TGC 2020 STILL No news ?

• 361 Replies

kabeeo

« Reply #255 on: February 14, 2020, 09:44:16 AM »
Maybe I am a fool but I do still enjoy the game. I don't think there has ever been a better golf game.

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #256 on: February 14, 2020, 11:52:17 AM »
2019 was a good step up but, obviously there is still room for more depth.
Created RCR Courses: 
Links at Lighthouse Sound
nicknamed "The Pebble Beach of the East"

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

War Admiral at GlenRiddle
2017 top 40 places to play in Maryland

Legends- Moorland Course
#37 Toughest Course in U.S.- Golf Digest
Americas top courses '03 & '09

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #257 on: February 14, 2020, 12:09:57 PM »
If HB can’t even accomplish that what makes us think they are developing a new game when they didn’t finish the last?
2019 has been out for too long now and all the known flaws are fully exploited now. What a shame.

Here's my theory as to why the above may be the case.  Suppose 2K's publishing agreement with HB Studios has a limit on the amount of post release support HB Studios can provide?  I don't know how software publishing contracts work, but it's conceivable, in my mind, that this could be the case.

If HB Studios is developing another golf game for another publisher, or with the idea of self publishing it, there may be a contractual restriction with 2K as to when they can say anything official about it.   This is just pure speculation on my part, but if it's true, it would explain HB Studios posture over the last year or so.
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

titaneddie

« Reply #258 on: February 14, 2020, 01:12:06 PM »
If HB can’t even accomplish that what makes us think they are developing a new game when they didn’t finish the last?
2019 has been out for too long now and all the known flaws are fully exploited now. What a shame.

Here's my theory as to why the above may be the case.  Suppose 2K's publishing agreement with HB Studios has a limit on the amount of post release support HB Studios can provide?  I don't know how software publishing contracts work, but it's conceivable, in my mind, that this could be the case.

Thought hb posted somewhere about they had a budget and once that was used up that was where they left game. Could be wrong but thought I remembered somthing to that effect.

Plus they have all but said they're currently not working on tgc.

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #259 on: February 14, 2020, 01:31:26 PM »
Thought hb posted somewhere about they had a budget and once that was used up that was where they left game. Could be wrong but thought I remembered somthing to that effect.

It would be great if we could find a post where they said that.  I simply don't recall it.  How recently do you recall that being said?

Plus they have all but said they're currently not working on tgc.

I don't recall reading where they said anything yeah or nay about another TGC.  If you could cite something they've said that suggests they're not working on it, I'd love to read it.  I'm not saying they haven't, but if they did, it didn't show up on my radar.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 01:40:39 PM by jcauthen04 »
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #260 on: February 14, 2020, 01:35:52 PM »
I read this forum almost daily and when I do miss a day. Read back to where I left off.....  I have never seen anything from HB to suggest they won’t/ aren’t working on a new game.
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming.
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2X Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB m2 RAID level 0
EVGA GTX 1080 SC. Windows 10 64 Bit
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

SweetTeeBag

• GroupMember
« Reply #261 on: February 14, 2020, 01:55:36 PM »
I read this forum almost daily and when I do miss a day. Read back to where I left off.....  I have never seen anything from HB to suggest they won’t/ aren’t working on a new game.

Shaun had a comment many months ago that their heads are down hard at work. On what is to be determined.

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #262 on: February 14, 2020, 02:01:05 PM »

Could you possibly be thinking of this statement by Shaun West back on January 6th with your thought above?

"There is a lot that goes into building out a calendar of events to mimic a PGA TOUR Schedule. Not only the time to assemble the courses but all of the unique assets that go into that and licensing discussions and reviews. It's not a short timeline and I imagine most of you who build courses on your time understand that. 6 for launch was what was afforded with the timeline and budget of the project."

http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.php/topic,29670.msg352151.html#msg352151

This bolded part of Shaun's post suggests to me that he's talking about the development phase budget and timeline.  I wouldn't infer from what he said that the post release support costs would be included in that budget.  Someone else (see below) did make that inference later on in the same thread, and that *may* be where you got the notion that HB Studios said it?  Of course, that could be the way Shaun meant it, but only he would know that for sure.

...what was afforded with the timeline and budget of the project.

This pretty much confirm everything I thought.  Once the budget is gone for the game, no more updates, that's it. And now waiting for sufficient $ in the budget to make another game with enough added content. It could take a while, there's also other projects going on.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 02:04:00 PM by jcauthen04 »
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

titaneddie

« Reply #263 on: February 14, 2020, 03:59:56 PM »
Yeah that was the quote jc. That's what I took it to mean as he did word everything in the past tense. That coupled with "we have no news" and "and nothing to share" to me is just a vague way of trying to keep people kinda guessing but at the same time saying they're not working on tgc at this time or else people around here would freak out about the franchise being "dead".

Obviously just like everybody except Jon Eric, I have no idea but that's what I got out of all their statements on the matter.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 04:21:59 PM by titaneddie »

RockManDan

• GroupMember
« Reply #264 on: February 14, 2020, 06:37:56 PM »
I got the impression from that that they didn’t have anything that they could share at this time.  Contractual restraints could be the issue or it could be that a new game is not at the phase of development at which they are ready to share anything.  I sincerely doubt that there won’t be another game.
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #265 on: February 15, 2020, 12:19:23 PM »
I got the impression from that that they didn’t have anything that they could share at this time.  Contractual restraints could be the issue or it could be that a new game is not at the phase of development at which they are ready to share anything.  I sincerely doubt that there won’t be another game.

I'm seeing this pretty much the same way you are.  "We have no news" and "and nothing to share" means to me that they have no news that they can share... and probably because they are contractually bound from sharing anything.  I can see where titaneddie would have interpreted it the way he did because the statement is a bit ambiguous.

I will say that my certainty of another TGC game from HB Studios is somewhat less optimistic than yours though :-\
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

kfozz4381

« Reply #266 on: February 15, 2020, 02:03:51 PM »
Look I pray that we get a new game soon and yes I am a fanboy, With flaws and all it still tops any TW series game ever as a golf game. I have owned them all and I have never stayed playing on a weekly basis this far out form its original release. I really only wish for two simple fixes and I really would have no complaints, Fix the stupid ball drops after hitting a ball into a hazard so it follows the actual rules of golf, and make the leader boards spoiler free. Now there are some other things I know we all want to help with the immersion factor of a video game. And can the graphics get better? Yes but even for all the HB attackers on this forum I assume you must still be playing the game? If you are complaining and not playing nothing is going to make you happy! I have to believe HB will make another Golf Game, I fear what will happen if it partners with EA zero trust left for me there. I wish things would have worked with 2k it looks doubtful with less and less news moving forward. Self publishing probably loses PGA Tour License and not so sure that is a bad thing. My best guess is we dont get anything until next generation consoles are actually out and then we can hope this is first sports title released.

spikel

« Reply #267 on: February 16, 2020, 03:58:55 PM »
Look I pray that we get a new game soon and yes I am a fanboy, With flaws and all it still tops any TW series game ever as a golf game
This is so true, this game is still the best. I own TW 99-2008 on PC and many of those on console too. I also own 12 and 13 on 360 and PS3 even though I own neither console.

RockManDan

• GroupMember
« Reply #268 on: February 16, 2020, 07:54:59 PM »
Look I pray that we get a new game soon and yes I am a fanboy, With flaws and all it still tops any TW series game ever as a golf game

I spent 6 solid hours on the designer having a whole lot of fun with my new Delta course
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #269 on: February 17, 2020, 02:59:32 AM »
TW14 was pretty good although, the putting in TW 13 was the most realistic/challenging.   Thats when augusta was augusta for the TW series.    But, all of the pga courses and play a legend unlocks were great in 14.
  Tgc 19 is the best of the tgc series by far but, is just a bit short of greatness in gameplay (driver off the tee simplicity and easy flop shot ongoing problem).  Plus solo game modes  need work to be in the conversation with tw14.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 03:03:07 AM by jeffield »
Created RCR Courses: 
Links at Lighthouse Sound
nicknamed "The Pebble Beach of the East"

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

War Admiral at GlenRiddle
2017 top 40 places to play in Maryland

Legends- Moorland Course
#37 Toughest Course in U.S.- Golf Digest
Americas top courses '03 & '09

space-cash