda (RCR Montreux, Reno, NV)
- St Alphonso GC FXD
- Idlewild South Memorial GC
- Bacarra Golf Club

milwsteve

« Reply #372 on: April 09, 2020, 09:29:40 AM »
Hope they come out with a pc version for the new game

space-cash